Windows 10: My Preferences do not stick.

Discus and support My Preferences do not stick. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I go to Settings and type "What's my version?" Search Results answer? No results for what's my version. So, why don't you make it easy to find my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OfficeAtlas, Aug 3, 2018.

1. My Preferences do not stick.

I go to Settings and type "What's my version?" Search Results answer? No results for what's my version. So, why don't you make it easy to find my version?

I go to Settings and type in winver and Search Results answer is "no results for winver"

My problem is I need to include a screen shot.

My problem is when I choose "Always use this app to open .pdf files" and hit Okay, it does not accept my answer and next time it asks me again. This mean 4-6 clicks to print out an attachment. This is labor intensive and carpal tunnel prone. Time is money and the more time I spend trying to open a document is time better spent on something else.

Microsoft's Problem is when I type winver into the run command line I cannot copy and paste the text to put it into some blog post. Who thought that up?

This machine is MS Win 10 version 1803 ( OS build 17134.165). Why do I have to type that in? Why isn't Copy and Paste utilized for such an important piece of data that gets used whenever someone asks, 'what version are you on'?

:)

OfficeAtlas, Aug 3, 2018

2. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 3, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue My Preferences do not stick. :p

cadaveca, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Moatsim Win User

My Preferences do not stick.

[WTB][US]   X79 Motherboard-- Preferably XL-ATX

• Preferably XL-ATX like MSI big-bang/ EVGA Classified
    • accessories and box preferable not necessary though. I/O Shield is a MUST
    • Should be 100% functional

Moatsim, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

My Preferences do not stick.

1. My Preferences do not stick. - Similar Threads - Preferences stick

2. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app: I'm having trouble with accessing printer's preferences via settings-app. Please see details:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333888/xerox-6204-cant-access-printers-preferences-via-settings-app...
  3. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app: I'm having trouble with accessing printer's preferences via settings-app. Please see details:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333888/xerox-6204-cant-access-printers-preferences-via-settings-app...
  4. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  6. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  7. App Volume and device preferences non-default output doesn't stick after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Volume and device preferences non-default output doesn't stick after restart: I have a browser tab setup to a different audio device but when I restart it still shows the change but does not use it and instead uses default....
  8. "Open with" preferences won't stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open with" preferences won't stick: Hello everybody, whenever I instruct Windows 10 to open a certain file type with a certain program, the setting lasts a few minutes to a few hours, and then it reverts back to whatever Windows sees fit (i.e. Edge for PDFs, Photos for images...). This has been going on for a...
  9. "Open with" preferences won't stick

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open with" preferences won't stick: Hello everybody, whenever I instruct Windows 10 to open a certain file type with a certain program, the setting lasts a few minutes to a few hours, and then it reverts back to whatever Windows sees fit (i.e. Edge for PDFs, Photos for images...). This has been going on for a...
  10. Printer preferences not sticking in HP Laserjet M402dn after 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer preferences not sticking in HP Laserjet M402dn after 1803: In my thus far unsuccessful attempt to get my Epson V300 scanner to work after 1803, I uninstalled my HP Laserjet M402dn printer and associated software. When I reinstalled it without reinstalling the scanner, I found that my preferences weren't sticking. It reverts to...