Windows 10: My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro

Discus and support My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed a new Slingbox 500 onto my Windows Surface Pro 4, which has the 64bit Windows Pro installed. I have all the current Windows Updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DS_Buf, Aug 14, 2018.

1. DS_Buf Win User

My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro

I have installed a new Slingbox 500 onto my Windows Surface Pro 4, which has the 64bit Windows Pro installed. I have all the current Windows Updates, however, I can't seem to connect to my Slingbox. When I contacted Sling Media about the issue they mentioned that some else was having this issue and that they had to contact Microsoft who then helped then with their issue. Apparently one of the Windows updates is preventing SlingPlayer app from connecting to the slingbox.

I've try reinstalling the Slingplayer app several times. I've tried backing out some of the latest updates that the uninstall would allow. I also tried to restore to a previous restore point however, doing this would throw an error that my Virus protection was running even after I disabled it so, I can no longer restore to any of my restore points.

Although I've searched this forum I can't seem to find a tru answer for a fix for my particular device and Build level.

Windows version 1803 (OS Build 17134.191)

Thank you

DSawyer811

:)

DS_Buf, Aug 14, 2018

2. Slingbox not working

My problem is not quite the same but relevant. I am using Windows 10. Slingbox 500

Slingbox launches fine. Screen says "Slingbox installed!" "Launching Slingbox" then nothing it just sits there.. I have tried uninstalling several times and re-installing. No change. It works well on my Samsung tablet so it is obviously a problem with the
    app. I have used this program for 4 years with few problems.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MargaretAdams71, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 14, 2018
  4. My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro

Slingbox not working

My problem is not quite the same but relevant. I am using Windows 10. Slingbox 500

Slingbox launches fine. Screen says "Slingbox installed!" "Launching Slingbox" then nothing it just sits there.. I have tried uninstalling several times and re-installing. No change. It works well on my Samsung tablet so it is obviously a problem with the
    app. I have used this program for 4 years with few problems.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Try to reset your Windows Store by pressing Window key + R. Type wreset.exe.
    Then a black box window will appear. just close that. afterwards, download and install Slingbox again. see if it'll make a difference

Nadia_Cullen, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro

1. My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro - Similar Threads - Slingbox 500 isn't

2. My Windows Hello isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Hello isn't working: I'm currently using a HP Elitebook 830 GS and upon trying to setup my windows hello biometrics it showed the message:"We couldn't find a camera/fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello"What should I do?...
  3. My Windows isn't working right

My Windows isn't working right: So my computer has been acting very wrong lately. I will start up a game or something else intensive, and then my screen will get very saturated and shut down. Then when I try to boot it back up it I get the BSOD several times until it starts back up. Errors: System Service...
  4. My Windows isn't working right

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows isn't working right: So my computer has been acting very wrong lately. I will start up a game or something else intensive, and then my screen will get very saturated and shut down. Then when I try to boot it back up it I get the BSOD several times until it starts back up. Errors: System Service...
  5. My Windows Key isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Key isn't working.: My windows key doesn't seem to work, I recently reset my pc and yeah my windows key was working fine before that, but now after I have reset the pc nothing happens when I press the windows key. I can manually open the start menu via the mouse but not with the key. I also...
  6. My Windows Key isn't working.

My Windows Key isn't working.: My windows key doesn't seem to work, I recently reset my pc and yeah my windows key was working fine before that, but now after I have reset the pc nothing happens when I press the windows key. I can manually open the start menu via the mouse but not with the key. I also...
  7. My Windows Key isn't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My My Windows Explorer isn't working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My My Windows Explorer isn't working: Hello. I've been having some troubles with my laptops boot up for a long time but today something weird happend. When I booted my laptop and loggedin to the laptop my screen was completely black. I was scared because that never happend to me. I looked for some fixes in...
  9. My Windows isn't Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows isn't Working: Whenever I click the “Type here to search bar”, anything I click doesn’t pop up. If I click the window icon, nothing pops up. If I right click the speakers icon in the bottom right corner, and click sound settings, it will pop up as if loading then shut. Basically, if I...
  10. My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro: I have installed a new Slingbox 500 onto my Windows Surface Pro 4, which has the 64bit Windows Pro installed. I have all the current Windows Updates, however, I can't seem to connect to my Slingbox. When I contacted Sling Media about the issue they mentioned that some else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slingbox and win 10 problems

2. slingbox doesnt work on windows 10