Windows 10: My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.

Discus and support My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My photo app has for Windows 10 has blanked out all of my photos. All of the folders and photos are still there, but it is just a blank grey. I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jbeeson, Jul 24, 2016.

1. jbeeson Win User

My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.

My photo app has for Windows 10 has blanked out all of my photos. All of the folders and photos are still there, but it is just a blank grey. I do not think I have done anything to change any settings. I have not downloaded anything. When I try to view a photo, the viewer comes up with a grey screen and the little dotes of death wandering across the top of the screen for all of eternity. It has been this way for several days. I feel that the photos are still there, because there is a all of the folders and photos are still represented. I must have done something, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it was.

:)

jbeeson, Jul 24, 2016

2. Vanished photos & Greyed out App

My 640 Microsoft Lumia phone used to show photos on my Live People tile on the front of my phone. However, these seem to have vanished and also no longer are in my contacts list - where previously I had photos, I now just have blank squares.

Also my Twitter app has crashed for about the 6th time - it has greyed out on my screen and will not start. I would rather not keep uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but is this the only way of dealing with this?

Mairghread, Jul 24, 2016
  3. photos not displayed

Hi guys since upgrading ive lost all my photos and when I take a photo the disappear all I have are grey blank squares where pictures should be

lloydmillership, Jul 24, 2016
  4. x509 Win User

Are these photos JPGs or a RAW file like CR2 or NEF? If the latter, then you might need to download a codec from Canon or Nikon. That's what I do for all my NEF files.

Which app are you using?

Thema:

1. My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey. - Similar Threads - photo app has

2. As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out: When opening photos in the link app from Win 10, I just get solid grey thumbnails. If I open the photo in PhoneLink it also shows a grey box and no photo. If I select the "open" link to open it into the Windows photo preview app, then I can see the photo. Sometimes thumbnails...
  3. As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out: When opening photos in the link app from Win 10, I just get solid grey thumbnails. If I open the photo in PhoneLink it also shows a grey box and no photo. If I select the "open" link to open it into the Windows photo preview app, then I can see the photo. Sometimes thumbnails...
  4. Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11: Hello,I used to use the Photos app on Windows 11 to trim videos and draw over them using the icon on the top left with a pencil over a picture.Recently, when I open a video using the Photos app, this option is greyed out. I can't find info online about this feature being...
  5. Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11

Edit option greyed out on Photos app for videos Windows11: Hello,I used to use the Photos app on Windows 11 to trim videos and draw over them using the icon on the top left with a pencil over a picture.Recently, when I open a video using the Photos app, this option is greyed out. I can't find info online about this feature being...
  6. Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?: Random images are just shown as a grey square with symbol in the middle and the word "png". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-photos-app-show-random-photos-as-grey/ca4dafab-0e1f-402c-90ef-e3642871bf85
  7. Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?

Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?: Random images are just shown as a grey square with symbol in the middle and the word "png". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-photos-app-show-random-photos-as-grey/ca4dafab-0e1f-402c-90ef-e3642871bf85
  8. Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos and videos in Microsoft Photos App greyed out?: The other night everything way fine and I checked this morning and there are many photos and videos greyed out on the Microsoft photos app. Nothing is in the recycling bin and right-clicking the thumbnails does not give me many options. They wont open either, it just...
  9. Photos App Remains Blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App Remains Blank: It is several moths that Photos app no longer is able to find a single photo. It also has my OneDrive greyed out as though cannot log me in or cannot understand I am logged in. So in Settings "Show my cloud only content from OneDrive" is greyed out. Then this app by itself...
  10. My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.

My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.: My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey. The icon on the toolbar is also blanked out in grey. The photos still exist (I think) because they are all still represented in the same spaces in the same folders. It is just that it is a plain grey space. When I double...