Windows 10: My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim.

Discus and support My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; And yes, I've already tried the adaptive brightness, not the issue. It just happened out of nowhere, maybe I pressed the wrong selection of keys, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by salvaro, Oct 7, 2015.

1. salvaro Win User

My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim.

And yes, I've already tried the adaptive brightness, not the issue. It just happened out of nowhere, maybe I pressed the wrong selection of keys, but all I remember is that it just paused for a sec, after that it made this old school sounding computer noise (think the noise AOL use to make when it would be online), and then it just went black. I'm currently running Malwarebytes, so it may have been just a virus, but I'll have to see the results after I come back from my night class at 10.

:)

salvaro, Oct 7, 2015

2. Screen is dim after Windows 10 upgrade

I upgraded my Sony laptop (VPCS111FM) to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and the screen is now really dim (it was fine before).

- I made sure the brightness on my latop screen was at 100% (Cntrl-F6)

- I turned on and then off the adaptive brightness in the Power Savings

- I went to "Display Settings" and turned brightness to 100% (the "Apply" & "Cancel" button there are disabled, but after re-boot, the brightness level still says 100%....but the screen is still really dark)

surfafrica, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Screen dimming

Hello!

So this problem occurred after reboot when Windows 10 Fall Creators Update was installed and still continues to this day.

Screen dims after Logging in with PIN/Password (5 seconds after to be exact). And I know it isn't my Monitor because In brightness menu it's set to max.

Tried disabling adaptive brightness but still it doesn't work.

Robert Kristian Pucovsky, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim.

1. My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim. - Similar Threads - laptop's brightness max

2. What can i do to increase the brightness of my laptop . It is still dim despite increasing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can i do to increase the brightness of my laptop . It is still dim despite increasing...: What can i do to increase the brightness of my laptop . It is still dim despite increasing it to the fullest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-i-do-to-increase-the-brightness-of-my/56179b35-9082-49f0-96a6-f5715634068a
  3. What can i do to increase the brightness of my laptop . It is still dim despite increasing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What can i do to increase the brightness of my laptop . It is still dim despite increasing...: What can i do to increase the brightness of my laptop . It is still dim despite increasing it to the fullest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-i-do-to-increase-the-brightness-of-my/56179b35-9082-49f0-96a6-f5715634068a
  4. display is dim even at max brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    display is dim even at max brightness: My screen seems too dark even at max brightness. I've tried calibrating the HD display in colors settings and that doesn't work either. Any ideas how i can make it brighter?...
  5. Screen colors are dim even at max brightness. Struggling to find a fix!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen colors are dim even at max brightness. Struggling to find a fix!: I'm not sure if this happened after updating to the latest version of NVIDIA driver but my laptop display colors are a bit dark, even at max brightness. I have disabled adaptive brightness and I definitely don't have Night Light on, so not sure what is going on. I haven't...
  6. Dim Brightness

Dim Brightness: hello, please i need help with how i can restore my brightness to a higher resolution since my brightness just went automatically dim and no amount of adjustment seems to restore it back. thank you...
  7. Windows really dim

Windows really dim: I just booted my PC today, and I noticed that it's really dim. But the cursor isn't. I'm out of ideas. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-really-dim/86b6c25a-3543-415c-ae66-9e67a6487a46
  8. Brightness dimming on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness dimming on its own: It has been going on forever and I am getting sick of it. When I am playing a game or watching a movie, the brightness goes down it dims all by itself.. But the bar does not so I have to scroll it up and down till it goes back to normal. I have checked the nightlight and all...
  9. My screen brightness it at 100%, but still seems a bit dim. There is no adaptive brightness...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My screen brightness it at 100%, but still seems a bit dim. There is no adaptive brightness...: thanks submitted by /u/ThrowawayOak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekt8s4/my_screen_brightness_it_at_100_but_still_seems_a/
  10. Brightness in Windows 10 locked at max

Brightness in Windows 10 locked at max: My GPU died. RIP. Now I'm booting my laptop temporarily using the native display adapter, listed as Citrix Indirect Display Adapter in Device Manager. It seems to have the brightness stay at the maximum value and my eyes hurt. I've tried adjusting the brightness in System...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc brightness full but its dim

2. windows 10 laptop brightness max but screen still dim