Windows 10: My screen brightness is not working after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support My screen brightness is not working after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have an Asus intel core 720QM with 4gb DDR3 ram and Radeon HD 5730m graphics card. The device originally came with windows 7 but I had upgraded it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MohammedNasruddin, Jul 5, 2018.

1. My screen brightness is not working after windows 10 upgrade

Hi I have an Asus intel core 720QM with 4gb DDR3 ram and Radeon HD 5730m graphics card. The device originally came with windows 7 but I had upgraded it to windows 10 recently. After the upgrade I had update the drivers and everything just worked fine but my screen brightness. When I try to decrease the brightness I get a black screen like a windows cant control the brightness so it should be always on full brightness which is very exhausting for me since I use the laptop on daily bases. I tried updating the drivers from AMD but even those wont work, the only driver that will work is 13.9 which didn't even install on windows 10. Do you have any idea how to fix that ?

:)

MohammedNasruddin, Jul 5, 2018
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Jul 5, 2018
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 5, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

My screen brightness is not working after windows 10 upgrade

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

My screen brightness is not working after windows 10 upgrade

1. My screen brightness is not working after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - screen brightness working

2. My screen brightness is not working....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen brightness is not working....: since last 5 to 6 days my screen brightness option in settings is not there. Also I the buttons on my laptop is not working but all others are. 30 mins ago I have also updated my deleted my driver and also updated it but no change. Also gone through the windows recovery...
  3. screen brightness not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen brightness not working: Hi all, I have this problem since four months ago(or more), I have tried all of the suggestions on the web and all YouTube videos but non worked. I'm posting this question just as a last try. I'm not sure what cause this problem,BUT maybe I had this problem after updating the...
  4. Brightness control not working by upgrading to windows 10 from 8

Brightness control not working by upgrading to windows 10 from 8: Hi Microsoft, I am facing a problem that my system whose os os build is 16299.125 has stopped controlling brightness. The brightness level is full and it gives strain in the eyes so please give me some solution for it (i have just upgraded it to windows 10 from windows...
  5. I cannot adjust my screen brightness after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot adjust my screen brightness after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update...: The brightness controls no longer work in the Taskbar Notification area or the Settings app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/i-cannot-adjust-my-screen-brightness-after/5f69c511-844b-4256-a37c-85ff9a75b962
  6. Brightness buttons are not working after updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness buttons are not working after updating Windows 10: I have already referred to one of the solutions provided by Microsoft ( updating drivers and the other step) but still I face the same problem....
  7. Screen brightness - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen brightness - Windows 10: Hello The screen on my Lenovo laptop is dark on startup, and the keyboard brightness controls don't lighten it. I have to go to Control Panel to lighten it every time. Is there a way to keep it bright by default, please? I've tried the 'Update driver software' suggestion...
  8. Unable to adjust screen brightness after 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Unable to adjust screen brightness after 1803 upgrade: I have an old Lenovo T510 laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Yes, I know, it doesn't officially support Windows 10. But I've been running Window 10 Pro on it happily and reliably for quite some time.... Until just now when I upgraded to version 1803. Right after the upgrade I...
  9. Unable to adjust screen brightness after Windows 10 Pro 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to adjust screen brightness after Windows 10 Pro 1803 upgrade: I have an old Lenovo T510 laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Yes, I know, it doesn't officially support Windows 10. But I've been running Window 10 Pro on it happily and reliably for quite some time.... Until just now when I upgraded to version 1803. Right after the upgrade I...
  10. Laptop Brightness Keys not working after upgrade to Windows 10

Laptop Brightness Keys not working after upgrade to Windows 10: [img] If your laptop's Brightness Adjust keys are not working after upgrading to Windows 10. Then uninstall the old Intel HD Graphics Driver (if there is any present in the Control Panel > Add & Remove Programs) from your laptop and Re-install the "Latest Supported" Intel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i upgraded to windows 10 but my brightness is not working

2. after upgrading my window brightness is no more working

3. how to decrease brightness in windows 10 1511 on desktop by wikihow