Windows 10: My screen's showing black horizontal lines

Discus and support My screen's showing black horizontal lines in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've recently started seeing black horizontal lines show up on my screen, these lines appear out of nowhere, no matter what I'm doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tahaazizbenali, Jul 12, 2018.

1. My screen's showing black horizontal lines

Hello everyone, I've recently started seeing black horizontal lines show up on my screen, these lines appear out of nowhere, no matter what I'm doing (Edge, Chrome, the system itself) [My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 5570, all hardware drivers and firmware are updated]

They are very noticeable, which is the reason why this is a huge issue for me (they occupy a good portion of the screen, and are outlined in small red lines and whatever text around them is hard to see), as I make sure my device is safe and secured at all times, by downloading from the software developer's site and not a sketchy source and never dropping the laptop once, and seeing as it's a newly bought PC, I don't really have an idea as to why this is happening.

I couldn't find anything online, so I resorted to generic methods such as, deleting apps to check whether they are the problem or not and updating the system, I've even went as far as resetting the PC and deleting all files in it, this didn't fix the problem but made it a lot less frequent (I'd also like to point out that this problem started happening about a week ago or maybe a little less)

All help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

:)

tahaazizbenali, Jul 12, 2018
  2. DarylAsem Win User

Black line (horizontal) on the screen

Thanks for replying, actually the problem is a black single horizontal line, not a black screen.

DarylAsem, Jul 12, 2018
  3. DarylAsem Win User
    Black line (horizontal) on the screen

i used to have windows 7 on my laptop, now I have upgraded it to windows 10. Few days back,i installed steam and a one dimensional horizontal black line about the length of a finger has appeared on the screen, almost an inch below the top left corner of
    the screen. uinstalled steam, line hasn't disappeared. what should I do.

DarylAsem, Jul 12, 2018
  4. anne305 Win User

My screen's showing black horizontal lines

Nokia 5800 express music horizontal black line on screen

Hi

I have had a Nokia 5800 express music for two years and until now have had no problems. It has just developed a horizontal black line down one side of the screen which is there all the time it is switched on. There is no crack in the screen and it hasn't
    been dropped or damaged in any way. Can anyone suggest what the cause might be?

Thanks.

Anne

anne305, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

My screen's showing black horizontal lines

1. My screen's showing black horizontal lines - Similar Threads - screen's showing black

2. Black horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black horizontal lines: "Dear Microsoft Support,I recently purchased a Windows Gateway laptop, and I've noticed that there are black horizontal lines appearing on the screen that won't go away. I've tried restarting the laptop and adjusting the display settings, but the issue persists. Could you...
  3. Black horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black horizontal lines: "Dear Microsoft Support,I recently purchased a Windows Gateway laptop, and I've noticed that there are black horizontal lines appearing on the screen that won't go away. I've tried restarting the laptop and adjusting the display settings, but the issue persists. Could you...
  4. Horizontal lines in my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal lines in my screen: At the top of my desktop screen there are three lines that is showing after booting. This lines shows after boot process. I have desktop which runs Windows 10 and I dont know why I get this. I check the settings and tried some adjustment like changing resolution and scale but...
  5. Horizontal lines in my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horizontal lines in my screen: At the top of my desktop screen there are three lines that is showing after booting. This lines shows after boot process. I have desktop which runs Windows 10 and I dont know why I get this. I check the settings and tried some adjustment like changing resolution and scale but...
  6. Horizontal lines in my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Horizontal lines on my screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Horizontal lines on my screen: This might actually be really easy to fix but I can't put thought into it right now. So there's these horizontal lines all across my screen, they are pretty opaque , and most importantly they are not static, meaning when I scroll down or scroll up they move along with the...
  8. my monitor shows a horizontal line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my monitor shows a horizontal line: my monitor shows a horizontal line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-shows-a-horizontal-line/b7edd854-2a22-4273-a603-de695cb17e2c
  9. Camera screen shows flickering horizontal lines

Camera screen shows flickering horizontal lines: My camera screen flicking lines as seen in the pictures and here's what I know:-it happens in all applications. Camera, Discord etc..-when I lower the quality of the pictures from the settings less lines show.-sometimes the camera works just fine with no issues other times...
  10. Horizontal line on screen

Horizontal line on screen: Recently when watching a video, the bottom half of the screen froze and the upper half continued as it normally would. After , some time instead of the bottom half freezing, it appeared darker and a little glitchy when compared to the upper half of the screen. That too went...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor is showing black horizontal