Windows 10: My settings screen starts to show, then disappears.

Discus and support My settings screen starts to show, then disappears. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just wondered if this issue I am having with my settings screen is a common problem, and if there is a fix for it? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by marhuf, Aug 17, 2015.

1. marhuf Win User

My settings screen starts to show, then disappears.

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just wondered if this issue I am having with my settings screen is a common problem, and if there is a fix for it? I just upgraded my system yesterday, from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I wanted to go into the settings to check out how the Windows 10 update is setup.

I click on the settings icon, the screen starts to show, and then it just goes away, as if I clicked it off. Any help would be great. Thanks for any help given.

:)

marhuf, Aug 17, 2015
  2. sandy2410 Win User

Ovi Suite Starts then Silently Disappears

@martyndavies

Please try the steps below hopefully it works for you.

Uninstall the following from Add/Remove

- Nokia Ovi Suite

- Nokia Connecting cable driver

- PC Connectivity Solution

Then go to device manager ( Computer-Right Click-Manage)

- Ports

- Under ports uninstall the Nokia one ( there might be multiple entries but remove all)

Then navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\OviInstallerCache and remove all the GUID there ( unique nos).

- Restart Computer

- Download and Install Nokia Ovi Suite

- Restart computer

Hopefully this works for you

Cheers

Sandy

sandy2410, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Ovi Suite Starts then Silently Disappears

Now disappears, but not silently.

Crashes in "mpvdec_imx.ax"

Software version is 2.2.0.241

martyndavies---01, Aug 17, 2015
  4. resorts Win User

I am having the identical problem. Did you ever find a solution to this please?

resorts, Feb 15, 2017
Thema:

1. My settings screen starts to show, then disappears. - Similar Threads - settings screen starts

2. my start and settings don't show up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my start and settings don't show up: i downloaded windows pro superlite on my pc and for some reason it didn't have start or settings is there a fix? i already tried scanning it and stuff using command prompt but it didn't work if you know why or have a solution then i'd like to know...
  3. my start and settings don't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my start and settings don't show up: i downloaded windows pro superlite on my pc and for some reason it didn't have start or settings is there a fix? i already tried scanning it and stuff using command prompt but it didn't work if you know why or have a solution then i'd like to know...
  4. my start and settings don't show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most of my settings have disappeared, the settings app has also disappeared from start menu: [ATTACH]here is what it looks like https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-of-my-settings-have-disappeared-the-settings/3415d18e-0e37-4c59-b84a-e782b4243072
  6. windows settings starts to open then disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows settings starts to open then disappears: When I try to access windows settings it seems to start loading then it disappears. If I try to access my screensaver settings by right clicking the desktop it doesn't work I've tried using the control panel troubleshoot problems and get this error message: "file system...
  7. Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared: Hi all, please help me to solve this problem. I am using Windows 10 Home edition. After i formatted it (still the same edition), i found that my Start Settings is different. This Settings suppose look like this, [img] BUT, RIGHT NOW, it look like this, [img]...
  8. I click on settings icon, the screen shows, and then disappears

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I click on settings icon, the screen shows, and then disappears: I click on settings icon, the screen shows, and then disappears. This happens with all task bar items like the network icon, the date/time icon and the notification icon. It also happens on sever start menu programs. I've seen this question asked here before but no solutions...
  9. Disappearing Settings Menu from Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Settings Menu from Start: This morning, I noticed that the "File Explorer" and "Settings" menu items have disappeared from the Start menu. I manually typed in "Settings" and pinned it to the Start menu, but it showed up as a tile, which was not my intent. I removed the tile, and both "Settings" and...
  10. Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties: CASE 1 [img] I noticed most articles contained Start Menu tab. Mine is not available here. CASE 2 [img] I only have 2 settings in Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). Where can I get the remaining settings? Kindly please assist my problem? Thanks and...