Windows 10: my windows media will not play my music

Discus and support my windows media will not play my music in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why won,t windows media play my music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DEREKDYDE, Aug 27, 2018.

1. DEREKDYDE Win User

my windows media will not play my music

why won,t windows media play my music

:)

DEREKDYDE, Aug 27, 2018

2. Windows music media files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Are you trying to play the music's directly from the CD?
    • Are you using Windows Media Player to paly the music?
    • Did you try a different player?
    • Did you try copying the songs to a particular folder and checked if the issue persists?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Media Player Settings.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Convert Windows Media Play to Groove Music

Can I export Windows Media Player play lists to Groove Music. I don't want to have to reconstruct these. I have had them for years but since Windows Media Player is not really happy with Windows 10 can I switch to Grove Music and just copy and paste
    the play lists?

MaggiJunor, Aug 28, 2018
  4. my windows media will not play my music

MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

my windows media will not play my music

1. my windows media will not play my music - Similar Threads - media play music

2. Windows will not play music through my subwoofer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not play music through my subwoofer.: I'm using the onboard soundcard for a msi mpg z490 mother board on a fresh windows 11 install. left and right speakers are working correctly. subwoofer makes sound when I test it using both the realtek audio console and through the sound settings when I configure the...
  3. media player not playing back music in my libuary

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player not playing back music in my libuary: Run trouble shoter 3 times, uninstalled then reinstalled twice still no joy. The music has been on computer for years now will not play since update, hate the thing, when it was xp had absolute no problems siince windows ten nothing but problem, after updates always have to...
  4. Windows media not playing downloaded music.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows media not playing downloaded music.: To save my vinyl collection I have converted the albums to C D and then loaded them into and been picked up by W M P. However when I try to play the tracks of some Albums W M P refuses to play them whereas other albums play without problem. What can I do to correct this...
  5. Windows Media Player is not playing music from CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player is not playing music from CD: I have a new PC and I have connected a Pioneer BDR-XD07U drive via USB with a CD audio disc in the drive but when I try to play any audio track from the drive Windows Media Player will launch but not play any of the tracks. The drive shows in Media Player so the app at least...
  6. Windows Media Player will not play Music CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player will not play Music CD: I am running Windows 10 v.1903 and Windows Media Player v12. All updates were done. When I inserted a music CD into my CD/DVD drive, the Windows Media Player will start, and, after loading the music CD, will start Windows Installer to try to install something (showing just...
  7. Will the newest Windows Media Play play music CD's?

Will the newest Windows Media Play play music CD's?: Will latest version of Windows Play music CD's using the Window Media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-the-newest-windows-media-play-play-music-cds/c6dadf0c-feaa-4567-81cf-ce2d45877ab3
  8. Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.

Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.: Small, red, round dot with x on it has appeared at the start of music title and is unplayable. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-for-windows-10-music-will-not/c4e82854-c104-4c35-aa75-3a01a907f420
  9. MEDIA SOFTWARE - MUSIC NOT PLAYING ??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MEDIA SOFTWARE - MUSIC NOT PLAYING ??: 1. Issue - Getting a RED X when trying to play my music(It has been working) MUSIC WILL NOT PLAY ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-software-music-not-playing/bbec1bd8-f837-4911-8e9c-15f7926d5ea4
  10. Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist: [ATTACH] Windows Media Player in most cases is a much better media player when compared to Groove. We can understand why the Groove Music app was created, but with the music pass aspect dead in the water, maybe it’s time for [...] This post Windows Media Player is not...