Windows 10: my product key is unreadable, how kan i make a windows fresh install_

Discus and support my product key is unreadable, how kan i make a windows fresh install_ in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; this device came originaly with windows 8 i upgraded as soon as i could to 10. now the sticker under this device is a unreadable. i dont either have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Fjonkaren, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Fjonkaren Win User

my product key is unreadable, how kan i make a windows fresh install_

this device came originaly with windows 8 i upgraded as soon as i could to 10. now the sticker under this device is a unreadable. i dont either have a disc.

my plan was to download iso image make a bootable usb, and make a fresh installation. butt ill guess ill need the prouct key somewhere in this process.

where can i obtain my product key?

:)

Fjonkaren, Nov 12, 2016
  2. mctimmy Win User

Windows 10 Pro Blue Screen

I installed Windows 10 Pro using the "Media Creation Tool" on an existing Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center. After several days of trouble free Windows 10 Pro operation I started getting a "Blue Screen" with the following error message "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT
    HANDLED (cng.sys)".

Is there anything I can do other than a repair or fresh install to correct it?

My experience is to fresh install Windows 10 Pro to get rid of "Blue Screen" errors.

Can I make a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro without having to go back through the thread of installs I made to get to this point (i.e. Windows 8.1 to Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center to Windows 10 Pro)?

The Original Equipment Manufacturer makes it difficult to obtain the original Windows 8.1 Product Key that came with the computer but I have the Windows 10 Pro with Media Center upgrade Product Key, I am worried that the upgrade Product Key will not be enough
    to make a fresh install.

Please recommend the best path forward. Thanks.

mctimmy, Nov 12, 2016
  3. windows 10 unreadable product key

The Product key with windows 10 is unreadable.

What can I do?

please help!

thanks

RussellGillie, Nov 12, 2016
  4. Fjonkaren Win User

my product key is unreadable, how kan i make a windows fresh install_ [​IMG]

Fjonkaren, Nov 12, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Go ahead and do clean install with same type of W10 you have now. As long as W10 was activated on that computer, you don't need to enter product key, just skip when asked.

CountMike, Nov 12, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You don't need a key any more, if you already had Windows 10 activated on you PC.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415

Cliff S, Nov 12, 2016
  7. Superfly Win User
    What a crazy place for that sticker - it's whole purpose to provide holographic authentication - getting scratched just nullifies that.

... but yes Win 8 keys are not printed on a sticker but are read from the firmware on install. A blue sticker gives you Win 10 Pro.
    Magenta gives either Home or Single Language.

Superfly, Nov 12, 2016
  8. Fjonkaren Win User

i did this. thank you all for the help.

Fjonkaren, Nov 13, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. my product key is unreadable, how kan i make a windows fresh install_ - Similar Threads - product key unreadable

2. how will i get my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how will i get my product key: help me to upgrade my window 11 license and getting my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-will-i-get-my-product-key/0d7cb81f-c2ac-4b1a-9b8a-ed8a24d767e0
  3. how will i get my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how will i get my product key: help me to upgrade my window 11 license and getting my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-will-i-get-my-product-key/0d7cb81f-c2ac-4b1a-9b8a-ed8a24d767e0
  4. how will i get my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can I get my product key of windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my product key of windows?: I have upgraded my hardware recently. I don't remember the product key and want to activate my windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-product-key-of-windows/f205985c-72e4-4120-93ba-3d57e7d46323
  6. Windows 10 Fresh Install - no product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fresh Install - no product key: I had a copy of Windows 10 and after recent update to 1903 my PC stopper working - BSOD was happening a lot to the point I could not use the PC. Now Windows has failed and I need to reinstall Windows 10. Previously I had Windows 7 and then did the free upgrade to Windows 10...
  7. Unreadable Windows Product Key

Unreadable Windows Product Key: I have had my computer for almost 2 years, it has a Windows Product key which you need to enter to activate Windows. There's thie really annoying message in my screen telling me to Activate Windows that I can't get rid of without entering the product key. Here's the issue....
  8. Windows 10 product key kan niet worden geactiveerd

Windows 10 product key kan niet worden geactiveerd: Hallo, Ik heb zojuist windows 10 gekocht op de microsoft store, maar als ik mijn windows wil activeren op mijn computer dan zegt die dat deze code ongeldig is. Als ik dit probeer dan krijg ik constant de error 0xc004f050. Deze error heb ik al opgezocht in google, maar ook...
  9. upstate my product key and make changes to my password

upstate my product key and make changes to my password: I need assistance to update product key and make changes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upstate-my-product-key-and-make-changes-to-my/397f0bdb-e826-455b-8b7d-5813070ffd73
  10. Screen unreadable during fresh install

Screen unreadable during fresh install: I was installing Windows 10 on a machine (desktop) using a bootable pendrive. After it loads and restarts, it changes the screen resolution and becomes unreadable, is not blue screen or frozen, I can move the pointer and see there is text, texboxes, etc. but I can't carry on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows partition unreadable - how do i get new install activated