Windows 10: My windows 10 upgrade has frozen

Discus and support My windows 10 upgrade has frozen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am past the "Working on it message". The system told me it was preparing the upgrade but this might take a couple of hours so sit back!! I now have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulPatashnik, Aug 26, 2015.

1. My windows 10 upgrade has frozen

I am past the "Working on it message". The system told me it was preparing the upgrade but this might take a couple of hours so sit back!! I now have a black screen with a blue window in the middle and the pc has frozen for 90 minutes so far. I have a Dell Studio pc with windows 7 home premium. The pc will not respond to any mouse clicks or keyboard strokes. Answers please in non techie language as I am not pc literate. Thanks

:)

PaulPatashnik, Aug 26, 2015

2. frozen synaptics pointer on Toshiba satallite C50 since windows 10 upgrade

The pointer has frozen on my Toshiba satellite C50 since upgrading to windows 10, how can this be fixed

StephenMcGregor, Aug 26, 2015
  3. jroenn Win User
    Computer is frozen at password page

Original title: frozen laptop.

I have upgraded to windows 10.it seemed to work well.when i tried it again this am it has frozen at the password page.any suggestions.

jroenn, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

My windows 10 upgrade has frozen

Does the PC still show hard disk activity? Meaning: Does the PC still read from or write to the disk? As long as it does, I would just do nothing and wait.

Joergi, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

My windows 10 upgrade has frozen

1. My windows 10 upgrade has frozen - Similar Threads - upgrade has frozen

2. free upgrade windows 11 is frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade windows 11 is frozen: Split from this thread. free upgrade windows 11 is frozen and the agree button is not on the screen of my dell desktop. so i can't agree to the download. the windows 11 is cut off and at an angle. i have tried ctrl+alt+delete a dozen times and have rebooted dozens as well as...
  3. free upgrade windows 11 is frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade windows 11 is frozen: Split from this thread. free upgrade windows 11 is frozen and the agree button is not on the screen of my dell desktop. so i can't agree to the download. the windows 11 is cut off and at an angle. i have tried ctrl+alt+delete a dozen times and have rebooted dozens as well as...
  4. Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer: A few days ago I updated my new HP less than 2 mo. old to windows 11 and it was working fine. Today I got a notification that windows 11 needed to restart and indicated that would take about 5 minutes.More than 5 minutes passes and I finally get a message saying I can't be...
  5. Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update has completly frozen my computer: A few days ago I updated my new HP less than 2 mo. old to windows 11 and it was working fine. Today I got a notification that windows 11 needed to restart and indicated that would take about 5 minutes.More than 5 minutes passes and I finally get a message saying I can't be...
  6. Update has frozen computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update has frozen computer: Signed off last night and gave the go ahead to "update and shut down". Came in this morning and when I boot up computer I just get "lenovo" on black screen and it won't come on past that. Suggestions?...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade now update frozen

Windows 10 upgrade now update frozen: I purchased Windows 10 hours ago . Upgrading from 7. Got to this blue screen stuck at 89 % wheel stuck 35 mins - nothing please help I'm exhausted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-now-update-frozen/299505ab-91a8-423c-afd7-ba8b9c04992a
  8. frozen upgrade

frozen upgrade: While a Microsoft upgrade to my Outlook was loading, the process froze. How do I unfreeze it? 141778
  9. my windows 10 screen is frozen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my windows 10 screen is frozen: My PC is inaccessible because the screen is frozen. I can’t click anything and can see only a starting picture, nothing more. I have Windows 10 installed. Please, help me....
  10. after windows 10 upgrade cursor is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    after windows 10 upgrade cursor is frozen: after windows 10 upgrade cursor is frozen i have tried to reboot, remove battery for certain amount of time, trouble shoot the hardware, nothing works. when i start up the computer i am able use the mouse but once it properly boots up THE MOUSE IS FROZEN IN THE MIDDLE...