Windows 10: My run dialog box doesn't work

Discus and support My run dialog box doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just did a clean install on 10 and was researching another problem that required the run box but mine doesn't seem to work. I get a response that 'it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bbenrath, Dec 20, 2015.

1. bbenrath Win User

My run dialog box doesn't work

Just did a clean install on 10 and was researching another problem that required the run box but mine doesn't seem to work.
    I get a response that 'it didn't open in a timely manner'.
    Any suggestions, thanks

:)

bbenrath, Dec 20, 2015

2. Shortcuts & env variable "PATH" corrupted, some applications broken after upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creator Update

My run dialog box doesn't work :) That is the first thing that I did. But it solved only the issue of firing commands on cmd dialog box. "Notepad++" still doesn't run when typed so at Win+R i.e. Run dialog box i.e. point 3 that I mention. Also the shortcuts are still working crazy (point
    4 above. the list of applications there is crazily long).

My machine is really in horrible state and I can't imagine how much of work I will have to do to if I were to format and reinstall...

Mandar Sahasrabuddhe, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Left click does not open dialog box on Desktop or at Start

When I Ieft click on Start, the Desktop or the Taskbar using my Asus touchpad I cannot open the accompanying dialog box. At least not all the way. It appears as a sliver with only the arrows that would open another dialog box showing.

Left click works everywhere else on my PC, including menu items in an opened Start menu. It is an aggravating situation that can only be fixed with a reboot. Alas it doesn't last long and I'm right back to slivers of dialog boxes.

Paul Zanoni2013, Dec 20, 2015
  4. lmaneke Win User

I had this problem with Windows 10 version 1511, which is the November update. I didn't have this issue with the original release of Windows 10, which is version 10240.

You should Google and download the ISO for that version of Windows, and make sure you download the correct edition. Home and PRO are combined on the new ISO. The old version, the editions are separate.

lmaneke, Dec 21, 2015
  5. lmaneke Win User
    Not sure when Microsoft will release fixes for these issues. Lots of bugs in the new version.

lmaneke, Dec 21, 2015
  6. bbenrath Win User
    Not sure what you mean about the ISO. Does it have something to do with the media creation tool?

bbenrath, Dec 21, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    2 suggestions :

1. Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

2. If the above cannot fix the Run issue, do an in-place upgrade install, otherwise also known as repair install.
    Use the link below :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Click the Download Tool Now button > then run the Tool .................
    Select Create installation media for another PC option > that will begin downloading the ISO to your computer.
    After iso is downloaded, RIGHT click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin installation.
    You have the choice to keep your settings, files and apps, or keep nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My run dialog box doesn't work - Similar Threads - run dialog box

2. New paint resize dialog box doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New paint resize dialog box doesn't work.: New paint resize dialog box doesn't work . It does take any input in the resize dialog box . Please provide satisfactory solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-paint-resize-dialog-box-doesnt-work/7adf59fd-a95a-4be5-8cee-8bacd45839e9
  3. New paint resize dialog box doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New paint resize dialog box doesn't work.: New paint resize dialog box doesn't work . It does take any input in the resize dialog box . Please provide satisfactory solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-paint-resize-dialog-box-doesnt-work/7adf59fd-a95a-4be5-8cee-8bacd45839e9
  4. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  5. Run dialog box typed history

in Windows 10 Support
    Run dialog box typed history: Good evening, just a simple question, I use to have the history of my previous typed "cmd" in the run dialog box Can you tell me how to have back this helpful behaviour? thank you 160164
  6. This pc dialog box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This pc dialog box: My pc dialog box keeps comming up for no reason at all. Any suggestions on how to fix problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-dialog-box/80473ef0-aea3-483e-bf22-d57158641d47
  7. Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...: New 4 Months Lennovo legion laptop with Win10 64 bit pre-installed. As indicated, the file/open file/save dialog boxes do not work for any 32 bit applications. This includes Office applications/Acrobat/Garmin/etc. Dialog boxes do work for 64 bit applications. 1 I have...
  8. Search/Cortana Dialog Box not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search/Cortana Dialog Box not working: Found that my search dialog box was answering all search requests as 'No results found', after any, and all search requests typed in search box, lower left of display. After much troubleshooting for a nonfunctioning search/Cortana nonfunctioning... ie Restart Computer,...
  9. Run dialog box doesn't remember history

in Windows 10 Support
    Run dialog box doesn't remember history: [img] All of a sudden my Run dialog box is empty. The icons on the left of the image are just part of my desktop. Also, if I put in something like "control printers" or gpedit.msc, they open, but the Run dialog box is empty the next time. I haven't made any updates recently,...
  10. Run Dialog Box dysfunctional (Invisible text and doesn't always work)

in Windows 10 Support
    Run Dialog Box dysfunctional (Invisible text and doesn't always work): First things first, hey everyone! I'm a complete noobie to forums altogether, and usually i just spend time on them reading other ppls problems/solutions but i've never actually made a post myself (cause i guess i never really needed to ?), since most of them have already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run as an administrator dialog box doenst appear

2. run dialog box doesnt work