Windows 10: My W10 PIN settings are screwed....

Discus and support My W10 PIN settings are screwed.... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Yesterday I had an error logging in, and after a reboot my PIN doesn't work. I go to add a PIN and it prompts me for my existing PIN. I type in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by boxall, Mar 1, 2017.

1. boxall Win User

My W10 PIN settings are screwed....

Yesterday I had an error logging in, and after a reboot my PIN doesn't work.

I go to add a PIN and it prompts me for my existing PIN. I type in anything and it does nothing.

So I can't enable and I can't disable. I love the PIN concept as I am on a Hybrid.

Any assistance would be superb. I really don't want to rebuild.

:)

boxall, Mar 1, 2017
  2. TR5407 Win User

Windows 10 - PIN v Password

I have upgraded to W10, my children have been using a PIN to sign in to the family laptop. Following upgrade one child is unable to use PIN and is instead asked for the full (and complex) password, the other's settings have migrated across without issue.

What can I do to get W10 to allow PIN as sign in as all obvious settings are dead ends?

TR5407, Mar 1, 2017
  3. Marleesc Win User
    Just started using w10. will not let me add a pin in the settings or access my account.

Just started using w10. will not let me add a pin in the settings or access my account.

Marleesc, Mar 1, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 1, 2017
  5. boxall Win User
    There is no option to remove. It always just says Add. Click on Add and it prompts you for your old PIN...type in anything......bizzare.

boxall, Mar 1, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 1, 2017
  7. boxall Win User
    Microsoft Account. Will try local and see what happens.

boxall, Mar 1, 2017
  8. boxall Win User

Ran the MS account troubleshooter first and now there is NO login option at all. Screen appears, but no prompt. Oh dear.

boxall, Mar 1, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Oh my. That's ok. Switching your MSA to a local account and back to a MSA should sort most issues like this.

Brink, Mar 1, 2017
  10. boxall Win User
    Can login again after a few attempts. Went to local - tried to add a pin...prompted me for local password and that was it.

No prompt for PIN. No PIN. Going back to MSA and see.

During signin it trys to setup a PIN. "Something went wrong". We weren't able to set up your PIN...".

Maybe time to reset the PC.

boxall, Mar 1, 2017
  11. boxall Win User
    PS. My NGC folder is now empty as per other recommendations. But nothing I do is repopulating it.

boxall, Mar 1, 2017
  12. boxall Win User
    Going to use a picture password for now. Shame as I loved the PIN concept but something has died.

boxall, Mar 1, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Have you tried switching the account yet?

Brink, Mar 1, 2017
  14. boxall Win User
    Actually going to rebuild as it looks like bitlocker on my SD card is now also screwed. Aggghhhh!!!

boxall, Mar 1, 2017
  15. boxall Win User
    yes to local and back again. No change.

boxall, Mar 1, 2017
Thema:

1. My W10 PIN settings are screwed.... - Similar Threads - W10 PIN settings

2. Initial set up screwed up my scaling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initial set up screwed up my scaling?: At some point when setting up my new computer it asked me if i wanted to do something with the scaling. I chose yes but now everything is zoomed in and I don't know how to fix it. I have to put chrome at 80% zoom, I cant see all of the steam app without using sliders and same...
  3. Initial set up screwed up my scaling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Initial set up screwed up my scaling?: At some point when setting up my new computer it asked me if i wanted to do something with the scaling. I chose yes but now everything is zoomed in and I don't know how to fix it. I have to put chrome at 80% zoom, I cant see all of the steam app without using sliders and same...
  4. my files are screwed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my files are screwed: i chose to try and open a file with a program and now it defaults to that and all files i download wont go to a compressed file at all so my file explorer said fuck you i guess it tries to open with 7 zip console and nothing else and i cant figure it out submitted by...
  5. w10 microphone settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 microphone settings: I have a USB microphone and wants the volume to stay at 80%, for some reason it keep changing back to 100% together with a lot of noise. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-microphone-settings/d5c5580c-7283-4660-8692-2eed0b517d4d
  6. Set up my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set up my pin: Hi, I can't do anything no matter what I do. Every time I go onto my computer it keeps on saying "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." Below that message it also comes up "Set up my PIN", I have clicked it many times, it comes up...
  7. Set up my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up my pin: Hi, I can't do anything no matter what I do. Every time I go onto my computer it keeps on saying "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." Below that message it also comes up "Set up my PIN", I have clicked it many times, it comes up...
  8. Set up my pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. My Laptop is screwed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is screwed: My laptop ever since installing Duet which is what i use, keeps telling me it couldn’t repair itself, I have tried everything and nothing works. It also gives me a (GSOD) Green screen of Death[IMG]...
  10. W10 screwed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 screwed up my laptop: I upgraded to w10 pro from w7 pro. I thought all was well, but yesterday the screen went sideways - tried to drag it and went to settings , no help. I restored a saved image (Macrium) and I got the screen back, but it did it again. I installed an external hdd ( has...