Windows 10: My Wi-Fi is really slow on Windows but really fast on Android

Discus and support My Wi-Fi is really slow on Windows but really fast on Android in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I use my Wi-Fi on Android it's really fast, but when I use it on Windows it's really slow. I noticed that on windows when I open Youtube and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zartex, Jul 2, 2017.

1. zartex Win User

My Wi-Fi is really slow on Windows but really fast on Android

When I use my Wi-Fi on Android it's really fast, but when I use it on Windows it's really slow. I noticed that on windows when I open Youtube and Google it's fast no problem and I can load 4K videos without buffer, but I tried loading Amazon and Speedtest.net it wouldn't load the page. My Wi-Fi is a business Wi-Fi and it is at 100 mb/s. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

:)

zartex, Jul 2, 2017

2. N8 internet

The native browser on my N8 works pretty fast over 3G but really slow if at all over Wi-Fi.

Opera Mobile 11 on the other hand works great on either 3G or Wi-Fi. So it would seem the native browser doesn't like my wireless router ( or the other way round ).

Ray

Ray Hipkiss, Jul 2, 2017
  3. Slow computer since Windows 10 upgrade.

My computer is running really slowly since it was upgraded to Windows 10, particularly the internet. Also Windows photo viewer is really slow and clunky and frequently crashes. I do not have much technical knowledge, but have removed a lot of files recently,
    so would have expected my computer to speed up, not slow down. I have 771GB free space and 4GB RAM. I regularly use C-cleaner and have disabled peer-to-peer sharing. There is another computer connected to my hub via wi-fi, which runs perfectly. I am connected
    to my hub by wire. On my computer, the internet (using Google Chrome, but Edge is even worse), is very slow to load, as are individual web pages and videos are constantly buffering. On the other wi-fi connected computer, the connections are fast and there
    is no buffering. It makes no difference whether the other computer is on or off. Can anyone help?

Bunty.gower, Jul 2, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

You might need to update the wifi drivers or buy a new wifi card.
    Is your wifi dual band? If so is the computer using the 5G band?

Bastet, Jul 2, 2017
  5. zartex Win User
    I have tried updating the Wi-Fi no luck and yes my Wi-Fi is dual band

zartex, Jul 2, 2017
  6. zartex Win User
    Finally after so many internet searches I have found the solution, I don't know why nobody has mentioned this fix online, basically what I did was first change the DNS server to automatically obtain DNS:
    Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings
    Then right click your Wi-Fi and click properties. Double click internet protocol version 4 and check 'Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically. Then close. After that go to CMD and run as Admin do the command "ipconfig/flushdns". Then go to device manager>Network adapter choose your Wi-Fi Adapter mine is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 3165 right click the adapter and choose update, choose browse my computer and then choose let me pick from a list, choose the first version on the list and BAM the Wi-Fi should work, hope it worked, good luck

zartex, Jul 2, 2017
  7. I made an account just to thank you.

washedpotatoes, Jul 17, 2017
  8. zartex Win User

Thank you, I feel appreciated. *chuckle

zartex, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My Wi-Fi is really slow on Windows but really fast on Android - Similar Threads - really slow really

2. Fast internet but really slow downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast internet but really slow downloads: I am trying to download files on opera I have also tried chrome and the download speed I am getting is 120 KB/s. I thought it may be a problem with the internet nut I am cabled into a TP link Wi-Fi extender using a cat 6 cable. I have checked using a speed test and the...
  3. Fast internet but really slow downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast internet but really slow downloads: I am trying to download files on opera I have also tried chrome and the download speed I am getting is 120 KB/s. I thought it may be a problem with the internet nut I am cabled into a TP link Wi-Fi extender using a cat 6 cable. I have checked using a speed test and the...
  4. Fast internet but really slow downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC: So, I bought this 3 months old PC. When it came, everything was working fine, except for the Wi-Fi connection. It is really unstable and keeps disconnecting, specially when playing videogames or downloading heavy files. For example, I am able to use it perfectly, but when I...
  6. Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi connection is really unstable on PC: So, I bought this 3 months old PC. When it came, everything was working fine, except for the Wi-Fi connection. It is really unstable and keeps disconnecting, specially when playing videogames or downloading heavy files. For example, I am able to use it perfectly, but when I...
  7. Help with a really, really slow pc please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with a really, really slow pc please.: I am running windows 10pro 64bit on a Dell Optiplex 755, Intel Duo Core 2, 3GB ram and its really really slow.So was wondering if there could be a perfect windows 10 that can be compatible with my pc . I was thinking Windows 10 32bit or Windows 10Home 64bit would work maybe?...
  8. Computer Draining really fast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Draining really fast: My little brother plays Minecraft on his course and frequently downloads mods, and I’m not sure if that’s relevant to the problem, but the battery is draining really fast like going to 88 to 79 in five minutes. How do I stop it from draining that fast? submitted by...
  9. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  10. Copying files goes really fast then slows to a crawl.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying files goes really fast then slows to a crawl.: I just got a new 8tb external drive and this started happening. 2.5 gb file mkv It'll have a burst of write speed completing 60-80% and then slow all the way to 0 and just trickle the rest, even though it fluctuates from as low as 5 up to 30-50mb until it's done....