Windows 10: My specs 'good' enough for video editing?

Discus and support My specs 'good' enough for video editing? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, For my study I bought the HP Pavilion Power 15 laptop with the specs: Intel Core i5 7300HQ (4 cores) 2,5 GHz (max. 3,5 GHz) 16 GB ram 756 gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Westland1940, Jul 19, 2018.

1. My specs 'good' enough for video editing?

Hello,

For my study I bought the HP Pavilion Power 15 laptop with the specs:

Intel Core i5 7300HQ (4 cores) 2,5 GHz (max. 3,5 GHz)
    16 GB ram
    756 gb SSD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2048 MB

Simple question, what is your opinion if you see this specs for basic video editing (most of the time small projects, max 30-40 minutes story, 720p or 1080p editing, no crazy effects, sometimes some color correcting).

I know this laptop has also an i7 7700HQ model but unfortunately I really couldn't buy that one with my budget, and now I feel sometimes bad about it.

Thanks.

:)

Westland1940, Jul 19, 2018

2. Please suggest me some good video editing software

Hi

I need some help to find good video editing software, preferably free. What would you suggest?

Thanks.

*I Love TPU :lovetpu:

Pink Panther, Jul 19, 2018
  3. mad1394 Win User
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX560 Ti Overclocked (900Mhz),

It will be easier for people to give suggestions if you list the full specs of the system the video card is installed in.

mad1394, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Fourstaff Win User

My specs 'good' enough for video editing?

Video Editing Software

While that's true, OP can get a free software for child AND get something else for him, win-win, don't you think? (Given that most decent Video editing software costs more than a proper rig)

Fourstaff, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

My specs 'good' enough for video editing?

1. My specs 'good' enough for video editing? - Similar Threads - specs 'good' enough

2. My video audio is good until I try to edit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My video audio is good until I try to edit: I am using Windows 11 on a newly purchased HP Omen. I record video for Yiutube and have over 1,100 videos. I’ve used adobe premiere pro, video pad and Microsoft video editor and Logitech capture and stream labs to record and edit my videos. My video audio is good until I...
  3. My video audio is good until I try to edit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My video audio is good until I try to edit: I am using Windows 11 on a newly purchased HP Omen. I record video for Yiutube and have over 1,100 videos. I’ve used adobe premiere pro, video pad and Microsoft video editor and Logitech capture and stream labs to record and edit my videos. My video audio is good until I...
  4. These are my specs, currently running windows 7, are these specs good enough for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    These are my specs, currently running windows 7, are these specs good enough for windows 10?: Would it benefit me or would it slow the computer down if I upgraded to windows 10, as it runs okay on windows 7 Processor ProcessorAMD Athlon(tm) II X2 B24 ProcessorManufacturer AMD Speed 3 GHz Number of Cores 2 CPU ID 178BFBFF00100F62 MemoryRAM 8.0 GB Storage: 512gb...
  5. Is Windows Defender good enough?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows Defender good enough?: I've been using Avast and Avg ever since I had a pc and recently its getting really annoying with its popups, and I'm looking for a new antivirus and I'm wondering is the windows Defender good enough to use as my normal everyday antivirus? submitted by /u/Aqua853 [link]...
  6. Looking for Good Photo & Video Editing App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for Good Photo & Video Editing App.: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Using Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version 20H2 OS Build: 19042.572. I am looking for Good Photo & Video Editing App, where i can edit My Photos & Video. Which one is the best in Windows 10. Any recommedition or suggestions....
  7. Good video editing program?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Good video editing program?: I recorded all my videos from the phone in 4K 60FPS, and didn't pay attention to the memory. Now my 512GB are full and my mobile phone has no SD card slot oä. but I want to keep the videos. I want to cut the videos down to 720p 30FPS. For this I downloaded "Youcut"...
  8. pc specs for video photo editing for serious use

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc specs for video photo editing for serious use: hello to everybody! i have a dell t3500 workstation with 16 ram intel (r) xeon(r) w3690 3.47ghz 250 ssd 1 terra simple hard disk and gtx nvidia 970 card... i use it for video editing with premiere pro ,but i have some issue with laging time to time... and videos at youtube...
  9. Windows defender is it good enough

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender is it good enough: is it safe to just use windows defender or i need to get another 3rd party antivirus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-is-it-good-enough/f5be4afc-1cda-47f9-b6b5-c55ba5780da4"
  10. Is this spec enough to run W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this spec enough to run W10: How do you think this spec laptop will perform with Windows 10 - or would it be better to stick with W7. [img] Thanks 22954