Windows 10: My USB 3.0 only recognizes 3.0 devices after reboot, and sometimes not then

Discus and support My USB 3.0 only recognizes 3.0 devices after reboot, and sometimes not then in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a brand new issue for this motherboard, which I've had for three years now. The motherboard is an ASRock 990FX Killer. I've never had any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RenHuntsinger, Jul 16, 2018.

1. My USB 3.0 only recognizes 3.0 devices after reboot, and sometimes not then

This is a brand new issue for this motherboard, which I've had for three years now.

The motherboard is an ASRock 990FX Killer. I've never had any problems with the 3.0 USB until I tried to use it yesterday. I'm using this computer as an entertainment center and I have an external 3.0 hard drive dock that contains all sorts of entertainment software -- music, movies, etc. Here are the symptoms:

• when the machine is running, I cannot plug any 3.0 device into any 3.0 port and get it recognized. I'm specifically referring to my 3.0 thumb drives and other external 3.0 storage devices. Those are the only 3.0 devices I have.
    • I can plug any 2.0 device into any 3.0 port and it will be recognized. 2.0 thumb drives, mice, game pads, keyboards and so forth.
    • I can reboot the computer and it will then usually recognize any existing plugged in 3.0 device, but will not recognize any new ones I plug in once it's up and running, until I reboot the computer again. When I turn them off, unplug them, turn them back on or replug them in, they won't be recognized. What's consistent is that plugging in a 3.0 device when the machine is running results in nothing.

I have the latest 1803 version of Windows 10/64.

• According to the Device Manager the Root Hub drivers were updated on the 8th of June;
    • the Etron USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller driver is dated 4/10, which goes back before the 1803 winver;
    • all USB "Roll back driver" options are greyed out, so not an option.

I have unchecked all power management boxes as someone suggested to another person with a similar problem.

Troubleshooting through the Control Panel, which I once could do, has either been moved to some well hidden location or removed entirely from Windows 10. A search disclosed that Windows could not find "troubleshooting" on this computer. I tried another computer I use as my main machine and with the same winver and that Windows 10 could not find it either.

I'd love to find a solution for this problem; I can work around it but it's annoying. My other computer is working flawlessly. I welcome any input.

:)

RenHuntsinger, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Pinscher Win User

Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Jul 16, 2018
  4. awalt Win User

My USB 3.0 only recognizes 3.0 devices after reboot, and sometimes not then

Moving to RAID 0 - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

I am converting an existing Windows 10 Pro laptop to RAID 0 - and I keep getting to the final boot where it says INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. What am I doing wrong? The laptop has two 1 TB Samsung 850 SSDs that are identical. Laptop is a HP Zbook 17.

Here are my steps:

1. Made a good System Image of C: drive on separate external SSD drive connected by USB. D: drive didn't have anything on it to be saved.
    2. Used Win 10 Pro DVD to delete all partitions/format drives.
    3. Went into BIOS and changed from AHCI to RAID, and also to turn on ability to do Control-I to get to Intel RST ROM.
    4. Rebooted, did Control-I, created a RAID 0 of the two disks.
    5. Rebooted, installed Windows 10 fresh. Verified it would reboot on its own.
    6. Rebooted, went into Repair on Windows 10 DVD. Selected external SSD image to do image restore from.
    7. Rebooted - verified on Control-I that the RAID 0 array is listed as "bootable"
    8. Rebooted - get INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

The place it dies - I see the little Windows 10 blue window, and the spinning circle at the bottom - then I get the blue screen with the message.

I think I listed everything I did - what am I missing?

awalt, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

My USB 3.0 only recognizes 3.0 devices after reboot, and sometimes not then

1. My USB 3.0 only recognizes 3.0 devices after reboot, and sometimes not then - Similar Threads - USB recognizes devices

2. Fixing F: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing F: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00.: PlzFixing F: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00. ?my pc is stuck on this, when I updating my pc to window 10 , my pc shutdown by direct button by my younger brother then I on my pc it showing this on screen from 30 min what I need to do next please help me, plz...
  3. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  4. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  5. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Fixing D: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing D: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00..: Fixing D: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00.. this the stage lasts more than an hour, and carries there even 1 percent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fixing-d-stage-3-100-0-of-0-total-99-eta-00000/9c35f5d6-c182-49f3-8817-be9543c71c19
  7. Stuck on Fixing F: Dtage 3: 100% 0 of 0???

Stuck on Fixing F: Dtage 3: 100% 0 of 0???: I scanned my hp laptop for viruses with malwarebytes and quarantined them. It was only then when I actually pressed delete on them that my computer became so slow. The virus was pretty bad because after log in, all the desktop icons and taksbar would take around 10 mintues to...
  8. Fixing d Stage 3 100% 0 of 0 Total %99

Fixing d Stage 3 100% 0 of 0 Total %99: how can ı solve this I bought new hdd, pluged and this [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fixing-d-stage-3-100-0-of-0-total-99/7afefe23-faad-406e-85d8-f1e5fcfc2fae
  9. Why is it still on 0%? It’s been 3 hours!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is it still on 0%? It’s been 3 hours!!!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_Peachy_Keen__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwzzae/why_is_it_still_on_0_its_been_3_hours/
  10. Fixing H: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00

Fixing H: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00: My pc Lenovo was very slow for week espicially today, I decided to restart it and then start fixing then it stuck at this stage: Fixing H: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total: 99%; ETA: 0:00:00 It took 12 hours and I am still waiting. what is the best solition? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows only recognizes usb drive when rebooting