Windows 10: My Windows 10 won't display all menu items in English only Russian

Discus and support My Windows 10 won't display all menu items in English only Russian in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I recently purchased a new acer computer in Russia. It was running win8 and I upgraded to Win10 online. I have since tried to switch the menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chaimdan, Dec 7, 2015.

1. chaimdan Win User

My Windows 10 won't display all menu items in English only Russian

Hi

I recently purchased a new acer computer in Russia. It was running win8 and I upgraded to Win10 online.

I have since tried to switch the menu languages and everything to English but can't figure out how to get it to work completely in English.

Often used windows apps in the start menu all appear in english (maps, people, calculator etc..) but actual words Often used are in Russian. As are all menu items in windows explorer etc..and other windows programs.

When I go to time and Language settings and then Region and Language its setup as USA and English USA, don't even see Russian listed there.

Any help how to resolve?

Thank you very much!

Dan

:)

chaimdan, Dec 7, 2015

2. How to change account/store/phone display language in Windows 10 phone?

I updated old Nokia with Window 8 to Alcatel IDOL4S with Windows 10 system. I used the same account to setup my new phone. Apparently this account had a language somewhere set to Russian. After few reboots my phone has several applications -Phone, Messaging,
    Mail, Weather and Maps showing russian language which I do not want . Microsoft store also connects to russian region store, I believe. I went through all possible places that may have region/language setting and set it to English(USA). Now Phone region is
    set to English (USA), phone display language is set to English (USA), account region set to English(USA) and MS Store online language is set to English(USA). But my phone still shows russian app names or russian sentences everywhere - in Messaging, Mail etc.
    How can I change ALL phone to use English only language and English only apps??

LanaGusyeva, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Translation bug in phone's settings when change phone's language from Russian to English (United States)

Hello,

I'm using WIndows Phone 8.1 and I found a small thing with translation from Russian to English and vice verse.

Pre-conditions:

1. Phone uses Russian language (Settings -> language ->русский).

2. All settings' names and their summaries are translated into Russian.

Steps:

1. Change phone's language in settings (Settings -> language ->English (United States)).

2. Restart phone.

Actual results:

1. Summary for touch menu item (Settings -> touch) isn't translated into English (United States)).

2. Summary for network+ menu item (Settings -> network+) isn't translated into English (United States)).

Additional info:

1. To translate summaries for "touch" and "network+" menus just pick this menu items and they'll be translated into
    English (United States)).

2. If summaries for "touch" and "network+" weren't translated into phone's language (using step 1 from additional info), then the summaries after phone's restart will be changed correctly (into phone's language,
    English (United States) in our case).

3. This case works for translation English(United States) -> Russian and for Russian -> English(United States).

Environment:

Microsoft Lumia 535 DUAL SIM

OS Version: 8.10.14234.375

Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update

AnnaVoitiuk, Dec 7, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Did you install the english language pack? Look in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Language and see if English says "Windows display language: Enabled". If not click on Options (on the same screen), download the language pack and then click on Make this the primary language

My Windows 10 won't display all menu items in English only Russian [​IMG]

lx07, Dec 7, 2015
  5. chaimdan Win User
    When I click options, I see Windows Interface Language and Says not available in this version of windows

If no choice willing to pay to upgrade, if that's only option.. not sure how to do that though

Thank you very much!

chaimdan, Dec 7, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    Please download ShowKey Plus from here and post the results (but redact the actual key number).

Depending on what key you have (Pro, Home, Single language) you may be able to re-install in English without upgrading. I don't know the answer to that but others here certainly do.

lx07, Dec 7, 2015
  7. chaimdan Win User
    windows 10 home single language

what do I do? THANKS SO MUCH

chaimdan, Dec 7, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My Windows 10 won't display all menu items in English only Russian - Similar Threads - won't display menu

2. The welcome screen displays Russian Moldova after switching to English.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The welcome screen displays Russian Moldova after switching to English.: Hi!Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎7/‎15/‎2022 OS build 19045.3803 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 I set the language to English United States, switched the displayed system interface to English, set the formats of the United...
  3. The welcome screen displays Russian Moldova after switching to English.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The welcome screen displays Russian Moldova after switching to English.: Hi!Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎7/‎15/‎2022 OS build 19045.3803 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 I set the language to English United States, switched the displayed system interface to English, set the formats of the United...
  4. The welcome screen displays Russian Moldova after switching to English.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Russian only Windows 10 CD not installed can I get it exchanged to English version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Russian only Windows 10 CD not installed can I get it exchanged to English version: Purchased it thinking there will be a choice of install languages .... tried installing ....looks like Russian only ... Can I send it to Microsoft and get it exchanged ?...
  6. Cortana assistant English/Russian

in Cortana
    Cortana assistant English/Russian: When does Cortana will be available for Russia? It has been already 7 years, and there's still no hope from you, that it will appear any time soon. Could you at least, make Cortana English version working on Russian locale or something like that? Cortana declines to work on...
  7. Why is windows 10 is two different languages? Russian and English

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is windows 10 is two different languages? Russian and English: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/danielsebastian9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkdm87/why_is_windows_10_is_two_different_languages/
  8. Instead of English, Russian letters appears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Instead of English, Russian letters appears: I use English Keyboard Layout, but when I press the keys, only Russian letters appear. I use external keyboard. Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instead-of-english-russian-letters-appears/24968b69-8fe4-4441-8615-0a872cf5c90b
  9. Changing default language in Windows 10, from Russian to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default language in Windows 10, from Russian to English: I recently bought in Russia a laptop with Windows 10 already installed. Predictably the default language was Russian; less expectedly, there was no scope to change the default language to English or any other language. I went to settings, region, language, install a new...
  10. Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu: How to: Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu How to Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10 PC. Some of these...