Windows 10: My wide screen laptop suddenly became 1024x768

Discus and support My wide screen laptop suddenly became 1024x768 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a laptop called Acer aspire 5732zg with windows 10. i was sitting in front of my laptop, checking my phone. it happened SUDDENLY, i did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by emin, Nov 23, 2017.

1. emin Win User

My wide screen laptop suddenly became 1024x768

I have a laptop called Acer aspire 5732zg with windows 10.

i was sitting in front of my laptop, checking my phone. it happened SUDDENLY, i did NOTHING!

It became 1024 x 768 but it was 1366 768 (wide screen). When i check the screen settings, only 1024 768 and 800 600 listed, theres nothing like 1366 768.

what can i do? thanks

:)

2. FredBasch Win User

windows 10 screen is stretched

Suddenly, screen became stretched too wide. HP 2010 monitor, windows 10

FredBasch, Nov 23, 2017
  3. My Computer screen is more wider than usual.

Apparently my mom was using the computer, and she said the screen went blank a few times, and then the screen became wide and everything became bigger. (and wider)

Robin Granger, Nov 23, 2017
  4. emin Win User

please help me, i'm desperate

5. Clint Win User
    Download the manufactures vid drivers and block Windows vid driver. This happened to me.

Clint, Nov 23, 2017
  6. donaldp Win User
    This just happened to me too a few hours ago. Further info...

- I have 2 screens, and the 2nd screen isn't being detected (even though it is working and is mirroring the 1st. How can it be displaying stuff and yet be "not detected"? Weird).

- my whole screen is "squashed". i.e. the analogue clock I have on my desktop (ClocX) is an oval, rather than a circle (on my 2nd screen it's the same shape as a Milk Arrowroot biscuit!)

- everything is BIG (despite being set to "100%", not 125% or 150%)

- regardless of what resolution I set the screen to, it fails to change the previous 2 symptoms

I did have a failed Windows Update this morning (1709), and have just tried it again... and watched it. It got to 97% and then just got stuck there. Eventually it failed. Hopefully I then rebooted the computer anyway, but still same symptoms. Don't know if this issue is related to the update or just co-incidental. In any case I need to get it fixed (whether that's by fixing the update or another way). The fact that this has happened to (at least) 2 of us this morning indicates to me that it probably is related to the update (though I don't know why the update is failing or how to fix it).

donaldp, Nov 23, 2017
  7. donaldp Win User
    I have 2 screens - different manufacturers (one AOC, one Dell) - and the 2nd screen isn't being detected (and both screens are squashed), so what would the process be then in this case?

donaldp, Nov 23, 2017
  8. donaldp Win User

This is NOT proving to be straight-forward. :-( Caution ATIAMD Radeon 3000 Windows 10 Upgraders - Microsoft Community

My graphics card not being supported anymore (and I've only had it 18 months!). Anyone else with an AMD computer? Would like to find a resolution, but the only option I haven't tried out of those mentioned, and reluctant to do so, is to revert to my previous Windows build. :-(

donaldp, Nov 23, 2017
  9. kindlorde Win User
    A similar thing happened to me. I was sitting by my computer when the resolution suddenly changed. I discovered that the display settings no longer had the 1920 x 1080 resolution as an option. The only way I solved the problem was to roll back the driver for my graphics card. After doing that, the 1920 x 1080 resolution became available again. I'm not satisfied with this solution, as I should have the 1920 x 1080 resolution as an option with the latest driver.

kindlorde, Nov 23, 2017
  10. donaldp Win User
    donaldp, Nov 23, 2017
  11. Clint Win User
    This is the reply that I received from AMD Tech Support.

But you have mentioned that issue started after windows update and I suspect that windows update overwriting the display driver and install default version of driver on your computer which cause driver conflicts and cause this issue.

I request you to download and install the Windows Show or Hide updates tool and run it and follow the instructions to hide the updates you do not wish to update. You need to hide display driver updates from the list.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-in-windows-10
    And once again perform clean uninstallation of the drivers using DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode. Once the drivers are uninstalled, install all the critical and recommended updates from Windows.
    Then again install the latest AMD drivers on your computer.

Clint, Nov 23, 2017
  12. donaldp Win User
    Thanks. Having FINALLY got my screens working again, was just about to look into how to stop further updates. I'm a bit confused by the link though, as I don't see any option to stop the display drivers updating. I DO see an AMD update, but not sure if that is the same thing in this case? (I have AMD processor with ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics)

My wide screen laptop suddenly became 1024x768 [​IMG]

donaldp, Nov 23, 2017
  13. Clint Win User

This is the Microsoft driver that's giving trouble.

My wide screen laptop suddenly became 1024x768 [​IMG]

Clint, Nov 23, 2017
  14. Burger Win User
    If you can use "roll back" option, do that.

If not, try use AMDCleanupUtility, reboot, wait for Windows to automatically download latest drivers (took about 10-15 minutes for me), then use Rollback options on those drivers in Driver Manager.

Same thing happened yesterday and it worked for me, although I don't have notebook but it was desktop with ATI/AMD Radeon HD4670, WIN 10. Now I have 8.970.100.9001 driver version, which is mentioned in GPU-624 Article Number (works from HD 2000 up to 4000 desktop and mobility series) at AMD website.

Burger, Nov 23, 2017
  15. djr372 Win User
    The same thing just happened to me. Here's what I did to fix it. Open Device Manager (as administrator), find the driver under Display adapters and tap Properties. On the Driver tab, tap Roll Back Driver. There is a way to prevent a Windows Update from changing the drivers but my Windows 10 version does not support it.

djr372, Nov 23, 2017
Thema:

1. My wide screen laptop suddenly became 1024x768 - Similar Threads - wide screen laptop

2. My laptop became really slow all of a sudden Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop became really slow all of a sudden Windows 11: My laptop all of a sudden became really slow. Windows 11. ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IU_TUF506IU AMD ryzen 7 GeForce gtx 1660 ti 16gb ram. Its fps is really low and its speakers are crashing. Please help...
  3. My laptop suddenly became slower?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly became slower?: I usually use my laptop for work/study and since it is the end of the year with exams I'm finding myself studying a lot. However, I noticed when I had a lot of tabs open, my laptop was lagging and becoming very slow. I was quite shocked because this had not happened before...
  4. My laptop suddenly became slower?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop suddenly became slower?: I usually use my laptop for work/study and since it is the end of the year with exams I'm finding myself studying a lot. However, I noticed when I had a lot of tabs open, my laptop was lagging and becoming very slow. I was quite shocked because this had not happened before...
  5. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  6. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  7. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My apps on desktop have became too wide please help..

My apps on desktop have became too wide please help..: Mine is a HP laptop and suddenly after an update all icons became that wide whats a sollution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-on-desktop-have-became-too-wide-please/e8008506-3258-43b3-9b20-e26af4e1ffee
  9. Screen resolution stuck at 1024x768

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen resolution stuck at 1024x768: Good day guys, I am having a screen resolution problem. Recently I have upgraded my rig, and after upgrading, my monitor resolution is stuck at 1024x768. I am using Dell E1912H which Native Resolution 1366 x 768 at 60 Hz, VGA Interfaces. Besides it's showing as non generic...
  10. Wide screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Wide screen: Until an update Wednesday 9/9/20 screen was okay. Then after update everytthing is wide, settings are same as before. 164328