Windows 10: My windows explorer freezes everytime I access a sub folder

Discus and support My windows explorer freezes everytime I access a sub folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If there is a folder in another folder, the whole windows explorer freezes when I click it. In order to fix it, I have to open the task manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by freezing, Nov 7, 2016.

1. freezing Win User

My windows explorer freezes everytime I access a sub folder

If there is a folder in another folder, the whole windows explorer freezes when I click it. In order to fix it, I have to open the task manager and restart the explorer. Cant even navigate through control panel or volume very well. Navigation works if i press a button like "Save as".

How can I fix this?

:)

freezing, Nov 7, 2016

2. outlook frozen in windows 10

Outlook opens - but cannot access any of the emails or sub folders. Freezes.

CarolPalko, Nov 7, 2016
  3. B.Ferrari Win User
    Syncronization endless

I have QTEK A9100.

I have an additional information, everytime I open My Pictures folder (to let me see the files) on my device, using Notebook's Explorer, Explorer freezes. If I copy my device's pictures in a new device folder's I can open and see the files using Notebook's
    Explorer.

Sometimes I can copy a small file like Notepad files to my Notebook, but when I try a huge file Explorer freezes.

B.Ferrari, Nov 7, 2016
Thema:

My windows explorer freezes everytime I access a sub folder

1. My windows explorer freezes everytime I access a sub folder - Similar Threads - explorer freezes everytime

2. Sub-folders in ransomware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sub-folders in ransomware protection: I want to add a folder with sub-folders in it to be protected with Windows 10 ransomware protection. Is enough to add the root folder in ransomware protected folder options in order that all of its subfolders are also protected? Or do I have to add each sub-folder...
  3. Quick Access folder view changes when sub folder views are changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access folder view changes when sub folder views are changed: Clicking the File Explorer to get to the Quick Access screen, "Recent folders" is in a separate pane at the top and "recent files" is at the bottom. This is how I want my Quick Access folder to look all the time. However, when I go to other folders on my computer and want to...
  4. WHY DOES MY WINDOWS 10 FREEZES EVERYTIME WHEN I TRY TO USE IT???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHY DOES MY WINDOWS 10 FREEZES EVERYTIME WHEN I TRY TO USE IT???: WINDOWS I WAS ABOUT TO ASK YOU WHY DOES MY WINDOWS 10 FREEZES EVERYTIME WHEN I TRY TO USE IT WHAT CAN I DO SO IT COULD STOP FREEZES PLEASE HELP ME AND THANKS A LOT...
  5. Sub Folders missing from my Windows Live

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sub Folders missing from my Windows Live: Dear Sir/Madam When I opened my windows live mail yesterday, all my sub folders have gone missing, along with my inbox. After discussion with my phone provider, we have managed to get the inbox folder back, but not the sub folders I have created. Is there a way of...
  6. Explorer attribute that shows when files in a sub-folder are modified

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer attribute that shows when files in a sub-folder are modified: The "date modified" attribute only updates when a file in the root of a folder is modified. But it does not update if a file in a sub-folder is modified. Is there an attribute that will show when the contents of sub-folders are modified? 119355
  7. Sub folder appearing and disappering.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sub folder appearing and disappering.: I am using windows 10 in my dell laptop.when I am trying to open one sun folder,it appears and immediately it disappears.I am unable to use it.can any one help me please,thanks in advance.I need that sub folder . Bijoy 117564
  8. sub folders in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sub folders in windows 10 mail: Is there a way to set up subfolders in windows 10 mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/sub-folders-in-windows-10-mail/b0aa4582-346e-40a8-917b-a1ad6fb5b3cd
  9. Changing Folder Sub-name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Folder Sub-name?: Ok so I'm a bit of a neat freak? I like to keep things in the right places so I went ahead and created a folder called Software which will keep all of my programs like AIDA64 or Precision X etc.. I was able to get it so that it would show under "This PC"...
  10. Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer: Hello, In the file explorer I have folders with pictures, music and videos. Each type is stores in a separate main folder and under it subfolders. In the main folder properties I customize it what columns I want to see, then I click to set the same to all subfolders, click...