Windows 10: My PC will not boot up

Discus and support My PC will not boot up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday I received an error message "Your PC ran into a problem.....Needs to restart. After several attempts, I ran SFC\Scannow and received the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alinwellington, Nov 5, 2016.

1. My PC will not boot up

Yesterday I received an error message "Your PC ran into a problem.....Needs to restart. After several attempts, I ran SFC\Scannow and received the message "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". I am running Windows 10.0.10586. I ran X:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.Txt and received cannot find the path specified.

Can you help

:)

Alinwellington, Nov 5, 2016
  2. Arul_D Win User

PC will not boot up

Hello Volin,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue we need more information. Let us know the following:

• What is the previous windows version from which you upgraded to Windows 10?
    To resolve the issue, let us try the following step:

Method 1:

You may create a bootable media using the Windows 10 ISO file and perform automatic repair via the bootable media.

Download the Windows 10 ISO file completely from the following download link to your computer’s desktop:

Download Windows 10

Once Windows 10 is downloaded you may refer to the following Microsoft Article which talks about creating bootable media like a DVD for installing/re-settings Windows 10. The following article shows how to download the tool which
    helps in creating the bootable media, and how to run the tool:

Windows 10 herunterladen

You may now use the bootable media and perform an automatic repair follow the steps as detailed in the following Microsoft Answers thread:

Windows 10 automatic repair on loop

Method 2:

Start Computer in Windows Safe Mode.

To restart your computer in Windows Safe Mode follow the steps from the following Microsoft Article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode. If it does not occur in Safe Mode then restart the computer in Clean Boot mode and check.

To restart in Clean Boot follow the steps as per the following Microsoft Article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: The steps provided for Windows 8.1 in the above article applies for Windows 10 as well. After you have finished troubleshooting, follow steps under “How to reset
    the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot
    ” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Check if you are able to resolve the issue in the Clean Boot mode.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Nov 5, 2016
  3. volinTN Win User
    PC will not boot up

I upgraded from Win 8.1. I can't download to my desktop because it will not boot up and get to a screen I can use.

When I push the power button, The fan and hard drive start running for a few seconds then it shuts down. A few seconds later it will power back up on its own and try again. Sometimes I get the messages I referred to in my original
    post, but it will again kick back off and start over. l hope this is a better explanation of my problem.

volinTN, Nov 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

My PC will not boot up

Hello, could you clarify:
    1. You say your PC will not boot. What happens when you try to do so now?
    2. If your PC will not boot to normal mode, can you boot to safe mode by starting with booting from a Win 10 installation disk, via 'Repair my PC' and the Troubleshooting menu?
    3. How are you trying to run SFC /SCANNOW?
    - from a command prompt outside Windows?

If so, you would need to use the offline version e.g.
    sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=c:\windows
    - using the appropriate drive letter for your system drive or partition which may not be C: as viewed from the command prompt.

Finally, if you received a BSOD message when the boot initially failed, that would be helpful.

dalchina, Nov 5, 2016
  5. The computer goes thru the boot sequence and I receive this message: " Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are collecting some error information and will restart for you". When it restarts, this message appears: "Your PC did not start correctly". Press restart........or select Advanced options. At this point I ran SFC scannow from the command prompt to no avail. I eventually ran Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.Txt. It ran diagnostics on a series of tests. All were completed successfully until Bugcheck analysis. It says "Root Cause Found
    Unknown Bugcheck: Bugcheck ef Parameters 0xffffe00200096080, 0x0,0x0,0x0, Repair Action: System Files Integrity check and repair. Result: Failed Error Code 0x2

Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem

Alinwellington, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My PC will not boot up

1. My PC will not boot up - Similar Threads - boot

2. Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair: Hi,I seem to be having an issue during start-up.My pc does those things and after those it open the BitLocker page,i put the recovery key but it is not unlocking it.What can it be done to fix this issue ?...
  3. Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair: Hi,I seem to be having an issue during start-up.My pc does those things and after those it open the BitLocker page,i put the recovery key but it is not unlocking it.What can it be done to fix this issue ?...
  4. "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???: Tried to hop on my computer this morning only to be greeted with the "restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" message. Tried to look up how to fix this but nothing online matches the screen on my pc. Using a 2014 acer computer with windows 8.1. Boot...
  5. "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???

"Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???: Tried to hop on my computer this morning only to be greeted with the "restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" message. Tried to look up how to fix this but nothing online matches the screen on my pc. Using a 2014 acer computer with windows 8.1. Boot...
  6. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.: Hello Microsoft Community,since I moved my computer to the second floor of the house and updated it to windows 10 it keeps shutting off the WiFi network for the whole house as soon as I turn it on.I have to reboot the wifi router in my house to get my wifi back.Also the wifi...
  7. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.: Hello Microsoft Community,since I moved my computer to the second floor of the house and updated it to windows 10 it keeps shutting off the WiFi network for the whole house as soon as I turn it on.I have to reboot the wifi router in my house to get my wifi back.Also the wifi...
  8. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. **Bootable pen drive not visible in boot manager.** How to make it visible and boot the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    **Bootable pen drive not visible in boot manager.** How to make it visible and boot the...: I am trying to reset windows due to corruption of files of windows due to idk.I tried the following ways:I used media creation tool to make iso in pen drive.I tried rufus tool to do the same with both GPT and MBR type of systems.Tried contacting Microsoft, they also tried to...
  10. **Bootable pen drive not visible in boot manager.** How to make it visible and boot the...

**Bootable pen drive not visible in boot manager.** How to make it visible and boot the...: I am trying to reset windows due to corruption of files of windows due to idk.I tried the following ways:I used media creation tool to make iso in pen drive.I tried rufus tool to do the same with both GPT and MBR type of systems.Tried contacting Microsoft, they also tried to...