Windows 10: My Win10 does not have dvr burner

Discus and support My Win10 does not have dvr burner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.483) [img] I downloaded an iso of my version and tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tcebob, Aug 8, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

My Win10 does not have dvr burner

HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.483)

My Win10 does not have dvr burner [​IMG]

I downloaded an iso of my version and tried to burn it to dvr. Got error comment shown. I thought Win 10 came with burner by default but maybe this HP installation excluded it for some reason. How can I install it?

:)

tcebob, Aug 8, 2017
  2. Mike_930 Win User

Need to fix XBOX game dvr or suggestions for a recording software just like xbox game dvr

I have downloaded and tried the msi after burner but it is not like xbox game dvr because xbox game dvr gives no lag and good quality. Please help me fix game dvr

Mike_930, Aug 8, 2017
  3. windows dvd maker for windows 10

Apple has no easy to use DVR burner, that I have found. I bought an IMac because I have always heard it was user friendly. I regret the purchase. I despise "proprietary" closed systems.

BobMangham, Aug 8, 2017
  4. tcebob Win User

Sunova Beach. I downloaded DeepBurner and tried to burn. I am told this is not a writing drive. Does anyone want to buy a slightly used HP Pavilion? I will negotiate.

tcebob, Aug 8, 2017
  5. You could always use a USB stick.

ArnoldLayne, Aug 8, 2017
  6. bobkn Win User
    What drive do you have?

I was surprised a few years ago when my employer at the time provided me a Dell PC with a DVD-ROM drive. (Not a burner.) The silly *******s did it to prevent data theft. (The USB ports were also blocked from using drives.) I was surprised that read-only drives were still made.

bobkn, Aug 8, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    It could be important to note that a CD/DVD RW-/+ drive is needed, DVR usually is associated with Cable or Satellite control boxes. Most CD/DVD drives will have their support features on the face of the disc tray. If no room in the machine for the drive there are External USB portable drives available, I have both an HP and an LG.

Berton, Aug 8, 2017
  8. Flashorn Win User

I have looked up your PC and from what I can tell, it is a writer.

Looked at different PC 570-pxxx and they all have a writer. You sure the drive is Not a writer?

Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are no yellow triangles or gray question marks
    beside any of the entries, specifically besides the DVD drive?

You just might need a driver and from the HP site would be better.

Flashorn, Aug 8, 2017
  9. tcebob Win User
    Thanks, people. I have already added an external hard drive because the damn thing has no extra connections on the motherboard. The idea of yet another external drive is not inviting. Anyway, there is no Disk Burn utility on the version of Win 10 home the HP provided. I already tried the usb stick route. No, it will not boot from the usb stick. It will not boot from anything but the installed hard drive. Meaning that if my system fails I'm doomed.

tcebob, Aug 8, 2017
  10. tcebob Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion. There doesn't seem to be anything in Device Manager out of the ordinary. I will try to contact HP, maybe it's a driver matter.

tcebob, Aug 8, 2017
  11. Flashorn Win User
    Expand the DVD drive entry in Device Manager {little arrow} and look at the manufacturer name.

Report the name here and maybe we can help find a driver or if the drive is really just a reader.

Flashorn, Aug 8, 2017
  12. tcebob Win User

This is all there is. Is it enough to do what I want?

tcebob, Aug 8, 2017
  13. Eagle51 Win User

Hey tcebob,
    In Device Manager expand (little arrow) by the DVD/CD-ROM Drives you should see the manufactures name/model of your dvd/cd. Like this ... mine is a Matshita.

Note: The Microsoft Virtual DVD-ROM is used when you mount an ISO.

Eagle51, Aug 8, 2017
  14. Flashorn Win User
    Go to Device Manager and expand the DVD-ROM entry.

This should tell us who built the DVD drive:

Flashorn, Aug 8, 2017
  15. spunk Win User
    spunk, Aug 9, 2017
Thema:

1. My Win10 does not have dvr burner - Similar Threads - Win10 does dvr

2. does Win10 Home or Pro come with a DVD Burner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does Win10 Home or Pro come with a DVD Burner?: Does either W10 Home or Pro come with an app to burn DVD's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-win10-home-or-pro-come-with-a-dvd-burner/6aa6e212-93a9-43cb-8937-7f5340db6fde
  3. does Win10 Home or Pro come with a DVD Burner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does Win10 Home or Pro come with a DVD Burner?: Does either W10 Home or Pro come with an app to burn DVD's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-win10-home-or-pro-come-with-a-dvd-burner/6aa6e212-93a9-43cb-8937-7f5340db6fde
  4. cd burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd burner: My windows 10 reads but does not write a cd /dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-burner/bf0d6438-7208-4e57-a0e7-59a356a47a9a
  5. I have a problem with Game DVR

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a problem with Game DVR: I used Game DVR regularly and it worked perfectly fine till I updated to the newest version when it stopped working and the message popped "PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for Game DVR". I tried solutions on Google but none seem to work. So I'm asking does anyone...
  6. Does Game DVR record in HEVC or AVC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Game DVR record in HEVC or AVC?: submitted by /u/SomeYotedThing [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2ajsl/does_game_dvr_record_in_hevc_or_avc/
  7. DVR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVR: my iwatch DVR camera wont connect and displays error cant connect,i don't know what to do .thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvr/ac104892-f260-400a-907a-1d0349188184
  8. burner

burner: Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver....
  9. Does Game DVR work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Game DVR work?: I downloaded the xbox app game asphalt 8 : airborne, love the car racing game, decided to make a clip of it using game dvr (windows key + G), hit red dot to start recording, it does, but then when I come back to it to hit the red dot again to stop recording, it says it cant...
  10. No DVD Burner in win10

No DVD Burner in win10: After putting together some clips from my mobile and camera on Adobe Premier Pro, I tried unsuccessfully to burn the result to disc so it could be played in a DVD player. I have just learned that win 10 has dropped that facility (although I was able to copy a clip to a DVD-R...