Windows 10: my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used after 1803 update

Discus and support my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used after 1803 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used to control my cpu speed, it only sees my HDD and gpu. does anybody know why is this? i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by imeem, Jun 29, 2018.

1. imeem Win User

my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used after 1803 update

my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used to control my cpu speed, it only sees my HDD and gpu.

does anybody know why is this? i tried reinstalling the program but it was the same thing. i first notice issue when speedfan didn't work whenever i put my computer on hibernate, but will work again when i restart the computer. but now it fully does not work.

one of the error said: " ERROR: Fan Controller 0 can't find PWM (IT8720F@$A10(onISA@$A10)) "

:)

imeem, Jun 29, 2018
  2. largon Win User

Coretemp and Speedfan temp readings on Dell Vostro 200

Update you CoreTemp to 0.95.4.
    Speedfan needs to be configured for GØ stepping Core 2s:
    Configure -> Advanced -> "Chip" -dropdown list -> INTEL CORE at ~~~ -> set "Temperature offset" to 15 for each core.

What comes to the voltages; basically, Speedfan is useless for voltage monitoring. On the other hand, all softaware voltage sensors are useless...

Problem solved.

largon, Jun 29, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 29, 2018
  4. my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used after 1803 update

Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp

I have three programs in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
    Two of the programs start as expected but for some reason Speedfan does not.
    I see a number of entries in various forums about this, and a common suggestion is to use Task Scheduler.
    However it seems that does not always work.

Update:-
    Just tried the Task Scheduler route for Speedfan. Still no go.

What is it about Speedfan that causes these difficulties?

Hairy Scot, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used after 1803 update

1. my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used after 1803 update - Similar Threads - speedfan longer detects

2. How accurate is speedfan?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How accurate is speedfan?: Hi, I ran a stress test on my CPU using heavyload and my temps seem a bit too low in speedfan. Below are idle temps and 100% CPU usage temps. [img] [img] 161609
  3. Windows installation no longer detected after last update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows installation no longer detected after last update: Hey guys, A week ago or so my PC was updated to the latest build of Windows 10 (i think its 1903?). My PC is running pretty much 24/7. Now...i just rebooted and it turns out windows.can no longer find the boot device or windows installation. After this happens the PC...
  4. After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works: On Friday, I upgraded a VirtualBox VM 1803 Professional x64 to 1809. When the upgrade was complete, I ran Windows Update, but it errored out after a long delay with ERROR_TIMEOUT (0x800705b4). I have tried a clean boot and resetting the Windows Update components. That did...
  5. Windows 10 No Longer Detects Headphones after a Sound Update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 No Longer Detects Headphones after a Sound Update?: Hello, guys! I finally decided to contribute to this sub-reddit with the above mentioned question since I basically tested much of what's published elsewhere and really nothing worked. Windows does not detect my headphones no matter what I do. A short list as follows: -...
  6. External FAX Modem using a landline is no longer recognised after update 1803

External FAX Modem using a landline is no longer recognised after update 1803: The original update to 1803 produced problems with my connection of a Fax Modem using a landline. By a lot of messing about I managed to re enable the facility, however the most recent Update has made my FAX unusable again without any resolution that I can find. I had this...
  7. After 1803, batch file no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After 1803, batch file no longer works: I'm having with the batch file below on computers that have Windows 10 1803. This script works fine on Windows 10 1709 and earlier as well as Windows 7. The only error I get when I run this on 1803 is Error 1603. I've tried the various fixes online with no success (sorry,...
  8. speedfan not working after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    speedfan not working after 1803 update: my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used to control my cpu speed, it only sees my HDD and gpu. does anybody know why is this? i tried reinstalling the program but it was the same thing. i first notice issue when speedfan didn't work whenever i put my computer on...
  9. Mic not detected after 1803 build update in windows 10

Mic not detected after 1803 build update in windows 10: Hi guys help pls latest build 1803 has messed up my audio,my internal and external mic not getting detected getting random audio issues and also having games crash to desktop randomly ( some random processes are spiking high disk usages sometimes). Please give us a fix ,I...
  10. Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot: I use a little program called LCD Smartie to give me a separate screen display of Temps, voltages, CPU load, etc. on a small LCD screen. It works just fine, but needs Speedfan to run to get the temps and fan speeds. That's the problem. Speedfan has to run from the Startup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speedfan only detects hdd

2. speedfan no longer updated