Windows 10: My Windows 10 is all crazy, I can not set the brightness, the keys f1

Discus and support My Windows 10 is all crazy, I can not set the brightness, the keys f1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was looking in the M $ site, and saw that to solve the brightness of the stop needed to uninstall the display driver and then install again, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by graxa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. graxa Win User

My Windows 10 is all crazy, I can not set the brightness, the keys f1

I was looking in the M $ site, and saw that to solve the brightness of the stop needed to uninstall the display driver and then install again, but still does not work, nor tighten FN + F2 or F3, so when I go in configurations, does not lower the brightness or drag with the mouse! And besides, all configurations that I had before are gone before I shut the PC tray and he just hibernated, now it shuts down, then again I went in config and yet nothing changes!
    Can anyone help me ?

*Sleepy*Eek*Eek*Eek*Eek*Eek*Eek

:)

graxa, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Scoopsy Win User

Function key alt-functions disabled?

Hello,

Ran into an interesting problem on my ASUS Strix running Windows 10. About half of the alt-functions on my F1-12 keys no longer work (sleep mode [fn+F1], adjusting screen brightness[fn+F5-7]/keyboard brightness [fn+F3-4], etc), as well as the ROG key. Audio
    adjustments with keys F10-12 and screen duplication with F8 still work, but F1-7 seem to have lost their alternate functionality. They still work as regular function keys in other programs, so the keys themselves aren't busted, I just can't seem to use them
    for their intended keyboard/screen management functions.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, no luck.

Any advice? Thanks.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Scoopsy, Aug 19, 2015
  3. f keys

My function keys: f1-12 haven't been working properly since this morning. I have no idea what caused this. I've updated windows updates and restarted my laptop. I am using an dell windws10. I want to use my f keys to adjust brightness and sound, but
    they do not work by simply hitting them, for some reason I have to simultaneously press the "fn" key and then adjust brightness, sound, or music. Please help. Thank you.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

AudielGallegos, Aug 19, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hi graxa and welcome to the forum *Smile

For anyone to help:
    • Please can you state the make and model of your laptop.
    • Please state whether you are using Win10 Home or Pro
    • Please provide full system specs

WhyMe, Aug 19, 2015
  5. graxa Win User
    Samsung Ativ Book 2
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core I5 3230M CPU@ 2.60 GHz
    8 GB / 1TB
    64 BITS
    NVIDEA GFORCE 710M

graxa, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 is all crazy, I can not set the brightness, the keys f1 - Similar Threads - crazy set brightness

2. Can I retrieve all my Windows 10 keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I retrieve all my Windows 10 keys: I have 4 Windows 10 licenses, upgraded from earlier versions, 3 are not in use at the moment on a PC or HDD. Can I retrieve the license keys and the type of OS - 32 or 64-bit? Thanks...
  3. Can I retrieve all my Windows 10 keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I retrieve all my Windows 10 keys: I have 4 Windows 10 licenses, upgraded from earlier versions, 3 are not in use at the moment on a PC or HDD. Can I retrieve the license keys and the type of OS - 32 or 64-bit? Thanks...
  4. Can I retrieve all my Windows 10 keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. F1 key to F12 key is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F1 key to F12 key is not working: Good evening! May I know why is my F1 key to F12 key is not working? Thank you ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-key-to-f12-key-is-not-working/e5e086aa-c535-4f10-8cd6-d5fcb21afe50
  6. Set brightness for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set brightness for Windows 10?: Hello I can't adjust my brightness on my laptop. So it does not work with the settings. When I go to Display there is no brightness anywhere. Helligkeit bei Windows 10 einstellen?
  7. Brightness setting on Windows 10

Brightness setting on Windows 10: Hello! I want to lower my laptops brightness but for some reason it won't let me. If I lower it, nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-setting-on-windows-10/938a3544-5cd0-4aef-8816-18a2c23168d4
  8. Fn key and F1-F12 keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn key and F1-F12 keys: 1. Previous versions of Win 10 and Office 365 allowed me to make keyboard shortcuts eg F2 = â, F2+Shift = ä, F2+Ctrl = é ... and F3 = ê, F2=Shift = ë etc. Currently the F1 - F12 keys are useless except for the functions showed by symbols (Sleep, Airplane mode on/off, etc)...
  9. no brightness setting in window 10

no brightness setting in window 10: the screen is too bright and I cant find the brightness button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-brightness-setting-in-window-10/81e07091-054a-49f4-94d0-caf25d47eb6e
  10. How to toggle between fn keys doing f1-f5 or brightness/volume

in Windows 10 Support
    How to toggle between fn keys doing f1-f5 or brightness/volume: Hello, I own an HP Envy Notebook PC (datasheet here: Page Not Found | HP® Official Site). At the moment, pressing the f1-f2 keys activates their secondary function, so for example turning the brightness/volume up/down. As an avid gamer, using the f-keys is beneficial...