Windows 10: My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim.

Discus and support My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; And yes, I've already tried the adaptive brightness, not the issue. It just happened out of nowhere, maybe I pressed the wrong selection of keys, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by salvaro, Oct 7, 2015.

1. salvaro Win User

My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim.

And yes, I've already tried the adaptive brightness, not the issue. It just happened out of nowhere, maybe I pressed the wrong selection of keys, but all I remember is that it just paused for a sec, after that it made this old school sounding computer noise (think the noise AOL use to make when it would be online), and then it just went black. I'm currently running Malwarebytes, so it may have been just a virus, but I'll have to see the results after I come back from my night class at 10.

:)

salvaro, Oct 7, 2015

2. Screen is dim after Windows 10 upgrade

I upgraded my Sony laptop (VPCS111FM) to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and the screen is now really dim (it was fine before).

- I made sure the brightness on my latop screen was at 100% (Cntrl-F6)

- I turned on and then off the adaptive brightness in the Power Savings

- I went to "Display Settings" and turned brightness to 100% (the "Apply" & "Cancel" button there are disabled, but after re-boot, the brightness level still says 100%....but the screen is still really dark)

surfafrica, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Screen dimming

Hello!

So this problem occurred after reboot when Windows 10 Fall Creators Update was installed and still continues to this day.

Screen dims after Logging in with PIN/Password (5 seconds after to be exact). And I know it isn't my Monitor because In brightness menu it's set to max.

Tried disabling adaptive brightness but still it doesn't work.

Robert Kristian Pucovsky, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim.

1. My Windows 10 laptop's brightness is at max but its still really dim. - Similar Threads - laptop's brightness max

2. My laptop thinks its storage is full but its not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop thinks its storage is full but its not: Hi, I have an Acer Swift Laptop (Model Name: SF315-51G) I have been struggling with the storage management on it for sometime now and am constantly confused. My laptop has 2 storage locations and it tells me its full because the 'This PC (C:) 119- GB' is completely full...
  3. Laptop brightness

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop brightness: My laptop brightness is almost zero.I cannot see anything.I tried to change brightness by making guess by reaching brightness settings somehow.but it didn't work.Please tell me how to increase brightness? Is it something to do with technical problem?...
  4. somone stilling my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    somone stilling my laptop: please help me someone still my laptop how to find out location. thank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somone-stilling-my-laptop/bc7ee7e4-a757-4d3f-bc37-d10530993e84
  5. Laptop screen dims on battery

Laptop screen dims on battery: Hello. This appears to be new behavior windows 1809 installed. I have a dell precision M6700. When the background is darkish the backlight light dims, when you open a browser window or something bright the brightness increases. This is not a quick action and as a result is...
  6. Laptop screen dims on battery

Laptop screen dims on battery: Hello. This appears to be new behavior windows 1809 installed. I have a dell precision M6700. When the background is darkish the backlight light dims, when you open a browser window or something bright the brightness increases. This is not a quick action and as a result is...
  7. why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10: why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-does-the-brightness-dim-when-i-unplug-my/5dd8b3f2-997c-47d0-a067-7c6add0df685
  8. Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off

Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off: This has been the bane of many a user. I found a solution that worked with my Alienware Laptop, but I don't claim it to be a universal fix. There is a dimming feature linked to the camera. It is designed to dim the screen to off when you walk away from the computer as a...
  9. Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.: My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv. Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it...
  10. Windows 10 Laptop Screen dimming problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Laptop Screen dimming problem: Basically, whenever i am in a game, my screen automatically dims, i would say to about 60-70% brightness. The only way to increase the brightness again is to tab out. I had actually somehow managed to fix this problem, but it began again after i accidentally removed my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 laptop brightness max but screen still dim