Windows 10: My user doesn't exist

Discus and support My user doesn't exist in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently canceled A factory reset on my windows 10 computer and my user exists but it doesn't? It shows up, but not when it took me an hour to open... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SalamanderGamer, Jan 12, 2018.

1. My user doesn't exist

I recently canceled A factory reset on my windows 10 computer and my user exists but it doesn't? It shows up, but not when it took me an hour to open file explorer

:)

SalamanderGamer, Jan 12, 2018

2. Other user that doesn't exist

Hi Brendan,

Family Safety is a feature that limits your computer from the contents that are harmful to your children. Removing a member is possible. You can do this online or on Xbox one. In whatever way, you will need to manage this in your
    Microsoft account.

Since you have the authorization for the computer usage in your family, you can manage this feature by removing members. To do this, visit this link:

Remove members from your Microsoft family
    for instructions.

Let us know if you need more help.

Johann Eva, Jan 12, 2018
  3. Other user that doesn't exist

I accidentally created an "Other user" and now when I start my Windows 10 PC I am met with "Other user" and have to select my own name in order to login.

I tried the method below to remove "Other user" but when I get to Family and other users, nothing is listed.

Here's how to do it.

Open the Settings app located on the Start menu's sidebar, click or touch Accounts, and navigate to Family and other users.

Click on the account you want to remove from your computer, and click Remove.

BrendanSisk, Jan 12, 2018
Thema:

My user doesn't exist

1. My user doesn't exist - Similar Threads - user doesn't exist

2. My existing microsoft account doesn't exist..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My existing microsoft account doesn't exist..: Hello, I have a problem. I want to use a pin code to log in to our PC from now on, but when I want to set that pin code I get the message that my Microsoft account does not exist. However, the email address does match the email address as registered in our existing Microsoft...
  3. My existing microsoft account doesn't exist..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My existing microsoft account doesn't exist..: Hello, I have a problem. I want to use a pin code to log in to our PC from now on, but when I want to set that pin code I get the message that my Microsoft account does not exist. However, the email address does match the email address as registered in our existing Microsoft...
  4. My existing microsoft account doesn't exist..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. User under This PC doesn't seem to exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User under This PC doesn't seem to exist: My town had an electrical outage several weeks ago and now I seem to have the old user from my previous computer in my new one. The WildChild1954 user is the one that should be there. The deejh is the one from the previous computer. If I go to User Accounts on the Control...
  6. User under This PC doesn't seem to exist

User under This PC doesn't seem to exist: My town had an electrical outage several weeks ago and now I seem to have the old user from my previous computer in my new one. The WildChild1954 user is the one that should be there. The deejh is the one from the previous computer. If I go to User Accounts on the Control...
  7. User under This PC doesn't seem to exist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. User library or User lib doesn't exist problem on my windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User library or User lib doesn't exist problem on my windows.: I've been trying to play my steam games but for some reason my computer keeps notifying me that my user library or User lib doesn't exist. I just want to know how to find it or make one that can make my games playable because it's really hard. Help me out with a way ASAP...
  9. User library or User lib doesn't exist problem on my windows.

User library or User lib doesn't exist problem on my windows.: I've been trying to play my steam games but for some reason my computer keeps notifying me that my user library or User lib doesn't exist. I just want to know how to find it or make one that can make my games playable because it's really hard. Help me out with a way ASAP...
  10. PC tries to default login to a user that doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC tries to default login to a user that doesn't exist: My husband recently wiped his old PC and gave it to me to use for school work. Despite completely wiping the PC and reinstalling the OS the computer keeps defaulting to log in to his old account when it has been restarted. This account has been entirely has been removed from...