Windows 10: My "This PC" display has changed

Discus and support My "This PC" display has changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When clicking on "This PC" I now get the following display (see the attached image). Before, the 6 defaullt folders were shown as in the attachment but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stevekir, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Stevekir Win User

My "This PC" display has changed

When clicking on "This PC" I now get the following display (see the attached image). Before, the 6 defaullt folders were shown as in the attachment but the drives were shown with small icons and the name of the drive. This was much more compact, whereas the changed display takes up much more room.

How can I get back to the previous dislay please?

I have just noticed, from restore points, that a "silent" auto update of Windows occurred today at 07/07/2017 at 12:08:32, GMT+1, "Windows Update", "Critical Update". Is this a case of Microsoft messing up my computer withput telling me? If so, I need being told, in advance, to avoid confusion, thinking something has gone wrong, searching, wasting my time (for which I normally charge my customers).

My "This PC" display has changed [​IMG]

:)

Stevekir, Jul 6, 2017

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Jul 6, 2017
  3. okinawa---01, Jul 6, 2017
  4. My "This PC" display has changed

If your complaint is icon size.

Windows key + X
    Settings
    System
    Change resolution
    My "This PC" display has changed [​IMG]

Frozenoem1, Jul 6, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 6, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Sorry but I just have to say it since you said you charge your customers, there's anywhere from 2 to 5 ways to do things in Windows customization, change how things are seen or done. It's been that way through several Versions of Windows. Each new Version brings things to learn or relearn. If I'm given a description of what the problem a client has I can try to duplicate it on one of my computers before getting on-site but there's been many times I have to be there and have them walk through their issue to find a correct solution for them [actually see what they are doing that's messing them up].

Berton, Jul 6, 2017
  7. Stevekir Win User
    Thanks folks. "Tiles" was hidden until I scrolled the Layout area.

Stevekir, Jul 6, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome Steve. *Smile

Brink, Jul 6, 2017
  9. Stevekir Win User
    True. Even several hints and tips and how to's on the Internet are out of date, not just caused by a new version but by smaller changes several times a year, which causes confusion. There must be several millions of different flavours of Window out theres. I see an advantage of Microsoft's recent policy of pushing updates without even the user knowing in some cases. It could help to reduces all those flavours, a bit.

Stevekir, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My "This PC" display has changed - Similar Threads - display has changed

2. The display for my MSN homepage has totally changed on my iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The display for my MSN homepage has totally changed on my iPhone: The layout / display has totally changed on my iPhone for my MSN homepage. I have tried clearing cache on Safari. Not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-display-for-my-msn-homepage-has-totally/4f57175d-0fb8-4214-a8a6-924fdd5b536f
  3. The display for my MSN homepage has totally changed on my iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The display for my MSN homepage has totally changed on my iPhone: The layout / display has totally changed on my iPhone for my MSN homepage. I have tried clearing cache on Safari. Not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-display-for-my-msn-homepage-has-totally/4f57175d-0fb8-4214-a8a6-924fdd5b536f
  4. New update has changed my colour display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New update has changed my colour display?: The new update has changed my colour display which now effects how colours look in both photoshop, lightroom, the web and on the PC. It is showing different colour profiles and there is no way to change the profile. This was an issue when windows 11 was first released that...
  5. New update has changed my colour display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New update has changed my colour display?: The new update has changed my colour display which now effects how colours look in both photoshop, lightroom, the web and on the PC. It is showing different colour profiles and there is no way to change the profile. This was an issue when windows 11 was first released that...
  6. Why has my display size seemingly changed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why has my display size seemingly changed?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kivkorn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k314mo/why_has_my_display_size_seemingly_changed/
  7. Why my Windows Settings display page has not changed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why my Windows Settings display page has not changed?: I have a few devices running Windows 10. Recently, I updated another device I have to Win 10 1909 and the Settings page seemed different, modified. I still have this below page view on my current laptop running Win 10 1909 as well. It's updated regularly too. How can I...
  8. Display has changed

Display has changed: I opened the Action Center today and my whole display has changed. All of the shortcuts and documents I had on my desktop are gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-has-changed/4a7912e5-29fa-4983-b3fd-413e5fd9c264
  9. Display screen has changed

Display screen has changed: Without any effort from me, the icons on my display screen are ginormous. How do I get them back to normal size? Thanks![IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-screen-has-changed/b8b47647-2119-41d6-aa99-5eeb0feac33e
  10. Display has changed to black and white ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display has changed to black and white ?: I was on my computer about 45 mins ago and I was pasting something had just used ctrl and c the next thing I know is that my computer is now in black and white I have a Nvidia 730 card Im not sure what happened. If I restart or reboot it comes on in color then reverts to...