Windows 10: My problem is Bios, F12 and boot disc

Discus and support My problem is Bios, F12 and boot disc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello my Tohru am new to window 10, I am having a problem get my back up. I have Norton Ghost that is my boot Disc. I can't get it to work. Here are my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tohru1529, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Tohru1529 Win User

My problem is Bios, F12 and boot disc

Hello my Tohru am new to window 10, I am having a problem get my back up. I have Norton Ghost that is my boot Disc. I can't get it to work. Here are my issue Bios: Security Tab no up or down arrow to move in that bios. F12 no boot menu to boot to cd/dvd. Bootable disk is OEM Norton Ghost 15.0. Can you help me.

:)

Tohru1529, Nov 9, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Change BIOS start-uo.

Hi jenoseel,

Did you get that menu by pressing F12 on your Dell?

To boot form USB:

On a Dell, press F2 to enter BIOS or UEFI depending on the age of your system

If you have UEFI BIOS:

Insert the Bootable Installation Media, then go into your BIOS and make the following changes:

1. Disable Secure Boot

2. Enable Legacy Boot

3. If Available enable CSM

4. If Required enable USB Boot

5. Move the device with the bootable disc to the top of the boot order

6. Save BIOS changes, restart your System and it should boot from thebootable media

If you have Legacy BIOS

On the Boot Tab, move the device with the bootable disc to the top of the boot order

Save BIOS changes, restart your System and it should boot from the bootable media

DaveM121, Nov 9, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How Do I Boot From A System Repair Disk, Then Install From A System Image Backup ?

Since you have a Dell, the quickest way to boot from the Recovery Disc is to click F12, which will bring up the Temporary Boot Menu, then choose the drive with the Recovery Media in it.

NOTE on some Dells, the F8 key brings up this Temporary Boot Menu

This way you do not have to bother changing the boot order in your BIOS and then change it back when you are finished

DaveM121, Nov 9, 2017
  4. My problem is Bios, F12 and boot disc

Caledon Ken, Nov 10, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    zbook, Nov 10, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    There seems to be a debate if Norton works on Windows 10 lot of users on their forums saying it doesnt work. Why are you booting a dvd not running it in windows?

Samuria, Nov 10, 2017
  7. Tohru1529 Win User
    thank for the manual, my laptop did not come with one.

Tohru1529, Nov 10, 2017
  8. Tohru1529 Win User

Tohru1529, Nov 10, 2017
  9. Tohru1529 Win User
    Here is the photo in my boot menu. Its not showing norton ghost at all. The cd is in there. Please tell me what to do.

Tohru1529, Nov 10, 2017
  10. It is showing devices, device 1 is your cd.

Caledon Ken, Nov 10, 2017
  11. spunk Win User
    In the Boot tab, use your arrow key on the keyboard and highlight Secure Boot and press enter. If it is enabled, using your Enter and Arrow keys Disable it or change it to Setup Mode.
    If you have the bootable CD in the CD drive, under the boot tab, choose ATAPI CD rom, Move this to First Boot Device, Press F10 to Save and Exit. If using a USB Bootable Flash drive, select USB Hard Drive, Save and Exit. Or you can press F12 and it will show the Bootable devices now.

spunk, Nov 10, 2017
  12. Tohru1529 Win User
    thank you

Tohru1529, Nov 10, 2017
  13. Tohru1529 Win User

Thank you so much for helping me out. Your forum is very helpful. I am still learning window 10. *Smile

Tohru1529, Nov 10, 2017
  14. spunk Win User
    This isn't a Feature of Windows 10 but your Bios on your computer.

If I helped you out, please click the Thumbs Up icon in the lower left under My Computer.

spunk, Nov 10, 2017
  15. Tohru1529 Win User
    Spunk hi, I have another problem you told me to go to Secure boot. I did but the arrow will not move for me to change it. Please help me how to get the arrow to work. It works on the other ones, but not Secure boot. I have a photo to show you.

Tohru1529, Nov 12, 2017
Thema:

1. My problem is Bios, F12 and boot disc - Similar Threads - problem Bios F12

2. Random 'y' entry in F12 boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random 'y' entry in F12 boot menu: Not long ago, I tried installed FydeOS alongside windows in a dual boot manner. FydeOS had me install Refind to allow me to dual boot, but not before long I decided to remove FydeOS and went back to Windows. Fast forward, I ended up doing a fresh install of Windows 10, but...
  3. Problem with "Secure Boot" in my HP PC's BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with "Secure Boot" in my HP PC's BIOS: Hi Everyone As we all know that Win 11 needs an enabled Secure Boot to upgrade on PCs as per Microsoft's new recruitments. So, I checked my PC's BIOS and got that there was no "Secure Boot Configuration" option available.Then I check my PC's system summary and got Secure Boot...
  4. How to disable F12 secure boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable F12 secure boot: Hello, I tried to press F12 when I boot my computer, and it run out secure boot like this [IMG] how can I go back to Normal boot mode My spec [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-f12-secure-boot/881d53cc-01f0-46de-968e-c903c09eae92
  5. Cannot Boot To BIOS Setup (F2) or One-Time Boot Sequence Options (F12)

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Boot To BIOS Setup (F2) or One-Time Boot Sequence Options (F12): [img] I have tried all these and still can't get into BIOS setup or One-Time Boot Sequence. 1. First off, F2 or F12 does not work. 2. F2 right after the keyboard light comes on. 3. Continuous tapping of the F2 key, will cause the desktop not boot at all. 4. Continuous...
  6. BIOS/Boot manager problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS/Boot manager problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zoenvisje [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj6mb8/biosboot_manager_problem/
  7. BIOS boot problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIOS boot problem: Error sending End of Post message to ME: HECI disabled, proceeding with boot ? How do I fix this in my BIOS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-boot-problem/f4381914-b85a-4bda-b65a-89261322b6a2
  8. Bios Boot menu problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Bios Boot menu problem.: my msconfig shows only windows option as below [img] But bcdedit /enum firmware shows ubuntu as below [img] Even after doing bcdedit /delete {identifier}, after reboot, bcdedit /enum firmware shows ubuntu. Bios also shows ubuntu option. I do not have ubuntu now in any...
  9. boot disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    boot disc: I had a 3 day power outage and my HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-a17c died. I do not know the product key but when I originally purchased it from staples, it came with a free Windows 10 upgrade. I think my bios died during the time with no electricity. I need an entire copy of...
  10. Can't change computer bios to boot from disc

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change computer bios to boot from disc: I want to format and partition my hard drive and install a fresh copy of Windows 10 Problem: I can't change computer to boot from Drive instead of hard drive. When I restart and tap on excape or F9 F10 or F12 it just keeps coming up as a regular start booting from my...