Windows 10: my printer reverts to manual feed

Discus and support my printer reverts to manual feed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Brother printer (HL-L2360DW) connected via USB to the PC with Windows 10. This printer always reverts to manual feed. I tried to reset the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lesley Kim, Aug 16, 2018.

1. my printer reverts to manual feed

I have a Brother printer (HL-L2360DW) connected via USB to the PC with Windows 10. This printer always reverts to manual feed. I tried to reset the Printer Preferences to Tray 1 but it didn’t help.

I also tried a lot to fix the issue, including changing the USB cord, removing and setting software again, using Windows Troubleshooter, updating the firmware for the printer etc.

:)

Lesley Kim, Aug 16, 2018

2. Printer Preferences change to Manual Feed

Okidata printers C530 and/or C5400. Two different locations, two different computers, both running Windows 10x64 Professional.

If I go to the Devices & Printers control panel dialog, and select printer preferences, I can select the default tray to be Tray1, or automatic, and it will stay there UNTIL I run a program which needs to print from the Manual Feeder.

After I select the manual feeder in that program (from the printer setup dialog), the default for every single subsequent print job, from any program, will remain set to the manual feeder.

If the next program I print from needs to print from Tray 1, I need to change it manually in the printer setup dialog for that program. But the default remains the manual feeder. It doesn't change back to Tray 1.

The only way I have been able to reset the default to Tray 1 is by navigating back to the Printers and Devices control panel page, and changing the preferences there. Then the default will stay at Tray 1 until the next time I have to print from the manual
    feeder. But that is time consuming and a pain.

This change in default tray preference, from tray 1 to manual, does NOT happen if I print an envelope from MS Word, but that is the only exception.

Is there any way to either

• Always have the default tray be Tray 1?
    • Always have the default Tray be the last tray used (so that if I change the tray in a programs printer setup dialog to Tray 1, that will remain as the default?
    • Failing the above, is there some script I could run from a desktop shortcut that would set the default tray back to Tray 1 after it gets messed up?

Thanks for any help.

RonRosenfeld, Aug 16, 2018
  3. N97 Homescreen feeds missing

Pilsner -

Naw you dont need pipes or anything...

1. Add your feed in the web browser Go to Web feeds > Add new feed.

2. once the feed is added you should see it in the list 'widgets' for the home screen. SO if in step one you called your feed R2D2, then in step two you should see R2D2 in the home screen widget list (it won't be labeled 'feed' or anything obvious, just
    the name you gave it).

Hope that helps.

rasmus---01, Aug 16, 2018
  4. my printer reverts to manual feed

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

my printer reverts to manual feed

1. my printer reverts to manual feed - Similar Threads - printer reverts manual

2. Windows Update tries to revert my manual driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update tries to revert my manual driver update: Hi,I'm running Windows 11 Home on my Acer Swift 3x and I downloaded my graphics driver using the Intel Driver and Support Assistant.However, Windows Update constantly reverting back my driver to the Acer one which last updated on 2021 and my graphics driver that I manually...
  3. Windows Update tries to revert my manual driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update tries to revert my manual driver update: Hi,I'm running Windows 11 Home on my Acer Swift 3x and I downloaded my graphics driver using the Intel Driver and Support Assistant.However, Windows Update constantly reverting back my driver to the Acer one which last updated on 2021 and my graphics driver that I manually...
  4. my printer will not scan from the top feed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer will not scan from the top feed: I am trying to scan a multi page document to me computer, but it is only scanning from the flat feed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-will-not-scan-from-the-top-feed/67fbef49-900f-4c0f-b9ba-d49f2ebb5f3b
  5. my printer will not scan from the top feed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my printer will not scan from the top feed: I am trying to scan a multi page document to me computer, but it is only scanning from the flat feed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-will-not-scan-from-the-top-feed/67fbef49-900f-4c0f-b9ba-d49f2ebb5f3b
  6. my printer will not scan from the top feed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Problems manual installing a printer

Problems manual installing a printer: I want to install a P1102w printer without all the HP crapware. I go to - Device & printers - Add new printer Windows doesn't detect it, I go manual install and select the drivers folder, it install properly apparently, but then when I want to print something it says...
  8. Paper will not feed through my printer

Paper will not feed through my printer: Hi, paper will not feed through my printer, first time I have had this problem with this printer. Any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer/ec880748-f844-4234-92ac-aa371646b40a
  9. My feeds

in Windows 10 Customization
    My feeds: my feeds in windows 10 on right column keep disapearing, ie weather, stock followings,sports? any help to restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-feeds/9d80efa4-bd56-4f44-9145-d8cc696ac23b
  10. My Feed

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Feed: My feed has too many different categories. Things I have no interest in like cars, money. I would prefer more news feed especially American politics. How can I change my feed. Many Thanks Tommy...