Windows 10: My VPN server has stopped working - Route and Remote Access error

Discus and support My VPN server has stopped working - Route and Remote Access error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Several months ago I set up a VPN server using Windows 10 (the method I used is described in this tutorial: How To Setup a VPN in Windows 10 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hoggorm, May 4, 2017.

1. Hoggorm Win User

My VPN server has stopped working - Route and Remote Access error

Hi,

Several months ago I set up a VPN server using Windows 10 (the method I used is described in this tutorial: How To Setup a VPN in Windows 10 - YouTube)

This has been working fine until last week when I suddenly was unable to connect to my VPN server at home (I connect to it when at work).

I have checked my routers port forwarding rules and cannot find anything wrong there.

When I follow the tutorial mentioned above I get an error message when trying to set up a new server. The message is in Norwegian but it reads something like:

Windows cannot set up a connection

Incoming connections depend on the service Route and Remote Access, and it could not be started. See the event log for more information

I'd be very happy if someone could help me fix this.

:)

Hoggorm, May 4, 2017

2. Cannot create New Incoming Connection

I was attempting to setup an incoming VPN connection so I could securely connect to a remote machine of mine (non-domain). In Network Connections I go to File -> New Incoming Connection. I select the user, check off 'Through the Internet', then click
    'Allow Access'.

I get the error:

Windows could not create your connection

Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log.

In the System event log I have Event 7024:

The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with the following service-specific error:

General access denied error

In services, Routing and Remote Access is set to start automatic, but it is stopped. When I try to start it I get the following error:

The Routing and Remote Access service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1703 build 15063.138

NickChristodoulou1, May 4, 2017
  3. RNielsen Win User
    Need help Windows 10 VPN and Remote Desktop Connection

When your using a VPN connection to create an remote desktop connection to your work PC

The RRAS (Routing and Remote Access Server) vill assign you a uniqe port number.

That port number is between 49152 - 65535.

So in order for the remote desktop connection to work, you need to add that port range allong with port 3389, in your firewall allow list

Here is how it works, and the port numbers:

Home PC----3389---VPN ---3389---Company Router/Firewall---3389---RRAS---49152-65535---Work PC

RNielsen, May 4, 2017
  4. Hoggorm Win User

Anyone who knows how to start the Route and Remote Access service..?

Hoggorm, May 10, 2017
Thema:

1. My VPN server has stopped working - Route and Remote Access error - Similar Threads - VPN server has

2. Remote Desktop has stopped working and I cant access my remote server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop has stopped working and I cant access my remote server: All of a sudden remote desktop has stopped working and I cant access it. Some background first:The remote server is running the latest version of Windows 11. Normally when I try to login from the client I open "OpenVPN" create a connection and then run the MRD app. The client...
  3. Remote Desktop has stopped working and I cant access my remote server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop has stopped working and I cant access my remote server: All of a sudden remote desktop has stopped working and I cant access it. Some background first:The remote server is running the latest version of Windows 11. Normally when I try to login from the client I open "OpenVPN" create a connection and then run the MRD app. The client...
  4. Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration: Hi all ,After configuring a RRAS service on 2019 windows server, I was able to have an internet access from the server, but I am not able to ping any of RRAS clients even though I can ping the server IP, not able also to reach any local service, The IPv4 router checkbox is...
  5. Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration: Hi all ,After configuring a RRAS service on 2019 windows server, I was able to have an internet access from the server, but I am not able to ping any of RRAS clients even though I can ping the server IP, not able also to reach any local service, The IPv4 router checkbox is...
  6. Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. VPN remote access

VPN remote access: Hi all, I am new to the platform. I was very excited to find the group. I've been given a situation of cleaning up a contractors config and they arent being very forthcoming, so any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have a situation with WIndows 10 pro laptops with mapped...
  8. Routing and remote access services VPN problem.

Routing and remote access services VPN problem.: Hi! I have a problem with my windows 10.. I try to create a incoming connection VPN and if a try i get that screen: [ATTACH] Sorry for the Hungarian but I'am Hungarian.. So thats screen says "The incoming connections depend on the routung and remote access sevice, that...
  9. Routing and Remote Access Automated CSV

Routing and Remote Access Automated CSV: Hi all, I was wondering if I could get some help on this script that I have been working on. It's a small script and it works perfectly fine but the only issue I am having is getting the script to run by itself at a certain time. The server that this will be running on...
  10. VPN and remote access

VPN and remote access: Hello all, It is possible to VPN to a secondary network while using my local network's internet connection AND keep the ability to remote to machines on the secondary network? Accomplishing the first two steps in not and issue....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server 2019 routing and remote access error 7024