Windows 10: My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds

Discus and support My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently upgraded to win11 from 10.I have 3 monitors.I've tried setting my power settings to both balanced and best.When I set the "turn your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BLambo, Dec 10, 2023.

1. BLambo Win User

My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds

I've recently upgraded to win11 from 10.I have 3 monitors.I've tried setting my power settings to both balanced and best.When I set the "turn your monitor OFF after..." to 1 minute or 5, they all turn off on schedule.THEN about 1.5 to 2 seconds later, they all come back on. At the same interval later 1 or 5 minutes they shut off again, for 1-2 seconds, then back on. Repeat ad nauseum.How do I get them to turn off and STAY off?Other than shutting my system down, the only way I can simulate a power off is to open the Screen Saver Settings and change it to "blank".That menu style is very old. L

:)

BLambo, Dec 10, 2023

2. Stuck at OneDrive screen during Surface Pro 6 initial setup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Try the below suggested steps.

Method 1

1. Unplug all the external devices except Mouse and Keyboard.
    2. Try to reboot the device and check the status of the issue.
    Method 2

I would suggest you to perform Power drain by following the suggested steps.

1. Press and hold the Power Button down for 30-40 seconds.
    2. Hold the Volume Rocker up and Power ON for almost 20 second.
    3. Release the power button and wait for next 10-15 seconds.
    4. Press the power button to turn on your Surface and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 10, 2023
  3. Computer goes into "digital power saving mode" after 2 1/2 minutes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left pane.
    • Select Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance in this regard.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 10, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 10, 2023
Thema:

1. My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds - Similar Threads - screens power off

2. My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screens will only power off for 1-2 seconds: I've recently upgraded to win11 from 10.I have 3 monitors.I've tried setting my power settings to both balanced and best.When I set the "turn your monitor OFF after..." to 1 minute or 5, they all turn off on schedule.THEN about 1.5 to 2 seconds later, they all come back on....
  3. Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds: Hello,I hope someone will be able to help me with this.So yesterday I bought a new prebuild desktop and I installed Windows 11 on it, and every once in a while one of the fans just decides to go full power, lasting 1-2 seconds. Me playing something, me browsing the web, me...
  4. Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop fan randomly goes full power for 1-2 seconds: Hello,I hope someone will be able to help me with this.So yesterday I bought a new prebuild desktop and I installed Windows 11 on it, and every once in a while one of the fans just decides to go full power, lasting 1-2 seconds. Me playing something, me browsing the web, me...
  5. Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor -- duplicate screen 1 and 2: I have a new HP Pavilion laptop. In the display settings, I cannot select monitor 1 or 2 -- it only says "1/2." My second monitor shows a duplicate of the laptop screen, but I need to be able to teach with Zoom and see slides on one screen and participants on another.Thank...
  6. Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Row of 1 or 2 pixels on second screen: Hi, Whenever I have a program eg. discord set to maximize on my second monitor, it will still show a small portion, about 1 or 2 pixels on my main screen. I was wondering what the cause of this issue is, and if any of you know how to fix it? See photo [IMG] I hope that...
  7. Online videos will only play for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Online videos will only play for 1-2 seconds: For the past 4 or 5 days, I haven't been able to watch or download any online videos. At the most, they play for a second or two, then just buffer forever. Strangely though, youtube still works fine. When I try to download the video, it either says some huge number like 12...
  8. One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One of my 2 monitors randomly goes off for 1-2 seconds: I am using a desktop PC and 2 monitors. One of my monitors - the main one- will go black for 1-2 seconds then come back on. This problem may disappear for up to 2 weeks and then one day come back every few minutes. The cable isn't loose. What else could it be? The monitor is...
  9. PES 2015 turns off only showing a White Screen for 2 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PES 2015 turns off only showing a White Screen for 2 seconds: please I need solution to this problem asap..... will be glad for any assistance or suggestions to rectify it. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pes-2015-turns-off-only-showing-a-white-screen-for/ce44feb8-c579-4131-9788-f9938409ce3e
  10. CMD off after 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD off after 1 second: Hi all, Wanted to run SFC so typed CMD in the run line, right clicked CMD, run as administrator and the CMD screen flashes on for a split second and then off. Got it through windows power shell OK, ran SFC and no errors. Ran Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Rkill,...