Windows 10: My Toshiba wireless card is not compatable with Win 10. Suggestions?

Discus and support My Toshiba wireless card is not compatable with Win 10. Suggestions? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the Windows 10 upgrade, I am having problems maintaining wireless connectivity. In researching this, I learned from the Intel website that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ocjeff, Oct 11, 2017.

1. ocjeff Win User

My Toshiba wireless card is not compatable with Win 10. Suggestions?

Since the Windows 10 upgrade, I am having problems maintaining wireless connectivity. In researching this, I learned from the Intel website that the Centrino N-1000 card is not compatible with Windows 10 and also that the N-1000 is no longer supported by Intel. Is there a known card upgrade? I have a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5381.

:)

ocjeff, Oct 11, 2017
  2. ŁukaszH Win User

Dell Inspiron 15R N5010 & Windows 10 - Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Compatibility Issue

Hi there,

I've reserved Win 10 upgrade. GetWin10 App says my Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter (Dell Wireless WLAN 1501 Half Mini-Card Driver) isn't fully compatible with Win 10 and I'll experience connectivity problems on my machine after upgrading. I can't get any
    drivers from Dell/Broadcom site that are compatible with Win 10 on my machine. Does it mean after upgrading to Win 10 I'll lose wireless connection on my laptop or Win10 will support my device out of the box? How to fix that issue?

ŁukaszH, Oct 11, 2017
  3. Win 10 upgrade problem on Win 7 Pro HP DC5760 PC

Win 10 upgrade utility reported a problem on my Xpress 1150 built-in Video card on my HP DC5750 PC.

This problem was flagged on a number of forums.

I installed an Asus Nvidia Geforce 210 (Win 10 compatible) PCI Express card. Loaded the drivers and all worked in Win 7.

Checked my Device Manager and it reports the new Asus video card only.

However when rechecking Win 10 upgrade it reports the old Xpress 1150 as a 'secondary video card' and will not offer upgrade.

I have upgraded my main HP PC from Win 8.1 to Win 10 plus an older Toshiba laptop from Win 7 to Win 10.

However this older HP will not oblige.

Appreciate a solution to my problem.

Edward

Edward Collins EI5DS, Oct 11, 2017
  4. My Toshiba wireless card is not compatable with Win 10. Suggestions?

Hi ocjeff. Welcome to the TenForums @ocjeff

Not sure if I can recommend a card and know that it will work. Looking at google it appears your card is a half height card so you have that going in your favour. Some older cards are full height and you need to buy an adapter.

A lot of the older Intel adapters are off support. That doesn't mean they won't work it just means you have to find just the right driver. My Intel 7260 uses a driver from February 2014. Works like a charm, anything newer just creates issues.

If you go the route of replacing card you may encounter some frustration. Have you look into the Toshiba forums. You can't be the only one experiencing this and there should be some that have actually replaced the card.

Likely the easiest, cheapest, most reliable way for you to upgrade is a USB plug in. Some are very small, very fast while not being that expensive. There are an number of vendors selling theses.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    Totally agree.....this is the fastest/easiest way to go about this.

Plankton, Oct 11, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    A USB wireless dongle is the way to go. I have one of these it's 1200 Mbs (theoretical) rather than my Toshiba laptops internal 150 Mbs card. I was lucky the internal Wireless Card (Qualcomm) still works in mine.

You maybe able to find an internal Mini PCI-E Card that is compatible with the Toshiba and has Windows 10 driver.
    I would look in the Toshiba forums for possibilities that may have been tried.

Some Toshibas like mine could have one of two brands of Wireless Card fitted as standard.

Helmut, Oct 11, 2017
  7. ocjeff Win User
    Thank you so much for the help. as an fyi concerning Toshiba website and help...I thought I'd find others who had/have the same problem and then responses as to fixing it. Try as I might I could not. So I'm pretty much glad I came here. *Smile

ocjeff, Oct 11, 2017
  8. My Toshiba wireless card is not compatable with Win 10. Suggestions?

Glad the forum could help. Let us know what you buy.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 11, 2017
  9. ocjeff Win User
    I bought an adapter from USBNOVEL. Works great plus I'm now using the 5.8 GHz band on my modem. Plug and Play to Win 10. So nice to have a connection that doesn't keep dropping.

ocjeff, Oct 14, 2017
  10. Nice. Glad the forum could help.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

My Toshiba wireless card is not compatable with Win 10. Suggestions?

1. My Toshiba wireless card is not compatable with Win 10. Suggestions? - Similar Threads - Toshiba wireless card

2. Toshiba Satellite Win 10 compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satellite Win 10 compatibility: Hello, I installed W10 Pro on an older Toshiba Satellite laptop. Everything went OK but I am having trouble connecting to my home network. When I bring the laptop close to the router it detects it and connects automatically, but when I move away to the next room, it loses...
  3. toshiba flash cards notice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    toshiba flash cards notice: this notice is coming upwhen I try toclose my laptop how do I get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-flash-cards-notice/2fafa7a3-c231-4276-9c96-eefb68ea1044
  4. Toshiba flash cards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba flash cards: Toshiba flash cards is preventing shut down. I cannot find and uninstall Toshiba flash cards because it’s in Toshiba Function Key Main Module. I don’t want to uninstall Toshiba Function Key Main Module, only Toshiba flash cards....
  5. Windows 10 compatibility with Toshiba Satellite P50T-B

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 compatibility with Toshiba Satellite P50T-B: Dear all, I bought this laptop from someone online, I have same issues when I did a format for the system and put a windows 10 on it, the DISK in task manager will go 100% with a simple activity as browsing the internet, the laptop disk go high as 100% and the laptop froze...
  6. Compatibility with win 10

in Cortana
    Compatibility with win 10: Is it "Stream what you hear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-with-win-10/3064d8c5-2349-42d4-9215-bb107aa6189d"
  7. Compatibility of Toshiba laptop with Win10 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Compatibility of Toshiba laptop with Win10 1803: If my Toshiba A11 laptop is not on the MS compatibility list, and attempts for 1803 to install keep failing, should I try to install it via an ISO file download anyway, or should try to stay with ver. 1709? In any case, I'm not sure how to get Windows Update to stop trying...
  8. Toshiba flash card app in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba flash card app in windows 10?: Exactly how to turn off toshiba flash card app in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/toshiba-flash-card-app-in-windows-10/d243ff07-1f70-4bd2-a9dc-278ccdd06182
  9. Can You Suggest a Good Win 10 Wireless Trackpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can You Suggest a Good Win 10 Wireless Trackpad?: Does anyone know of a good wireless trackpad? I need one with the following: - Wireless - MUST work with the special Win 10 trackpad gestures Please let me know 46561
  10. Win 10 Airplane mode turns on, on desktop with no wireless card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Airplane mode turns on, on desktop with no wireless card: Hi, I have a desktop computer with no wireless card running windows 10 and airplane mode which is not visible in the network settings, turns on and disables my internet connection. The only way to fix the issue I have found so far is to restart the computer. This happens...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless and ethernet cannot start toshiba a200 win 10