Windows 10: My win10 desktop freezes in a non-systematic wat

Discus and support My win10 desktop freezes in a non-systematic wat in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My win10 started freezing following the anneversay update. I've enckosed a zip file produced following the instructions in BSOD - Posting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chermesh, Sep 8, 2017.

1. chermesh Win User

My win10 desktop freezes in a non-systematic wat

Hi,
    My win10 started freezing following the anneversay update.
    I've enckosed a zip file produced following the instructions in BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums.

I appreciate any help.

:)

chermesh, Sep 8, 2017

2. "Hey Cortana" is turned off while you're using a bluetooth microphone

I am also having this exact same problem on a Win10 Pro desktop system. (The thing is the same headset works on my laptop using a non pro win10)

Scott Masterton, Sep 8, 2017
  3. Issues with the Windows 10 Creators Update?

After the latest Windows 10 upgrade, my browser has been freezing up. Chrome freezes so I installed Firefox. Firefox also freezes. Too big of a coincidence for the freezing to begin after the most recent Windows 10 update. There is a systematic bug in
    the latest version of Windows 10.

Please save us all time by asking the developers what is causing this. Everything worked fine before the update.

Robert_5454, Sep 8, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello chermesh,

Something went wrong with your zipfile creation. Please try again.

philc43, Sep 8, 2017
  5. chermesh Win User
    Hi,
    Hope this one is ok.

chermesh, Sep 8, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    I noticed that your hosts file has been modified to avoid activation of Wondershare software. You need to be aware that this site does not tolerate piracy of any software - see Forum rule #4

We can help if you remove all traces of software that is not legally activated. You will have to do this and then post a new set of logfiles.

philc43, Sep 8, 2017
  7. chermesh Win User
    No problem. I"ll get rid of this piece.
    Is there any other issue to deal with? This pc has long history and some other problematic traces may exist.

chermesh, Sep 8, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

It looks like you may have had a virus at some point and it was removed by F-Secure. Let's hope there were no traces left behind that are continuing to cause problems. Clean out everything you can find that you no longer need, post a new set of files and we will see what help we can provide.

philc43, Sep 8, 2017
  9. chermesh Win User
    Hi philc43,
    For a few days, my system seemed to function as expected. I tried, though, to clean using online virus scanners, including norton's tool. The program identified a few problems, failed to clean them and even failed to be uninstalled, Freezing appeared once again.
    This time I had to opt to Safe Mode.
    So, what's wrong again?

chermesh, Sep 9, 2017
  10. philc43 Win User
    As a first step please uninstall all the Kaspersky software. Please use the removal tool here: http://support.kaspersky.com/common/...e.aspx?el=1464

Windows Defender will provide adequate protection for the time being.

Code: BugCheck 19, {d, ffffac060e2424c0, d04ede8199662eea, d04ede8199662eeb} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klbackupdisk.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klbackupdisk.sys[/quote] If you continue to get problems even after Kaspersky has been removed post a new set of files and we can advise further.

philc43, Sep 9, 2017
  11. chermesh Win User
    Hi philc43,
    Looks like you manage to pinpoint the correct source of my system's freeze and I'll like to thanks. Saying so, looks like my specific problem should be approached and publisized not just specifically for the freeze, but for a much more serious implication.
    Following the uninstallation of Kaspesky Free, I tried to open my office 2010.grams worked None of the programs worked! Excel, Outlook etc. I called MS technical support and eventually' after three hours of efforts, the supporter (the second one) opted for a complete cleanout of Office (I could not believe the deletion of how many registry items this package has), Office was reinstalled by the support person. I would"nt be surprised to encounter more problems.
    I wonder what's wrong with a product of such well known company!

chermesh, Sep 12, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan
    4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    5) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

6) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

7) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)
    8) Evaluate the performance on your computer in clean boot during typical use.
    9) Are the boots faster or slower?
    10) Are the shutdowns faster or slower?
    11) How has the audio and video performance changed? Is it better, worse, or the same?
    12) How have the hangs and freezes changed? Are they better, worse, or the same?
    13) Continue using clean boot indefinitely to monitor performance.
    14) post a new zip:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Sep 12, 2017
  13. chermesh Win User

Windows PowerShell
    Copyright (C) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    575488 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    21724 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    839132 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    131823 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    34794928 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

232442474 KB total disk space.
    143650900 KB in 367302 files.
    262572 KB in 131824 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    691202 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    87837800 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    58110618 total allocation units on disk.
    21959450 allocation units available on disk.
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

chermesh, Sep 12, 2017
  14. chermesh Win User
    I'm running my pc with the limited configuration.
    While startup is shorter, Firefox stopped. I have no problem running Chrome.
    Please instruct my whether to let the system for a few days' let's say, a week, and then report, or do you prefer a report for each and every problem I encounter.
    In addition, please instruct me whether to uninstall and reinstall Firefox (or any defunct program) or whether to wait for a more comprehensive report.

chermesh, Sep 12, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    When there are problems you can identify the problem and post a new zip.
    For mozilla firefox please save your bookmarks to another browser then uninstall and reinstall.
    For booting there are generally 3 categories that you can use regularly: normal boot, selective boot, and clean boot.
    Normal boot is having any non-Microsoft application start with the boot.
    Selective boot is having only a few software programs start with boot (the most frequently used)
    Clean boot is having no non-Microsoft applications start with boot and turning them on when needed.
    The purposed of the clean boot is to have the fastest boot times and to find out if there are any non-Microsoft applications that are conflicting with other applications.
    So if you can maintain clean boot that will be the best computer environment for the troubleshooting.

Microsoft Community

zbook, Sep 12, 2017
Thema:

1. My win10 desktop freezes in a non-systematic wat - Similar Threads - win10 desktop freezes

2. Laptop systematic problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop systematic problem: When I power on laptop it open second window page and there is no taskbar in laptop start bottom not show in down sitting also not opened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-systematic-problem/baa8d65e-b357-4871-babd-dcfa05e365b3
  3. Laptop systematic problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop systematic problem: When I power on laptop it open second window page and there is no taskbar in laptop start bottom not show in down sitting also not opened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-systematic-problem/baa8d65e-b357-4871-babd-dcfa05e365b3
  4. MY Desktop Freezes Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY Desktop Freezes Randomly: Hello Guys! Please help me with my desktop. I build a new one and experience this problem. It freezes randomly even I used it only in browsing the internet. Every time it freezes, I cannot open the task manager and any other application. Due to this, I always do the hard...
  5. Update systematically removes network drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update systematically removes network drivers: The hardware is MSI Titan GT80 SLI. Updated to 20H2 The last major update (1909 IIRC) wiped my network drivers, had to reinstall drivers and all was fine again. Did the 20H2 update yesterday, came back with 2 annoying problems. Cannot connect either via wifi or ethernet....
  6. WIN10 Freezes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WIN10 Freezes?: Has anyone else experienced Windows 10 freezing after refreshing the background, or just switching applications? It doesn’t happen all the time, but when I refresh the background or try to open up Radeon settings sometimes it leaves the lettering there stuck. I can still...
  7. My windows freeze non-stop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows freeze non-stop: My windows randomly freeze and un-freeze non-stop. I tried the following: reinstalling the latest video driver restarting the computer cleaning the computer running tests on the hard drive and memory (found nothing) reinstalling the latest firmware of my main drive closing...
  8. My Desktop is freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop is freezing: After a half-hour of working the desktop stops working and I have to do a hard shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-is-freezing/785a7c13-9102-4450-ad03-d6fd25c0a0d9
  9. My win10 freezes ramdomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My win10 freezes ramdomly: I am a student who is studying deep learning, and I tried to run U-net in python with anaconda on Windows. But the system suddenly froze when the program was running(And it never froze before), so I restarted my device. And it seemed normal. After a few minutes, it suddenly...
  10. Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.: Hi, Windows 10 is freezing on my custom PC. It does boot to safe mode, though. I was able to do a little work on it there, but it didn't resolve the issue. I checked my reliability report and found a few items. Here they are. Adobe Acrobat DC Windows Installer reconfigured...