Windows 10: My taskbar is not functioning properly.

Discus and support My taskbar is not functioning properly. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My taskbar has a weird problem where it doesn't show any of the apps you are using or anything you have pinned to the taskbar. Everything else works,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Prathyush Sudarshan, Aug 27, 2018.

1. My taskbar is not functioning properly.

My taskbar has a weird problem where it doesn't show any of the apps you are using or anything you have pinned to the taskbar. Everything else works, but in that space it's just blank.

:)

Prathyush Sudarshan, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Most Taskbar functions including Start are not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is some system files is corrupt or there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?
    • When you say that "The start button and all the buttons on the right corner", are you facing issues similar issues while tapping on Windows Key in the keyboard?
    • Have you install any third party security software on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Also I recommend you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Start settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Turn on Show recently opened items in the jump list on Start or the taskbar.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 28, 2018
  4. My taskbar is not functioning properly.

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

My taskbar is not functioning properly.

1. My taskbar is not functioning properly. - Similar Threads - taskbar functioning properly

2. My calculator is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My calculator is not functioning properly: I do use my calculator to do both standard and scientific calculations, and also for currency exchange. I discovered this midnight when I wanted to use it I could not find the currency of a number of countries in it most especially the United States of America $. The US was...
  3. My calculator is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My calculator is not functioning properly: I do use my calculator to do both standard and scientific calculations, and also for currency exchange. I discovered this midnight when I wanted to use it I could not find the currency of a number of countries in it most especially the United States of America $. The US was...
  4. My calculator is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD Code "IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and Taskbar not functioning properly on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Code "IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and Taskbar not functioning properly on startup.: I have recently been having issues with my computer where it bluescreens with the code "IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and after restarting, the Taskbar fails to load properly. Icons do not show, the Windows key does not work, and I need to restart the "Windows Explorer" executable...
  6. BSOD Code "IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and Taskbar not functioning properly on startup.

BSOD Code "IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and Taskbar not functioning properly on startup.: I have recently been having issues with my computer where it bluescreens with the code "IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and after restarting, the Taskbar fails to load properly. Icons do not show, the Windows key does not work, and I need to restart the "Windows Explorer" executable...
  7. WIFI taskbar not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI taskbar not functioning properly: Hello, My laptop is currently running on Windows 11. I have this problem where my Wifi, Volume, Battery, and keyboard Language icon shows nothing when clicked but only happens after about 30 seconds. But it only showed briefly for about 2 seconds without anything Blank...
  8. WIFI taskbar not functioning properly

WIFI taskbar not functioning properly: Hello, My laptop is currently running on Windows 11. I have this problem where my Wifi, Volume, Battery, and keyboard Language icon shows nothing when clicked but only happens after about 30 seconds. But it only showed briefly for about 2 seconds without anything Blank...
  9. Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly: When in Win 11, I cannot pin open Office files to windows 11 taskbar or see the recent files opened in Word, Excel, etc. I was able to do that in Win 10. I do not get an error message. I can see the icon previews, but when right clicking on them, I used to see the files I...
  10. Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly

Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly: When in Win 11, I cannot pin open Office files to windows 11 taskbar or see the recent files opened in Word, Excel, etc. I was able to do that in Win 10. I do not get an error message. I can see the icon previews, but when right clicking on them, I used to see the files I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows taskbar not functioning