Windows 10: My VMware Player has been crashing a lot

Discus and support My VMware Player has been crashing a lot in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; My VMware Player has been crashing a lot. In fact once there was a series of about 5 fatal error dialogs which cascaded in a rather aesthetic and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by gregyurkon, Dec 14, 2015.

1. My VMware Player has been crashing a lot

My VMware Player has been crashing a lot. In fact once there was a series of about 5 fatal error dialogs which cascaded in a rather aesthetic and soothing fashion. Before I go to VMware for help, does anyone here have any advice which might smooth out the process.

:)

gregyurkon, Dec 14, 2015
  2. Roman_777 Win User

After upgrade to Windows 10 (from Windows 8.1) I get frequent BSOD events

Windows reset that removes all the applications and re-installs Windows 10 has worked fine. No more crashes.

I later traced log files that the problematic driver was for the VMWare Player. After reinstalling VMWare Player into Windows 10, Windows is still working fine - no crashes.

So, my problem is resolved.

Roman_777, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Will16 Win User
    BSOD when running VMWare Player after Creators Update

I've tried that as well, and have posted over in vmware communities about the issue with no response yet. I don't see how it can be a vmware issue myself, as vmware has been running absolutely fine on my machine for years, only crashing the system after
    MS issued it's Creators Update.

Will16, Dec 14, 2015
  4. My VMware Player has been crashing a lot

(Sorry for posting the OP in the wrong place.)

I narrowed down the cause of the crashes to the USB ports. I'm going to try changing the ports from 3.0 to 2.0. I can't find any information on this type of issue in the PDF docs or at the website. Maybe it'll crash again soon and generate a report/log which I can submit to VMware.

Edited to add:

Good news and bad new. The good news is that I now have an error report. The bad news obviously is that switching to 2.0 didn't work.

gregyurkon, Dec 15, 2015
  5. I'm a firm believer in the maxim, "If all else fails, read the instructions," but, in this case, the instructions didn't tell me anything I didn't already figure out. I uninstalled the Player and reinstalled it, to no avail. I did discover that, if I ignore the fact that the docs and the menus say that it's possible to switch the USB back to the host system, and leave it connected to the VM, things work just fine. Switching the USB back and forth worked when I first installed the Player. I don't know what changed.

gregyurkon, Dec 16, 2015
  6. Superfly Win User
    This is really annoying - it's a VC++ runtime error regarding virtual protection - strangely enough USB swapping does not work on VMWare 12.1 on Linux either ( no error, just does not appear as a connected device on reconnect)

Superfly, Dec 19, 2015
  7. Thanks for the information. Fortunately, right now, I don't need the USB ports on the VM; it's easier to transfer files with copy/paste. I just need to make sure that the VM isn't infected first.

gregyurkon, Dec 20, 2015
  8. eastman Win User

My VMware Player has been crashing a lot

My VMware Workstation 12 gets the C++ errors when I try using a USB device (that doesn't exist, but is labeled as one that does). Only fix: end the vmware process in taskmanager, which causes the VMware to think it's "running" and so I have to restart my PC because I can't take over the running but not running vm. I also get this error when trying to update MSDOS to Win 95...

eastman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

My VMware Player has been crashing a lot

1. My VMware Player has been crashing a lot - Similar Threads - VMware Player has

2. My computer has been crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been crashed: After all the efforts, all I get is this screen.Don't know the reason of this cause.Hoping that you will help me in this matter.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-crashed/ab819ff8-da0d-4cf9-b35c-d90a30d17736
  3. My computer has been crashed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has been crashed: After all the efforts, all I get is this screen.Don't know the reason of this cause.Hoping that you will help me in this matter.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-crashed/ab819ff8-da0d-4cf9-b35c-d90a30d17736
  4. My computer has been crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer has been crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has been crashing randomly: My computer has been crashing every other day or so. I've tried WhoCrashed and I cant really figure out the issue.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Air3S_1nE5KNigdoO9jI0wn0RECS?e=KMZGjcIntel Core i7 10700K ASRock H510M-HDV/M.2 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030...
  6. VMware Player not compatible

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware Player not compatible: Upgrading to 2004 and received this popup: [img] Works fine in 1903 167921
  7. My laptop has been crashing randomly

My laptop has been crashing randomly: My laptop has been crashing randomly. youtube, games, just turning it on There has been 2 stop codes that I see; ''Thread stuck in device driver'' and ''DPC Watchdog Violation'' I just bought this laptop and the only thing I've done is installed an extra 8GB of RAM. I've...
  8. My computer has been crashing a lot lately and it's frustating!

My computer has been crashing a lot lately and it's frustating!: I'll be working on my YOGA laptop when all of a sudden I'll get a blue screen with PAGE FAULT IN NONE PAGED AREA and the file that isn't working is netwtw06.sys the computer crashes and force restarts so I lose all my work, please help!...
  9. This has been poping up on my computer a lot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This has been poping up on my computer a lot: [IMG] This is a screenshot I took of a window that has been appearing out of nowhere on my computer for no reason at all, saying that there is spyware and a virus on my laptop, and that I visited an illegal website that I would end up in prison for, and asking for my...
  10. VMware Player 12 crash

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware Player 12 crash: So I decided to dig out some old operating system install disks to play with on my PC. However, when the OS install requires a reboot, the VM breaks and gives endless C++ runtime errors indicating something in regards to "pure functions", no error number visible on screen. To...