Windows 10: My weekly Windows 10 Back up - is taking HOURS and HOURS to complete-

Discus and support My weekly Windows 10 Back up - is taking HOURS and HOURS to complete- in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Have been using windows back up - Windows 10 for sometime. Recently bought a larger 3TB drive and started a new back up. Up until recently - the weekly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by margholdsworth, May 13, 2018.

1. My weekly Windows 10 Back up - is taking HOURS and HOURS to complete-

Have been using windows back up - Windows 10 for sometime.
    Recently bought a larger 3TB drive and started a new back up.
    Up until recently - the weekly incremental back ups were completed in 10 minutes - although last weeks took quite a bit longer - several hours.
    Today - It started at 2pm as usual and at 11.30pm its only 21% completed and I am confused as to WHY.

It seems as tho its copying everything from scratch again.
    I did have FILES and FOLDERS ticked but not sure if I need to do that so have unticked it.
    Would appreciate simple help as getting older and greyer and more confused lol.
    Thanks so much.
    Margaret

:)

margholdsworth, May 13, 2018

2. Windows reset taking hours to complete

its been almost 3 hours and my PC is only one 10% of completion. I need to have it done soon for I am selling it. Should it be taking this long? I have almost 700 gigs used up with 500 being used on hard disk and 200 on ssd.

amanchester, May 21, 2018
  3. Selz58 Win User
    Rolling back taking many hours

I was assisted by Microsoft with rolling back to Windows 7 after it was determined that my Windows 10 install was corrupted, possibly by unstable internet. The rollback has been going for 12 hours (I read elsewhere of one taking 11 hours). The hard drive
    appears active...slow, but active. Thoughts? Help?

Selz58, May 21, 2018
Thema:

My weekly Windows 10 Back up - is taking HOURS and HOURS to complete-

1. My weekly Windows 10 Back up - is taking HOURS and HOURS to complete- - Similar Threads - weekly taking HOURS

2. Windows 11 updates take hours to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates take hours to complete: Hi.I have a laptop that is a couple years old. Its not a slow one, its an ASUS Zenbook with Ryzen 7 4700U, 16Gb of RAM and a 512Gb Kingston NVMe SSD.Everything on the laptop works like a charm, except for Windows updates. Most updates take hours to complete, I usually just...
  3. Windows 11 updates take hours to complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates take hours to complete: Hi.I have a laptop that is a couple years old. Its not a slow one, its an ASUS Zenbook with Ryzen 7 4700U, 16Gb of RAM and a 512Gb Kingston NVMe SSD.Everything on the laptop works like a charm, except for Windows updates. Most updates take hours to complete, I usually just...
  4. Windows 10 install taking hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install taking hours: I'm installing Windows 10 as an update and its been several hours. I'm unsure when the update started, but it says it will restart several times and hasn't. Is this normal?...
  5. Windows takes up to an hour to boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows takes up to an hour to boot: I have reinstalled Windows on this machine, which solved the problem for a couple weeks. The computer itself works with no issue after it's up and running. It's still on an HDD, which doesn't appear to have errors, but I'll run a chkdsk to be sure. I've changed the SATA cable...
  6. WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours!

WIN 10 back-up takes 3+ hours!: Hello; when I do my weekly WIN 10 desktop back-up, it's taking 3 hours or more now. I use Control Panel, System & Security, Back Up & Restore. I upgraded from WIN 7 to 10 years ago, but it still says Back Up & Restore Windows 7. I'm using a 3.0 32GB Sandisk, and my back up...
  7. Windows 10 update takes hours.

Windows 10 update takes hours.: Microsoft, Please make sure that Windows 10 updates are not so painful. I have lost income due to Windows 10 update taking hours, and my laptop was showing circle going round and round, with nothing happening. I lost at least 4.5 hours of income and I am not rich to get these...
  8. Windows 10 not backing up every hour

Windows 10 not backing up every hour: My computer is starting to show signs of wear so I decided to check my external hard drive to see when I had backed up last. The last backup was Oct. 2017, I promptly went to settings and backup and did a manual full backup which is executed just fine. I than set it to backup...
  9. Quick scan takes hours to complete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick scan takes hours to complete: What is going on with quick scan? I ran it yesterday and it took all day to run. Also is there a setting to run automatically. It is set to run real-time so is a scheduled scan unnecessary?...
  10. Boot up takes 2 hours!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot up takes 2 hours!: Alright so after long hours of research I have narrowed down y problem. Long story short I messed with the permissions of my C:\Windows directory and sure enough it has caused issues. Now my computer when powering on will show a light blue screen with spinning dots for hours...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whydoes windows 10 backup take 1 hour one week and four hours the next week

2. windows backup taking twenty minutes one week and three hours the next

3. why would my windows 10 back up go from 4 hours to 72 hours

4. windows backup taking hours,
  5. windows 10 backup taking hours