Windows 10: My windows 10 computer will not play or recognize a CD in the disc drive

Discus and support My windows 10 computer will not play or recognize a CD in the disc drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I get My windows 10 computer to play or recognize a CD in the disc drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shellmound, Jul 4, 2018.

1. My windows 10 computer will not play or recognize a CD in the disc drive

How do I get My windows 10 computer to play or recognize a CD in the disc drive?

:)

shellmound, Jul 4, 2018

2. My windows 10 computer will not play or recognize a CD in the disc drive

How do I get My windows 10 computer to play or recognize a CD in the disc drive?

shellmound, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won't play, rip, or recognize any audio cd's

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now when I put a cd in the drive it won't play them or even recognize that there's a cd in the drive. Windows Media Player would always play the cd and I would use that program to rip music. Even File Explorer doesn't
    even list or recognize that there is a cd in the drive. I have new cd's that I want to rip into my computer and I cannot and it's really starting to frustrate me. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a solution or have a suggestion on how to
    fix this issue?

Jeff198366, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

My windows 10 computer will not play or recognize a CD in the disc drive

CD plays one disc incorrectly

For us to isolate the issue, we would like to clarify if you were referring to another computer when you said
    "The CD plays fine elsewhere so it is OK." on your first post. If so, is it both running Windows 10 version?

To identify the exact reason why the issue is happening, we suggest playing the disc manually using the steps below:

• Type File Explorer on Cortana/Search bar, then click it.
    • On the File Explorer window, click This PC.
    • Right-click on the CD drive then, click Open.
      My windows 10 computer will not play or recognize a CD in the disc drive 7415d552-8599-4d63-8121-16dc57c5d669.png
    • The music files will show up, choose a certain music to play.

Let us know if the music will respond accordingly.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

My windows 10 computer will not play or recognize a CD in the disc drive

1. My windows 10 computer will not play or recognize a CD in the disc drive - Similar Threads - computer play recognize

2. Optical drive recognized, discs spins but does not play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical drive recognized, discs spins but does not play: A friend asked me to re-install Window 10 due to a failing Hard drive. After the install incl. all current (20H2) MS updates I encounter the following problem. The Optical drive displays in File Manager (and Device Manger) but does not auto play and discs. When manually...
  3. External CD drive not recognized in Windows 10

External CD drive not recognized in Windows 10: Hi! I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Flex 14 laptop. When I plug in my external CD drive which uses 2 USB ports, the drive spins the disk like it's connecting maybe this is just because it is drawing power but never appears as a device on my computer. No "eject hardware"...
  4. my computer will not recognize my disc drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer will not recognize my disc drive: why won't my computer recognize my disc drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-recognize-my-disc-drive/f943c5d7-b655-452b-8fa5-8300881aca22
  5. How do I play a picture CD on my disc drive?

How do I play a picture CD on my disc drive?: How do I play a photo CD in my disc drive? There is no CD icon on my desktop. I have inserted the disc but cannot get more than one picture to play in Slideshow....
  6. DVD/CD-ROM drive can't recognize disc

DVD/CD-ROM drive can't recognize disc: My optical drive is ATAPI iHAS124 F, and when I put a disc in, the disc doesn't show on File Explorer. When I try to open the disc in VLC Media Player, it doesn't load, and if I select DVD RW Drive (E:) when it has the disc, it would show the hourglass and then not respond....
  7. My CD/DVD drive will sometimes not recognize or play a CD when inserted, why?

My CD/DVD drive will sometimes not recognize or play a CD when inserted, why?: My CD/DVD drive in my desktop computer (HP) will sometimes not do anything when I insert a CD. At times, when I attempt to open it by the use of file manager, it will open the drive, as if to "throw out" the CD, One CD I tried to use was a new program I bought. I tried it...
  8. Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc

Windows 10 DVD / CD drive not detecting disc: I believe there is a problem with my DVD/Cd drive not detecting my blank CD-R I am trying to burn a back up to CD from Windows Media Player But when I put my blank cd in it doesn't see it Same goes for trying to play a cd too I have tried with iTunes...same problem....
  9. Windows 10 not recognizing my cd drive

Windows 10 not recognizing my cd drive: Suddenly today Windows 10 doesn't recognize my CD drive. Help anybody? 49821
  10. Windows 10 does not recognize Disc Drive

Windows 10 does not recognize Disc Drive: After installing Windows 10 (I had 7 before), my computer does not recognize the D: Drive at all. I have a Lenovo H410 Desktop (Lenovo Windows 7PC). My scans show that all my drivers are updated, but there does not seem to be a driver for the disc drive. Is that what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why will windows 10 not recognize a cd

2. my laptop will not recognize my disc drive windows 10

3. windows 10 not recognizing cd disc in drive