Windows 10: My speakers are silent

Discus and support My speakers are silent in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have plugged my speakers in to the lower back of the PC panel. The power is on and the volume is at the maximum level but there is no audio. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Theron Pearson, Jul 25, 2018.

1. My speakers are silent

I have plugged my speakers in to the lower back of the PC panel. The power is on and the volume is at the maximum level but there is no audio. How can I solve this problem?

:)

Theron Pearson, Jul 25, 2018
  2. WOT
    WOT Win User

Some speakers are silent

Just a stab in the dark suggestion but you may be missing a codec that is applicable to your speaker configuration.

You can try and download the K-Lite Codec pack which has an option to define your speaker configuration:

https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
    Note: I just use the standard pack which come with the Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC)

My speakers are silent [​IMG]

Note: these options are available during a custom installation of the codec pack and are also available in the Codec Tweak Tool after installation.

Again, just an uneducated guess on my part.

Good luck,

3. Terrypin Win User
    Some speakers are silent

Thanks WOT, but here's a no-brainer solution I should have spotted myself!

Just received a reply to my similar simultaneous enquiry in the forum of my usual player, Media Monkey, suggesting I try enabling Speaker Fill in that Asus dialog. Now running on six speakers. My speakers are silent :)

I should have done so when I installed this new PC. Don't think I ever opened that dialog window until yesterday. So I suspect it took me nearly a year to notice that only three of my six speakers were working!

As will now be obvious, I'm no audiophile, so I'll settle for this. Wiring up the rear pair in particular (about two decades ago) was a hassle, so I'm happy to get some sound out of them again.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Jul 25, 2018
  4. red5---01 Win User

My speakers are silent

5310 loud speaker is not silent in "silent mode"

Hi,

I just got a 5310 (FW 5.91) and love it. One annoying querk I would like to get resolved.

When I have the phone in silent mode (and have set all sounds to "off" in the silent profile), the loud speaker still plays music when the "play" button for the music player accidentally gets pressed. I can lower the volume to the lowest level, but I cannot
    silence the loud speaker.

When in silent mode, it seems that you should be able to silence the loud speaker.

Thanks for any help.

Eric

red5---01, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

My speakers are silent

1. My speakers are silent - Similar Threads - speakers are silent

2. Windows 11 audio silent from speakers and plugged in headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 audio silent from speakers and plugged in headphones: Hi, I have a brand new lenovo idea pad 3 that isn't playing audio. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the audio drivers. I've tried updating the drivers from the intel website. I'm at a loss so far. Currently it shows the speakers are working but when I try to play any...
  3. Windows 11 audio silent from speakers and plugged in headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 audio silent from speakers and plugged in headphones: Hi, I have a brand new lenovo idea pad 3 that isn't playing audio. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the audio drivers. I've tried updating the drivers from the intel website. I'm at a loss so far. Currently it shows the speakers are working but when I try to play any...
  4. MsMpEng.exe deleted my files silently and secretly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe deleted my files silently and secretly: Hello,Recently after I made a fresh install of Windows 11, I noticed that some of my files have been deleted by `MsMpEng.exe` and I haven't received any notification or warning on this, and I cannot see any log on Windows Defender about such actions.I audited a folder and...
  5. my computer is silent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer is silent: it will not make sound and it is not keeping the volume up because when you put the volume up it gose back down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-silent/d99fa798-bcdb-4848-86a5-7678f56947bf
  6. Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds: Hello im using my new Hp Pavilion 15 CW1008LA Ryzen 7 / Windows 10 64 Bit - laptop for less then 2 months and for some reason the audio in my speakers is really low. If i turn on any Movie, game, YouTube the audio is normal but after few seconds is turning silent and you...
  7. My Zenbook UX319U is oddly silent and much slower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Zenbook UX319U is oddly silent and much slower: My Zenbook UX319U is oddly silent and much slower. This model of ZenBook is notorious for producing alot of noise. However, this evening I had multiple programs and alot of websites open as usual, messaging on dingtalk and editing a ppt. I was going to open a screen...
  8. MY RIGHT HEADPHONE IS COMPLETELY SILENT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MY RIGHT HEADPHONE IS COMPLETELY SILENT: i've already tried balence and uninstalling drivers but nothing please help submitted by /u/guywholikesterraria [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8cye3/my_right_headphone_is_completely_silent/
  9. my speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    my speakers: my speakers are working only when connected to other devices but when it is connected now to my pc it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-speakers/a7d01d65-8012-41de-9cb5-8f93270b32f7
  10. Some speakers are silent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some speakers are silent: I have six speakers, all as shown in these screenshot, and they all play correctly when tested under either the Realtek or Windows dialogs. Dropbox - SpeakerProblem-02.jpg Yet when I play a track, whether from my HD or a CD, in any player application on my Win 10 PC,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why speakers are silent

2. my peakers are silent

3. speakers are silent

4. my speakers are super silent