Windows 10: My Windows 10 does not detect microphone plugged in, Lenovo

Discus and support My Windows 10 does not detect microphone plugged in, Lenovo in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have new Lenovo P51 with Windows 10. I see this as an ongoing issue with many other users and it seems like Microsoft bug , when you plug your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sal_10, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Sal_10 Win User

My Windows 10 does not detect microphone plugged in, Lenovo

Hi, I have new Lenovo P51 with Windows 10.

I see this as an ongoing issue with many other users and it seems like Microsoft bug , when you plug your headset in the jack, windows never detects that headset in recording or playback devices, though it works fine for sound but not for Microphone. My recording level stays quiet low in connected headset and other person cannot hear well. I have tried with different headets, Sony, Beats and skull candy but same issue.

I need a fix from Microsoft or if the community has an answer since this is really bothersome.

My Windows 10 does not detect microphone plugged in, Lenovo b8b764a8-a42b-48c6-8654-b7b49ce24933?upload=true.png

My Windows 10 does not detect microphone plugged in, Lenovo 114ed853-6d50-4428-938c-408e6a46a3ff?upload=true.png

Sal

:)

Sal_10, Jul 28, 2018

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Microphone not being detected on Windows 10

I'm on a Lenovo Z50-75 Signature Edition, and any form of external microphone I plug in via the microphone jack are not being detected. They don't even appear in the recording devices tab. Any help/more information needed?

ALegoBuilder, Jul 28, 2018
  4. My Windows 10 does not detect microphone plugged in, Lenovo

Microphone "No Plugged in"

Hi Maddie,

The challenge you're experiencing with connecting your microphone to your Windows 10 laptop might be due to a misconfiguration of the audio driver. Some devices require a specific driver from the device manufacturer's support page in order to function correctly.
    That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 laptop?
    To verify the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC, click the Start button, type About
    your PC, and then press Enter.

For the time being, we suggest running the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. This tool will scan and fix issues detected with your device drivers. Make sure that the microphone is connected before running the tool. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot.
    • Select Hardware and Devices under
      Find and fix other problems.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

My Windows 10 does not detect microphone plugged in, Lenovo

1. My Windows 10 does not detect microphone plugged in, Lenovo - Similar Threads - does detect microphone

2. Lenovo Legion Slim 7 Microphone Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Legion Slim 7 Microphone Not Detected: I plugged in my HyperX Cloud Stinger 2 Core and my laptop only detected it as headphones. The microphone is not detected. If I recall correctly, there should be an option of Realtek Audio Microphone when there is a plugged headset. However, there is none. How do I fix this?...
  3. The Lenovo Legion not detecting the microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Lenovo Legion not detecting the microphone: Hello, I have a problem with connecting any microphone to my laptop. I tried multiple times, searched through Internet for the solution without any results. I have only one jack for both headphones and mic. The problem is when I plug the only the mic I can not change the...
  4. The Lenovo Legion not detecting the microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Lenovo Legion not detecting the microphone: Hello, I have a problem with connecting any microphone to my laptop. I tried multiple times, searched through Internet for the solution without any results. I have only one jack for both headphones and mic. The problem is when I plug the only the mic I can not change the...
  5. Condenser Microphone Not Detected Plugged into the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Condenser Microphone Not Detected Plugged into the computer: Hello, I recently have got a laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I have plugged my external microphone into the laptop and it has not been detected by the computer. I have connected the microphone to my Chromebook and it works perfectly. Does anyone know how to fix...
  6. Why does windows not detect when I’ve plugged in a headphone jack microphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does windows not detect when I’ve plugged in a headphone jack microphone?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/johhnygisthereal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpsp3o/why_does_windows_not_detect_when_ive_plugged_in_a/
  7. Windows will not detect microphone plugged into headphone jack.

Windows will not detect microphone plugged into headphone jack.: I am using Windows 10. I have a Neewer NW-700 microphone (driverless condenser mic), and am using it along with a Neewer 48v Phantom Power Supply. However, the microphone does not show up in the sound control panel, even with the 'Show Disabled Devices' checked....
  8. Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected

Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected: Recently, I tried using my microphone, yet found it wasn't working despite using it only a few weeks prior. I went through a few settings and found out that my microphone is apparently (which is set to default by the way) not plugged, however it definitely is as I can see it...
  9. External Microphone not detecting when plugged in

External Microphone not detecting when plugged in: I am trying to set up my new Dell Vostro 3670 desktop running Windows 10 pro and I need voice input to the computer. When I plugged in a headset into the headset port (port 5) on the front of the computer , I got the following message when I tried to troubleshoot the...
  10. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 external mic not plugged in

2. lenovo does not detect my external microphone

3. nu vot

4. lenovo laptop not reading headset mic,
  5. lenovo microphone not plugged in,
  6. windows doesnt see mic plugged in?,
  7. no microphones work lenovo windows 10,
  8. windows detect microphone,
  9. why get speaker not plug in in lenovo computer windows 10,
  10. windows 10 microphone plugged in but i do not see it in device manager,
  11. microphone not plugged in windows 10,