Windows 10: My tablet stylus cannot work as a mouse

Discus and support My tablet stylus cannot work as a mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a wacom tablet that worked perfectly but after I reseted windows I can't get it to work as a mouse. When I "click and slide" a webpage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Entretoize, Jun 15, 2018.

1. My tablet stylus cannot work as a mouse

Hello, I have a wacom tablet that worked perfectly but after I reseted windows I can't get it to work as a mouse.
    When I "click and slide" a webpage scrolls, when I "click and wait" it's a right click etc...

What I did:
    - installed wacom drivers
    - unchecked "use windows handwritting entry" (not sure of translatation because I'm french) in wacom settings.
    - tablet mode is off when I press win+A (it's grayed out because I'm in multiscreen)
    - in windows tablet mode setting I selected "use desktop mode"

I think there was advanced setting for tablet mode in windows 10 but I don't find.

Please help me !

Thanks

:)

Entretoize, Jun 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 Stylus no longer works like a mouse on my tablet. How can I get back mouse functionality?

I have been using Windows tablets since 2001 when Windows XP Tablet edition came out. The active stylus perfectly replaced the mouse:

press stylus down = left click mouse

press side button = right click mouse

With Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 on my Surface 3 this functionality is gone.

Please restore this functionality or explain how to use my stylus do all the things the mouse does.

I am especially frustrated in

Windows Explorer - drag and drop

Excel - drag to select multiple cells, drag the selection to a new location, drag the little cross to copy cells down, etc.

Word - drag to select more than one word. Drag the selection to another location.

Outlook - same as Word

Gary Kaplan, Jun 15, 2018
  3. Looking for wireless stylus + digitizer/tablet

The cheapest and the easiest way is to use some generic Android tablet+capacitive stylus. There are several apps on Google Play, which allow you to use a tablet to draw stuff and do screen sharing with a PC via network.

Additionally you can use a remote desktop connection on the tablet and run powerpoint presentations, draw stuff, start videos etc.

silentbogo, Jun 15, 2018
  4. silkstone Win User

My tablet stylus cannot work as a mouse

Looking for wireless stylus + digitizer/tablet

So something like a nexus 9? Would a stylus work with that? How well do they generally work over wifi?
    I don't suppose you have any specific examples of apps that work well?

I was thinking that there might be something that would have its own receiver dongle that I could plug into the laptop, but if this kind of thing would work with my schools network, it sounds like it would be a good alternate.

With that, could I see the what I write on the digitizer or just the projector? I need something that can display what i write on both. Also, they seem a little overkill for just projecting notes onto a board, but the design department might be interested in chipping in for something like this if i can also use it for what I need.

silkstone, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

My tablet stylus cannot work as a mouse

1. My tablet stylus cannot work as a mouse - Similar Threads - tablet stylus cannot

2. My mouse stops working after I use my graphics tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse stops working after I use my graphics tablet: I have an Intuos Pro medium and a Logitech G502 mouse. All drivers are current and both are connected via USB.When I start up my computer, the mouse is fine, but as soon as I use my tablet pen, the mouse no longer functions. None of the buttons are responsive, it cannot move...
  3. My mouse stops working after I use my graphics tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse stops working after I use my graphics tablet: I have an Intuos Pro medium and a Logitech G502 mouse. All drivers are current and both are connected via USB.When I start up my computer, the mouse is fine, but as soon as I use my tablet pen, the mouse no longer functions. None of the buttons are responsive, it cannot move...
  4. Tablet not properly detecting stylus on screen, tablet options/settings not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet not properly detecting stylus on screen, tablet options/settings not available: I just recently updated my desktop PC to Windows 11, and I'm trying to use my tablet to draw. The problem is that my stylus is interacting with my main monitor, not just my tablet screen. I'm not sure how to explain this well, but basically it moves the mouse cursor starting...
  5. Tablet not properly detecting stylus on screen, tablet options/settings not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet not properly detecting stylus on screen, tablet options/settings not available: I just recently updated my desktop PC to Windows 11, and I'm trying to use my tablet to draw. The problem is that my stylus is interacting with my main monitor, not just my tablet screen. I'm not sure how to explain this well, but basically it moves the mouse cursor starting...
  6. mouse and stylus arent working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse and stylus arent working properly: My mouse recently started to double click every time and my stylus acts like its being held down as soon as it is near the pad circle around cursor and cant click I havent changed any settings or downloaded anything in months....
  7. Huion drawing Tablet H420 won't use stylus cursor point when drawing and uses regular mouse...

Huion drawing Tablet H420 won't use stylus cursor point when drawing and uses regular mouse...: When I use a Huion Drawing tablet , for some reason it won't use the stylus cursor point and is stuck using the regular mouse cursor even when drawing and also using the desktop. This issue only happens when The driver for the drawing tablet from huion is used , if that...
  8. stylus not working

stylus not working: i have the lenovo pen 1 it stop working it says its fully charged but operating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stylus-not-working/cdad474e-5d68-4eb1-b6bd-6c3b0e7a119e
  9. Stylus pen for Windows Tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stylus pen for Windows Tablet: Hi all, I just got a Dell laptop capable of flipping over to use as a tablet. I am interested to use it to draw and write notes. Any apps or cheap stylus to buy? I know some stylus have a “eraser” on the Top for easy erasing, what is a good stylus? And does it erasing work...
  10. Can't get my tablet stylus to work as a mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get my tablet stylus to work as a mouse: Hello, I have a wacom tablet that worked perfectly but after I reseted windows I can't get it to work as a mouse. When I "click and slide" a webpage scrolls, when I "click and wait" it's a right click etc... What I did: - installed wacom drivers - unchecked "use windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wacom tablet settings excel drag to select cells