Windows 10: My system screws up RAW files

Discus and support My system screws up RAW files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Win 10 Pro X64, Anniversary Edition. Lately (starting before the Anniversary upgrade), RAW files often display with screwed-up colors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Newmaven, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Newmaven Win User

My system screws up RAW files

I'm running Win 10 Pro X64, Anniversary Edition.

Lately (starting before the Anniversary upgrade), RAW files often display with screwed-up colors and details. This happens (though not consistently) with .CR2 Canon and .ORF Olympus files, and with Adobe Photoshop Elements 13, Corel Aftershot Pro 3, nd Corel PaintShop Pro x9. I have not noticed it happening with irfanView. Any idea what is causing it?

The screenshot is from Elements 13.

:)

Newmaven, Dec 8, 2016
  2. RobHCom Win User

Where can I download an ISO of the update, Windows 10 1511. Windows update and media downloader not an option.

Hey slance, yes I used my OEM key AMD my original OEM disk, the reason is I deleted the system partition and the system reserved partition to bring the disk back to raw state, then formatted the system partition and installed Win 10.

I always find it works best this way for other OS's to clean that system disk up, windows activated at first boot, then updated and now it's working.

It actually went very easy. got all my drivers up to date, DX updated and installed, THEN I screwed up my Outlook install.....lol, I imported the wrong Outlook data file and then had 2.....

but I figured it out. still a zillion things to do...

Now I need sleep.

cheers man,

RC

RobHCom, Dec 8, 2016
  3. Tried to clean up micro sd and all i get is

The type of the file system is RAW.

CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives.

i have tried with chkdsk and diskpart

OscarContreras001, Dec 8, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Have you got all the right converters for all the raw formats your using as raw isnt a standard its differnt for each maker

Samuria, Dec 8, 2016
  5. Newmaven Win User
    Since all these programs do work well with my RAW files some of the time, that doesn't seem to be the problem. And since it happens with many of my photo editing programs, I assume it's something in my system.

Newmaven, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My system screws up RAW files - Similar Threads - system screws RAW

2. my files are screwed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my files are screwed: i chose to try and open a file with a program and now it defaults to that and all files i download wont go to a compressed file at all so my file explorer said fuck you i guess it tries to open with 7 zip console and nothing else and i cant figure it out submitted by...
  3. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  4. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  5. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. NTFS file system changed to RAW

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS file system changed to RAW: I encountered a power loss during a Microsoft update and now one of my external drives is showing "RAW" instead of "NTFS". I tried to execute the command: "convert K: /fs:NTFS" but it tells me "Drive K: is already NTFS.". Are there multiple places where the file system type...
  7. Screwed Up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed Up!: Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change real life icons into some damn flower. I seem to recall I had this problem ages ago and you all fixed it but I could not...
  8. USB File System is RAW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB File System is RAW: Dear Microsof Community please help me with my problem. My USB OTG suddenly got an error saying "you need to format the disk in drive F: before you can use it" I tried using EaseUs, but other than that I did not try anymore 3rd party application, since majority of them has to...
  9. 20H2 Screwed my System

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20H2 Screwed my System: Short story: Could not update to 20H2, page fault BSOD on restart and it would roll back on me, couldn't do nov monthly either. Ran mem test, and windows memory diagnostic, in extended mode, and no issues with any type of blue screen during regular operation of my system....
  10. The type of the file system is RAW, CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives

in Windows 10 News
    The type of the file system is RAW, CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]CHKDSK is a useful tool when you need to repair bad or corrupt sectors of your hard disk. But at times, when trying to run this Disk Checking tool you may see an error message – The type of the [...] This post The type of the file system is RAW, CHKDSK is...