Windows 10: My windows 10 has no startup/ shudown ... sound

Discus and support My windows 10 has no startup/ shudown ... sound in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi my windows has no sound either when I startup the PC or when I shut it down. and I know my speakers are working Is there a way how I can enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gremar, Nov 12, 2016.

1. gremar Win User

My windows 10 has no startup/ shudown ... sound

Hi my windows has no sound either when I startup the PC or when I shut it down. and I know my speakers are working
    Is there a way how I can enable it?

Thank you

:)

gremar, Nov 12, 2016

2. turned on computer this morning, OS is now Windows 7!

Received a call from a friend. Windows 10 installed about 6 months ago. TrendMicro A/V offered to speed up her startup, so why not. After several hours, she forced shudown. When she turned computer on this morning, it was back to Windows 7.

Any idea why? Is there a way to go back to Windows 10? I know - she should have done an image backup! Some people never learn.

jimdandy45, Nov 12, 2016
  3. No startup sound in Windows 10

Hi,

Your pc is perfectly fine. Windows 10 devices don't play a startup sound.

Actually Windows 10 has a feature called fast startup. So something related to this

is the reason that Windows 10 don't play startup sound.

====================

So, It's a feature

WoozyWig514888, Nov 12, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

The Windows 10 default sound scheme doesn't have start up and shut down sounds, sorry.
    You will need to either create your own, or find a theme that has one.
    A good place to start: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14023
    I think Age of Empires has one, and Gears of War, and Halo have them.
    To turn on and/or change, go to Control Panel/Sound,
    a window called sound will open,
    go to the Sounds tab,
    check the box Play Windows startup sound:

My windows 10 has no startup/ shudown ... sound [​IMG]

Cliff S, Nov 12, 2016
  5. gremar Win User
    Hi Thank you for the reply, yes the themes with sound don't appeal me I am afraid, is there a tutorial for adding startup and shutdown event?
    Thank you

gremar, Nov 12, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    No there is no tutorial here for that. but maybe this will help get you started:
    Just create your custom wav files and call them Windows Logon Sound/Windows Logoff Sound/Windows Shutdown/Windows Startup.
    For some great wav sound files check out here: WavSource.com: Free Wav Files and Sound Bites when the sound player at the site shows and plays the sound in the browser, just right click and you can then download the sound*Wink
    Here to get you started the old school Windows sounds, just click, download, open properties and unblock them and place in C:\Windows\Media(you can create a folder her too, for your custom sounds) then set then them in like I said above:

Windows Logon Sound.wav
    Windows Logoff Sound.wav
    Windows Startup.wav
    Windows Shutdown.wav

Plus a bonus for you, I just got it today and decided to use it for incoming Mail :
    2-23_omega_bridge_sfx.wav

Cliff S, Nov 12, 2016
  7. gremar Win User
    Thank you very much Cliff S I will give it a try and let you know.

gremar, Nov 12, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

You're welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My windows 10 has no startup/ shudown ... sound - Similar Threads - has startup shudown

2. Startup sound for windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup sound for windows 10: Hi everyone, who read this post. Can you give me the startup sound for windows 10, please? The startup sound win 10 look like windows 7 and vista. Thank you so much!...
  3. Windows 10 auto shudown?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 auto shudown?: So I recently upgrade to windows 10 and I launch games and like 5 minutes my whole pc shut down if I didn't launch games like watching youtube it won't shut down only launch games....
  4. Windows 10 Startup Sound

Windows 10 Startup Sound: Hello, I've seen many questions like mine but none fixed my problem: I tried changing my PC's startup sound going to regedit, Windows Logon and putting ExcludeFromCPL from 1 to 0. "Play Windows Startup sound" is checked, and the only startup sound that i can find in the Sound...
  5. Windows 10 Startup Sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Startup Sound: Hello, I want to ask how to change the startup sound of Windows 10, not the logon or logoff sound. I can't find the menu like other windows sound to change. Please help : [ATTACH] I just wanna change the sound....
  6. Windows 10 Startup Sound

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Startup Sound: Hey, I just want to share that Microsoft needs to add a feature to put a feature inWindows 10 Pro or Home that can add any startup sound instead of theWindows 7/Vista sound because I badly want XP sound in my computer... so I want it in the next update of Windows 10......
  7. Windows 10 startup sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 startup sound: How to change the windows 10 start up sound from the sounds list ? Because the log on and off dosent appear in the list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-startup-sound/3a5bbdae-b308-44e2-8f0b-6473cf1f93f4
  8. Windows 10 startup sound

Windows 10 startup sound: i got a question. I have Windows 10 build number 1803 installed. And Ever since the update the windows startup sound will not come on if its the regular default or any other windows default wallpaper. IT will only work when i have a theme installed and i just need to know why...
  9. Windows 10 startup sound

Windows 10 startup sound: I have enabled the start up sound but I am unable to hear it when my laptop starts. I can hear it when I re-start the laptop but when I switch it on after shutting it down, I am not able to hear the startup sound. Please help!...
  10. Windows 10 shudown sount NOT playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shudown sount NOT playing: I turned on the startup sound on the computer and now i decided i need a shutdown sound so i disabled ExcludeFromCpl on system exit in REGEDIT and turned on Exit Windows in sounds i even clicked test and it DOES play, but when i shut down/restart the pc it does NOT play...