Windows 10: My taskbar will not slide away.

Discus and support My taskbar will not slide away. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently my taskbar has decided it will not slide out of the way when I am using a program. How can I make it do as it as told again, please? This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wolffie, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Wolffie Win User

My taskbar will not slide away.

Recently my taskbar has decided it will not slide out of the way when I am using a program.
    How can I make it do as it as told again, please?
    This is not on my Pryon PC but on my HP Touchscreen PC.
    In the setup screen the autohide button is ticked.

:)

Wolffie, Dec 2, 2015
  2. John Fue Win User

My taskbar will not go away on fullscreen windows 10

Hi,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest the following steps to full up the Taskbar Properties:

• Click Windows key, and then type Taskbar. Select Taskbar and Navigation.
      My taskbar will not slide away. [​IMG]
    • Check Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click Apply, and then OK.

Thank you.

John Fue, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Foofyness Win User
    My taskbar will not go away on fullscreen windows 10

I got the latest windows update and now whenever I go into full screen on any program the task bar stays there. I checked all of the other questions and fixes about this and it says right click the task bar then click properties,
    but properties is not there for me and I think it is because they removed that button on a update. So what do I do.

Foofyness, Dec 2, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Try unticking the Autohide checkbox, restarting the PC and then reselecting autohide. If this does not work it does no harm to run the system file checker to see if a system file has got corrupted. Open an elevated command prompt and enter sfc /scannow

philc43, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Wolffie Win User
    Thank you very much.
    It worked, my taskbar is now sliding out of sight when not needed *Smile

Wolffie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My taskbar will not slide away. - Similar Threads - taskbar slide away

2. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  3. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  4. Taskbar won't go away automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar won’t stay away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won’t stay away: I’ve been having this issue and I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere. When I am in fullscreen watching a video the taskbar is hidden but at some point during the video the task bar reappears and I am clicked into another tab on my laptop. I haven’t been able to find any...
  6. Taskbar not going away

Taskbar not going away: So my taskbar keeps getting in the way of stuff I'm doing so I tried to remove it. However, disable taskbar in tablet and desktop mode are both on, yet my taskbar is still there. Even when I'm idle and haven't touched the laptop in hours, the taskbar still stays there...
  7. Taskbar won't go away

Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  8. Taskbar not going away on the bottom screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not going away on the bottom screen: I am trying to start up a game from steam and the taskbar isn't going away, problem is that the taskbar before has gone away but now this time it is not going away at all. Is there any way I can make sure it goes away when I start up the game?...
  9. taskbar slide down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar slide down: so i wanna activate the slide down feature for the taskbar but my windows isn't activated, is there any way to turn on that setting when windows is not activated? submitted by /u/pluminco_1911 [link] [comments]...
  10. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i slide my taskbar over with my finger