Windows 10: My windows pc do not have system reserved partition

Discus and support My windows pc do not have system reserved partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Though this is related to win 7. I have checked in disk management also and it is not there also. Normally I back up my c drive along with system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sam9, May 6, 2017.

1. sam9 Win User

My windows pc do not have system reserved partition

Though this is related to win 7. I have checked in disk management also and it is not there also. Normally I back up my c drive along with system reserved partition with macrium and can install the windows with backup image on other hard disk. In this case as there was no system partition, I imaged only c drive and tried to install the windows on other hard disk but that hard disk could not boot with some boot failure. Please advise what could be the reason.

:)

sam9, May 6, 2017

2. No System Reserved Partition After Free Upgrade and Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro x64

I don't think the proposed solution applies to my problem. The Windows 7 system upgraded from didn't have system reserved partitions. So the system reserved partition can't be inadequate it didn't exist. Also, the system partition was formatted during the
    clean install so any existing system reserved partition would have been deleted. No errors were encountered during the upgrade and Windows 10 seems to work fine.

What I'm trying to do is determine is how to add a system reserved partition for the Windows 10 system without one. From what I've read each Windows 10 system should have a system reserved partition. Do I just need to redo the clean install?

Thanks.

Bill

B_Phillips, May 6, 2017
  3. Chillor Win User
    Window 10 Update error after download "Cannot Upgrade Reserved System Partition"

Thanks for the reply but as I stated I am not going to mess with system partitions or the registry these are not my doing but Microsoft's. I have disconnected my Windows 8.1 PC from the Internet since I now have received my reservation and it is still
    a non stop download to only fail with the system partition message. So I hooked up my Window 7 Home PC if Windows 10 fries it, it is okay since my 8.1 PC is my main PC. Wouldn't you know it, I have not received my Get Windows 10 reservation as of tonight
    on this Win 7 PC. Irony? I think not!

Chillor, May 6, 2017
  4. Rudy Mas Win User

Rudy Mas, May 6, 2017
  5. sam9 Win User
    No, I have only one hard disk.

My C drive is as follows:
    My windows pc do not have system reserved partition [​IMG]

If you think that not having system reserved partition does not have anything to not able to boot from the image restored from this. Then please take that also in to account and advise.

sam9, May 6, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Originally with Windows, there was no System Reserved Partition and the boot files also resided on same partition as the C drive. It is still possible to have legacy bios installs where this is the case for backwards compatibility.

Post image of disk partitions from disk management of hdd that boots so we can check if this applies.

cereberus, May 6, 2017
  7. sam9 Win User
    The above image of C drive is fom the HDD which is presently booting and I can see that boot files are on this partition but when I created image of this drive with Macrium and restored this on another HDD that did not boot. Should I try again. Presently I am away from my PC that is booting so unable to post disk partitions from disk management but I can say that there is three partitions C, D and E and no boot files are visible on other partitions after marking show hidden files and also unticking hide protected system operating files.

sam9, May 6, 2017
  8. sam9 Win User

I have another question. I have one more PC in which there is a system reserved partition available. If I restore this C drive image to the C drive pc where SRP is available, will this work or not.

sam9, May 6, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    After restoring the image, have you tried running the utility under Macrium Reflect's restore menu to Fix Windows boot problems? Also, in your OP you state "with some boot failure". Can you be more specific? "some boot failure" doesn't give us much to go on.

NavyLCDR, May 6, 2017
  10. sam9 Win User
    Thanks for responding. I tried again. Created image again and restored on a harddisk and PC other than the earlier once and it booted successfully. Tomorrow I will restore it to the harddisk and PC earlier used. Till then my fingers are crossed.

But could you please put a light on my other query regarding restoring on a disk where system partition is available.

11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just run that Fix Windows booting problems utility after restoring the Macrium Reflect image of C: drive. That will create the boot entry in the System Reserved partition for the restored partition.

NavyLCDR, May 6, 2017
  12. sam9 Win User
    Thanks. I will let you know after doing this.

13. sam9 Win User

Thanks again. Your suggestion to run Fix Windows booting problems utility worked.

14. sam9 Win User
    just waiting for tomorrow when I will attach the hard disk to my other PC but I am sure it will work there also.

15. sam9 Win User
    Thanks. It worked in the other pc also.

Thema:

1. My windows pc do not have system reserved partition - Similar Threads - system reserved partition

2. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  3. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  4. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  5. 2 System Reserved Partitions on my System

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 System Reserved Partitions on my System: In disk management, I have 2 system reserved partitions. One on my main SSD, the other on my Storage HDD. I heard if the other drive fails with the system reserved on then the system will not boot. What do I do about these 2 system reserved partitions?...
  6. System reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  7. Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.

Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.: Hi, Trying to eliminate the freezing up problem with Windows 10. Recently noticed a key update KB3176938 has not been loaded to my system. In the settings, tried to update but got the message "Can't update the system reserved partition." OK, so poked around in Microsoft...
  8. No system reserved partition on my SSD

No system reserved partition on my SSD: How do I create a system reserved partition on my SSD C: drive. I have 3 other drives installed and all have reserved system partitions. Any help would be appreciated 16516
  9. No system reserved partition

No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...
  10. No System Reserved Partition On My SSD

No System Reserved Partition On My SSD: I have an SSD with WIN7 installed. It has no System Reserved Partition (SRP) and thus no boot files on that nonexistent partition. I've read here that individuals with a SRP of only 100mb have had issues installing WIN 10 and that those issues were resolved by expanding the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have partition that my computer dindt see win10

2. my windows does not have system reserved partition

3. do not have system reserved partition

4. i have no system reserved partition,
  5. what if my computer does not have a reserved partition,
  6. windows does not have system reserved partition