Windows 10: My windows explorer freezes everytime I access a sub folder

Discus and support My windows explorer freezes everytime I access a sub folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If there is a folder in another folder, the whole windows explorer freezes when I click it. In order to fix it, I have to open the task manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by freezing, Nov 7, 2016.

1. freezing Win User

My windows explorer freezes everytime I access a sub folder

If there is a folder in another folder, the whole windows explorer freezes when I click it. In order to fix it, I have to open the task manager and restart the explorer. Cant even navigate through control panel or volume very well. Navigation works if i press a button like "Save as".

How can I fix this?

:)

freezing, Nov 7, 2016

2. outlook frozen in windows 10

Outlook opens - but cannot access any of the emails or sub folders. Freezes.

CarolPalko, Nov 7, 2016
  3. B.Ferrari Win User
    Syncronization endless

I have QTEK A9100.

I have an additional information, everytime I open My Pictures folder (to let me see the files) on my device, using Notebook's Explorer, Explorer freezes. If I copy my device's pictures in a new device folder's I can open and see the files using Notebook's
    Explorer.

Sometimes I can copy a small file like Notepad files to my Notebook, but when I try a huge file Explorer freezes.

B.Ferrari, Nov 7, 2016
Thema:

My windows explorer freezes everytime I access a sub folder

1. My windows explorer freezes everytime I access a sub folder - Similar Threads - explorer freezes everytime

2. Explorer freezes whenever I access folders with ".opus" extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer freezes whenever I access folders with ".opus" extension: It freezes for about 30s whenever I open the folder containing opus files or right click on any .opus files. It's not a hardware limitation since everything works fine when opening folders containing gigabytes of only .flac files. If I add a single .opus file to the very same...
  3. Explorer freezes whenever I access folders with ".opus" extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer freezes whenever I access folders with ".opus" extension: It freezes for about 30s whenever I open the folder containing opus files or right click on any .opus files. It's not a hardware limitation since everything works fine when opening folders containing gigabytes of only .flac files. If I add a single .opus file to the very same...
  4. explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 22H2 23536.1000 AppName Explorer.EXE AppVersion 10.0.23536.1000 AppTimeStamp 99338d8e ModuleName explorerframe.dll ModuleVersion 10.0.23536.1000 ModuleTimeStamp db47a7b7 ExceptionCode c000041d FaultingOffset 000000000008778d ProcessId 0x23f0...
  5. Windows File Explorer Freezes after opening sub folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Freezes after opening sub folders: I am posting this as a Solution, not a question. I have not seen this solution posted anywhere, so I wanted to get it out there for others to try. If you have issues with File Explorer freezing up when you drill down into sub-folders, try opening 'File Explorer Options'...
  6. Windows File Explorer Freezes after opening sub folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer Freezes after opening sub folders: I am posting this as a Solution, not a question. I have not seen this solution posted anywhere, so I wanted to get it out there for others to try. If you have issues with File Explorer freezing up when you drill down into sub-folders, try opening 'File Explorer Options'...
  7. Windows File Explorer Freezes after opening sub folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I want to show sub-folder documents in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to show sub-folder documents in file explorer: I am setting up libraries in Windows 10 version 1909. In Windows 7 I had 4 top-level folder locations in my Documents library, most have subfolders. When I view my Document library in Windows 7 File Explorer, I display using Detail view, grouped and sorted by modified date....
  9. Explorer crashes everytime I try to access This PC/Right click a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer crashes everytime I try to access This PC/Right click a folder: So suddenly yesterday and continuing today, For some reason When I try to access the This PC folder or when I right click anything the Explorer will crash and restart in a total of 5 seconds. I have a suspicion that it may have been due to me downloading a certain piece of...
  10. Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer: Hello, In the file explorer I have folders with pictures, music and videos. Each type is stores in a separate main folder and under it subfolders. In the main folder properties I customize it what columns I want to see, then I click to set the same to all subfolders, click...