Windows 10: My wifi says wifi 3. How do I fix that?

Discus and support My wifi says wifi 3. How do I fix that? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After installing a dongle I had wifi and wifi 2, where I was able to connect to the 5GHz that was previously impossible since my laptop is far from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by evie, Mar 24, 2018.

1. evie Win User

My wifi says wifi 3. How do I fix that?

After installing a dongle I had wifi and wifi 2, where I was able to connect to the 5GHz that was previously impossible since my laptop is far from the wireless gateway. It only worked for a few months and then quit. I got another one, they are really cheap, thinking I would get lucky. Now I have wifi 3, it wouldn't work properly and I had to keep restarting my computer to find it, when I clicked on properties the properties screen would just flash for a moment and disappear. I gave up. Now when I click on my wifi icon in the task bar it only shows one list, but when I click on properties it says it's wifi 3. I've restored the computer back to 2 days before I got the new dongle. It still says 3. I can't figure out how to make it be back to normal.
    My wifi says wifi 3.  How do I fix that? [​IMG]

:)

2. joydott Win User

wifi getting disconnected continuously on nokia lumia 510

hey, kindly assist. my wifi detects availability of wifi but fails to connect. it stries to connect for about 5-10 seconds then i get a messaage saying "your device could not connect to the wifi". how do i fix this?

joydott, Mar 24, 2018
  3. C7 After update to belle wifi not working

i updated my phone and when i go to wifi it says "system error" i cant view any networks or do anything with wifi ?! anyone know how to fix it ?!

3volution91, Mar 24, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Hi Evie, and welcome to the Forums =)

I'm assuming that's what Windows named the Wi-Fi.

1) Search for, and open, Network Connections
    2) See if it says Wi-Fi 3 there
    3) If it does, then right click on it and press Rename (refer to the picture)
    4) Remove the number 3 from its name

My wifi says wifi 3.  How do I fix that? [​IMG]

pepanee, Mar 24, 2018
Thema:

1. My wifi says wifi 3. How do I fix that? - Similar Threads - wifi says wifi

2. How do I fix my wifi problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my wifi problems: My wifi keeps disconnecting each 5-15 minutes on windows 10 and i have to manually turn it back on; either by clicking connect or by troubleshooter and either ways take at least a minute per time. I have tried so many ways to try to fix this problem and it's never worked....
  3. How do I fix my wifi problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my wifi problems: My wifi keeps disconnecting each 5-15 minutes on windows 10 and i have to manually turn it back on; either by clicking connect or by troubleshooter and either ways take at least a minute per time. I have tried so many ways to try to fix this problem and it's never worked....
  4. Wifi says no Internet, secured how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi says no Internet, secured how do I fix it?: My wifi says no Internet, secured.When I run the Internet connection troubleshooter I get told "security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection" on my windows 11 laptop it mentions in windows defender firewall that the vendor application norton 360 for gaming...
  5. Wifi says no Internet, secured how do I fix it?

Wifi says no Internet, secured how do I fix it?: My wifi says no Internet, secured.When I run the Internet connection troubleshooter I get told "security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection" on my windows 11 laptop it mentions in windows defender firewall that the vendor application norton 360 for gaming...
  6. How do I fix wifi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix wifi?: My laptop is prevented from connecting to the internet whenever I have a pending update. It is Windows 11, so the updates are quite common. Is there a better way to fix this than simply fixing the automatic updates problem?...
  7. How do I fix wifi?

How do I fix wifi?: My laptop is prevented from connecting to the internet whenever I have a pending update. It is Windows 11, so the updates are quite common. Is there a better way to fix this than simply fixing the automatic updates problem?...
  8. How do I fix this issue with my WiFi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this issue with my WiFi?: Hello,I keep running into this problem with my computer. It keeps on switching the Wifi to something that looks like the image below. I dunno how to fix this properly, is there a way to fix this? I only keep fixing it accidentally....
  9. How do I fix this issue with my WiFi?

How do I fix this issue with my WiFi?: Hello,I keep running into this problem with my computer. It keeps on switching the Wifi to something that looks like the image below. I dunno how to fix this properly, is there a way to fix this? I only keep fixing it accidentally....
  10. How do I fix this issue with my WiFi?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my wifi says wifi 3

2. windows 10 wifi 2 cannot rename