Windows 10: My Son Accidentally Took Over Main Admin Account

Discus and support My Son Accidentally Took Over Main Admin Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 PC. I must not have had any email account associated with the PC. I had a name on the account but never linked it to a Microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Toko33, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Toko33 Win User

My Son Accidentally Took Over Main Admin Account

I have a Windows 10 PC. I must not have had any email account associated with the PC. I had a name on the account but never linked it to a Microsoft account.

Today, my young son logged into Windows and somehow ignorantly "took over" the account, so now all my files and settings all belong to his name and his email.

I have his password - thats not the issue. The issue is I want all my settings, data, documents, etc. to be removed from his account, and I want to go back to not having any personal account linked to this computer. I have been using Windows 10 for a long time so I have a lot of stuff under the user account folder. I'm not sure what else belongs to that account that will get screwed up if I just delete his account.

Can I get that account back, just the way I had it before?

I could just delete is account, but then where does all that data, documents, music, etc. go to? (everything under that account).

Please help.

:)

Toko33, Jun 13, 2017

2. Lenovo Settings won't update from the Windows Store

I made another admin account and the update worked however it has not carried over to my main account. I'm not getting the error thankfully, so I believe the issue has been solved. Make an Alt-Admin account and download it there then switch back to main
    and then download it. Thanks Michelle.

Howtodeleteroot34, Jun 13, 2017
  3. Deleting User Password in Windows 10

when I upgraded to Windows 10, it defaulted user from ADMIN to one of my son's user accounts and is now requiring a password. I was able to switch over to Owner/Admin login but when my son went to log into iTunes through his user account, he could not
    access. He claims not to have had p/w previously in Windows 7. I have gone into Control Panel to manage accts as admin and I cannot remove password requirement for him. Any ideas for me. Thx.

KevinCreedon, Jun 13, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

No. Your settings have been replaced. Even if you remove the MSA association, his settings will remain and you will have to re-configure them to what you want. (unless you have a backup to restore from)

There's a reason why Windows is multi-user. Don't let him use your account. Let him have his own.

Mystere, Jun 13, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
  6. Toko33 Win User
    Thank you - switching back to local account did the trick.

Toko33, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My Son Accidentally Took Over Main Admin Account - Similar Threads - Son Accidentally Took

2. I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account: I accidentally switched my admin account to a guest account so now I want to get it to an admin account but when I try to open the command promptadmin or change settings, my pc ask for administrator permission but I can't allow it because now my account is a guest. And also I...
  3. Accidentally opened an admin folder on my Son's account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally opened an admin folder on my Son's account: I accidentally opened the folder with admin permissions on my son's account. I want to have the folder ask for permission again once my son goes through the laptop because its looking like its permanently unlocked for my son's account and he can search numerous files which...
  4. I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMIN ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization
    I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMIN ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT: HELLO SO I WAS ANGRY THAT DAY AND THEN I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT AND THEN I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CHANGE IT BACK....
  5. Microsoft account took over another pc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account took over another pc: when i was logging into another pc as family organizer my microsoft account took over that pc replacing the old user's data/email with mine i can still access all the files the old user has but how do i change the email and give it back to the original user?...
  6. Family account removed by son with Admin Rights!

Family account removed by son with Admin Rights!: Family account removed by son with Admin Rights! I set up an account for my son under Family Group to keep him safe on line and to monitor and restrict his use on the laptop and Xbox for his safety to make sure he does school work at the right times without distraction. It...
  7. My friend took over my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My friend took over my computer: So my friend logged into my computer to play Minecraft windows 10 edition on his account, and now when I log in my account is under his Microsoft account and email and I have not been able to fix it. I tried to make a new Microsoft account but his account is the administrator...
  8. User admin account email address changed to my sons????

User admin account email address changed to my sons????: My User account on my laptop has been changed so that it is my sons account email address, not mine. How do I change it back to mine? He is a child. I needed to ask permission to myself to use Firefox. I have removed him from our family, and removed the device from his...
  9. Event Viewer Took Over My Computer

Event Viewer Took Over My Computer: I would love it if someone were able to tell me why Event Viewer has sent thousands of events to God knows who, with data that you make impossible to read. I would also like to know why it has so invasively taken over functions of my computer. Before I go on, I can ensure you...
  10. Admin account appears to be in sons account now

Admin account appears to be in sons account now: My son was on my PC yesterday trying to login to his Microsoft account so we could watch a movie, we ended up connecting his Xbox to my TV. I am (was) the admin on my PC, there is no PW to login so when I power up the PC it used to take me directly to my Desktop. When I...