Windows 10: My version of Windows has been out-of-date for a long time

Discus and support My version of Windows has been out-of-date for a long time in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Believe me, I've tried getting the updates. I tried relentlessly at one point, but it's as if my system just refuses to update to version 1511. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ZomBrony, Oct 11, 2016.

1. ZomBrony Win User

My version of Windows has been out-of-date for a long time

Believe me, I've tried getting the updates. I tried relentlessly at one point, but it's as if my system just refuses to update to version 1511. I had come to accept this issue by now, but I just realised today that the OS is already on version 1607, and maybe even more than that.

Why won't my computer update? The 1511 update always fails and I have no idea why. I think my inability to update to 1511 is also the cause of so many other updates failing. I'll try installing version 1607 now, but I doubt it'll work.

:)

ZomBrony, Oct 11, 2016

2. My PC has been crashing for way too long, i need a fix.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to Run maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at
    the same time.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start menu.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Method 2:

To defragment your hard disk

• Open Disk Defragmenter by clicking the Start
      button. In the search box, type Disk Defragmenter, and then, in the list of results, click
      Disk Defragmenter.
    • Under Current status, select the disk you want to defragment.
    • To determine if the disk needs to be defragmented or not, click
      Analyze disk. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Once Windows is finished analyzing the disk, you can check the percentage of fragmentation on the disk in the
      Last Run column. If the number is above 10%, you should defragment the disk.
    • Click Defragment disk. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Method 3:

If issue still persist, you can try Clean Boot and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: The article For Windows 8/8.1 will work for Windows 10 as well.

Disclaimer: To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link above.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you

Amit(Kumar), Oct 11, 2016
  3. My PC has been crashing for way too long, i need a fix.

Hey, I really need some help...

Don't really know how to say this, but my PC keeps on crashing. When it happens, a sort of graphic error happens, the whole screen suddenly goes black and there is a little bit of white for like 1 second, then its gone, and
    nothing happens. I have to press the restart button on my case to get out of it. also you can see the screen turn off.

Sorry for the weird black highlight, I already tried posting this in the Steam forums, but couldn't find much help. I have tried looking at the desktop application where you "View Reliability" and it says this:

My version of Windows has been out-of-date for a long time [​IMG]

If I click on "View technical details" it says this(I'm not sure if this is actually the thing that's wrong):
    My version of Windows has been out-of-date for a long time [​IMG]

xMichaelWalshx, Oct 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, try manually updating. There's a guide to getting the iso in the Tutorials section.. Microsoft media creation tool. I prefer to have a physical bootable medium as it can be used for certain repairs.

Please be cautious: create a full disk image using e,g, Macrium Reflect (free) before updating. Some people experience significant difficulties.

We strongly recommend using disk imaging to everyone, routinely, for all your partitions and disks.

dalchina, Oct 11, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    There are two main types of updates, the Features Updates (first the 'Fall Update' to 1511, now the 'Anniversary Update' 1607) and the Cumulative updates that patch bugs and security issues. The two are installed quite differently too - Features Updates are a complete install of a new OS, cumulative updates patch the existing system.

There may be issues that prevent your upgrading to 1511 or 1607 (and dalchina has already suggested ways round that) but that doesn't necessarily mean your system is 'out-of-date'. The same bug/security fixes are still being issued as cumulative updates for all three versions. Run Winver to see what build yours is. If yours says build 10240.17146 then you are as up-to-date as it's possible to be, you just don't have the latest features.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...update-history

On the other hand, if you're not getting the CUs either you have deeper problems that (for your own security) should be dealt with ASAP.

6. dalchina New Member
    Following from Bree's post, where people have an issue with Windows update, because an upgrade (e.g. to 1607) is effectively a new Windows installation, this tends to resolve such problems.

Please note that should you succeed, there are issues with recent updates- difficulty in downloading and installing. See the News section here on those updates if interested.

Disk imaging can definitely be your friend here if things go amiss.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My version of Windows has been out-of-date for a long time - Similar Threads - version has been

2. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time: sorry if my english is not good, I have a laptop with windows 11 and BSOD often occurs. I have included the dump file below. what steps should I take?Loading Dump File [C:\Users\user\Documents\010424-25984-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are...
  3. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time: sorry if my english is not good, I have a laptop with windows 11 and BSOD often occurs. I have included the dump file below. what steps should I take?Loading Dump File [C:\Users\user\Documents\010424-25984-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are...
  4. my taskbar has been miissed as well as time and date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my taskbar has been miissed as well as time and date: my taskbar has been miissed as well as time and date ,i have truied different way but is not worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-has-been-miissed-as-well-as-time-and/c0d69afe-714a-4d65-849d-5cbb529ac824
  5. my taskbar has been miissed as well as time and date

my taskbar has been miissed as well as time and date: my taskbar has been miissed as well as time and date ,i have truied different way but is not worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-has-been-miissed-as-well-as-time-and/c0d69afe-714a-4d65-849d-5cbb529ac824
  6. My laptop has windows 11 ,i try to restart it but it has been a long time since it stuck on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has windows 11 ,i try to restart it but it has been a long time since it stuck on...: My laptop has windows 11 ,i try to restart it but it has been a long time since it stuck on restarting pleae help me in running my pc again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-windows-11-i-try-to-restart-it-but/61554914-7db2-4939-b999-cb499dd5cfca
  7. My laptop has windows 11 ,i try to restart it but it has been a long time since it stuck on...

My laptop has windows 11 ,i try to restart it but it has been a long time since it stuck on...: My laptop has windows 11 ,i try to restart it but it has been a long time since it stuck on restarting pleae help me in running my pc again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-windows-11-i-try-to-restart-it-but/61554914-7db2-4939-b999-cb499dd5cfca
  8. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time: I have a laptop with Windows 10 64 bit. For over 3 years it is getting BSOD multiple times. An Analysis by WhoCrash tell this crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMPThis was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!MmTrimAllSystemPagableMemory+0x24497 Bugcheck...
  9. My Computer Has Been Crashing For A Long Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer Has Been Crashing For A Long Time: Hello, So my computer is BSOD quite frequently and the games i play sometimes freeze and crash. The Temps are around 73 Celcius when the crashed occur. I Have Had this pc for 3 years and these only started 1 month ago. It is a custom built pc The BSOD errors i get are:...
  10. Well it's been a long time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Well it's been a long time.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/P6B0T [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi77bu/well_its_been_a_long_time/