Windows 10: My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

Discus and support My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; *** Email address is removed for privacy ***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SADHNA DEVI, Feb 28, 2024.

1. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

SADHNA DEVI, Feb 28, 2024

2. Laptop locked by administrator

Hi

My windows 11 Dell laptop is saying its locked by an administrator however my microsoft account is fine. Control alt delete doesn't do anything, how can I sign in? If I enter the pin it just says locked by an administrator

LoredanaR84, Feb 28, 2024
  3. btarunr Win User
    PNY Announces New Line of ThinkSafe Portable Laptop Locking Systems

PNY Technologies, Inc. ("PNY") today announced the launch of a new line of ThinkSafe Portable Laptop Locking Systems -- specifically engineered with patented technology to work with Laptops, Ultrabooks, and MacBooks. Designed for personal and business use to keep your device secured while in public locations, from dorm rooms and offices to tradeshows and display rooms, PNY offers a convenient and discrete locking solution for your laptop devices.

The PNY ThinkSafe family of products includes the Laptop Locking System, the MacBook Locking System, and the Security Clamp. The Laptop Locking System -- designed to be universal -- was engineered to work with Laptops, Ultrabooks, and MacBooks. The MacBook Locking System -- designed to work with Apple products -- was engineered to work with the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and iMac. The ThinkSafe Portable Security Clamp provides a secure anchor point for your Laptop, Ultrabook, or MacBook, complements both of the PNY Locking Systems and also works with most cable locking systems in the market today.

My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator 133a_thm.jpg

My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator 133b_thm.jpg

My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator 133c_thm.jpg

My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator 133d_thm.jpg

Patented Hinge-Link technology, utilizing a hinge-locking design, is the fundamental security feature that makes PNY ThinkSafe Locking Systems one-of-a-kind. With four distinct custom-shaped Hinge-Links, constructed of hardened stainless steel and based on a device's varying hinge configuration, PNY offers a simple solution that is extremely secure and versatile. Each one uniquely fits through the hinge of your laptop in seconds to easily secure your device -- in any environment to conveniently safeguard virtually any laptop. As the hinge of a laptop is an incredibly strong point and is easily accessible, consumers can have peace-of-mind that their device is secured properly. The included step-by-step quick-start guide will help users simply identify which Hinge-Link works best with their system. Additionally, the patented PNY ThinkSafe Locking System is the only hinge-locking solution available today to safely and securely lock the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with Retina display.

The patent-pending Slot-Link by PNY is a cast steel constructed mechanism that connects to a laptop's security slot in seconds. Slot-Link offers consumers a convenient way to lock any laptop device utilizing the existing slot integrated into the body of many devices today.

Each of the PNY Locking Systems comes with a 6 foot carbon steel cable with built-in combination lock and factory installed 4-digit pin for the ultimate security. The combination lock fits snugly into all of the PNY Hinge-Links and the Slot-Link. A convenient travel pouch is also included, for the utmost in portability.

"PNY is excited to bring a revolutionary new approach to physical laptop security, providing class leading theft deterrence and moving away from the limitations of the 3mm x 7mm security slot. Laptops continue to become thinner and more elegant, with Apple leading the charge, resulting in a number of manufacturers eliminating the security slot and as a result there exists a need for a new improved method to attach a cable lock to a laptop," said Nicholas Mauro, senior marketing manager, for PNY. "PNY has focused on providing a solution that is compatible with more makes and models of laptop computers than other manufacturers and developed an easy-to-use solution to help combat laptop theft. We are very excited to offer a simple, secure & unique solution for the MacBook Air, which does not have a security slot."
    • PNY ThinkSafe Portable Laptop Locking System
      Engineered to secure your Laptop, Ultrabook, or MacBook
      MSRP: $39.99
    • PNY ThinkSafe Portable MacBook Locking System
      Engineered to secure your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or iMac
      MSRP: $39.99
    • PNY ThinkSafe Portable Security Clamp
      Engineered to provide a secure anchor point for your Laptop, Ultrabook, or MacBook
      MSRP: $29.99

btarunr, Feb 28, 2024
  4. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

This device has been locked for security reasons.

Just making sure you have done the following:

Unlock your Windows 10 phone remotely

• Try unlocking your Windows 10 device remotely if you get this message: "This device has been locked for security reasons. Connect your device to a power source for at least two hours and then try again." The key is to reset your PIN through
      account.microsoft.com. If you use remote unlock, your logon PIN will be protected by Windows instead of your device's security system.
      1. Go to
        account.microsoft.com.
      2. Sign in with the same Microsoft account you use on the phone.
      3. Click the Find my phone link.
      4. Press Lock.
      5. Enter a new PIN. Now you'll be able to unlock your phone with your new PIN.
    • To go back to having your logon PIN protected by your device’s security system, make sure the device has been on for at least 2 hours. Go to
      Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Accounts >
      Sign-in options page and select "I forgot my PIN". Enter your Microsoft account info, verify your identity, and set the PIN for the device.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

1. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator - Similar Threads - security pin laptop

2. Windows Security Pin locks my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Pin locks my computer: Window's security pin is asking for the pin account. When I enter the same pin I use to log into my computer, it loads and returns me to the same page. When I try "other sign in option" the screen loads and returns me to the page to enter my pin.It makes it so I cannot use my...
  3. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-pin-for-my-laptop-is-right-but-it-says/85a50963-8270-420f-bd71-33a5baf5ecac
  4. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-pin-for-my-laptop-is-right-but-it-says/85a50963-8270-420f-bd71-33a5baf5ecac
  5. My laptop says “pin not available”.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop says “pin not available”.: Hello, My laptop says “pin not available try another method.” The only other method offered is to enter password. I have tried entering my password but it says it is incorrect. I can login to my Hotmail account with the password so I know it is the correct password. Without a...
  6. My laptop says “pin not available”.

My laptop says “pin not available”.: Hello, My laptop says “pin not available try another method.” The only other method offered is to enter password. I have tried entering my password but it says it is incorrect. I can login to my Hotmail account with the password so I know it is the correct password. Without a...
  7. My laptop says “pin not available”.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My laptop says my pin is wrong even tho i know it’s right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop says my pin is wrong even tho i know it’s right: My laptop says my pin is wrong even tho i know it’s right, currently can’t access my computer. Happened to me once, when i entered my pin and it took it, i even wrote it down, then i restarted my computer and now it wont take my pin again....
  9. My laptop says my pin is wrong even tho i know it’s right

My laptop says my pin is wrong even tho i know it’s right: My laptop says my pin is wrong even tho i know it’s right, currently can’t access my computer. Happened to me once, when i entered my pin and it took it, i even wrote it down, then i restarted my computer and now it wont take my pin again....
  10. My computer says "this device has no administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer says "this device has no administrator: but a program has been blocked for my security by the administrator. It was a "WHO BLOCKED ME" program. Yesterday it showed 2 people blocked me or deleted me rather. Is there a difference? why can't I bring this program up? Can you f ind out who is acting as an...