Windows 10: My windows update isn't updating

Discus and support My windows update isn't updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there. I am currently running Windows 10 version 1909. It seems that it is reaching the end of its support and I believe I need to update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by C_wetton93, May 13, 2021.

1. My windows update isn't updating

Hi there. I am currently running Windows 10 version 1909. It seems that it is reaching the end of its support and I believe I need to update to whatever the latest version is. I have this on my windows update screenI also tried using windows 10 update assistant which seemed to recognise that I need an update and set about doing what you would expect, download and verifying the update and then installing it. Eventually prompting me to restart the computer. It said it could take up to 90 minutes but it restarted like any normal restart and when I checked I was still running the same 1909 version

:)

C_wetton93, May 13, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 13, 2021
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. AsRock Win User

My windows update isn't updating

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 13, 2021
Thema:

My windows update isn't updating

1. My windows update isn't updating - Similar Threads - update isn't updating

2. The Update isn't updating my programs. And are not responding to my clicks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Update isn't updating my programs. And are not responding to my clicks.: Ever since I was Involved in a data breech, I can't seem to get anything to work, so please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-update-isnt-updating-my-programs-and-are-not/8bf62a7b-f3ff-4219-aa56-104be22bbd59
  3. The Update isn't updating my programs. And are not responding to my clicks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Update isn't updating my programs. And are not responding to my clicks.: Ever since I was Involved in a data breech, I can't seem to get anything to work, so please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-update-isnt-updating-my-programs-and-are-not/8bf62a7b-f3ff-4219-aa56-104be22bbd59
  4. Why isn't my windows updating? 0x800703e6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my windows updating? 0x800703e6: I've been trying to update my windows for a while and nothing seems to be working, it's really frustrating when it takes an extra 3min to open my computer because it says "please wait" whenever I turn my computer on. I've tried searching different things up and it hasn't...
  5. Why isn't my windows updating? 0x800703e6

Why isn't my windows updating? 0x800703e6: I've been trying to update my windows for a while and nothing seems to be working, it's really frustrating when it takes an extra 3min to open my computer because it says "please wait" whenever I turn my computer on. I've tried searching different things up and it hasn't...
  6. Why isn't my windows updating? 0x800703e6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 isn't updating.

Windows 10 isn't updating.: I've been trying just about everything I can find on the support site for trying to fix windows updates. For reference, Windows hasn't updated in awhile and whenever I try to use the 'Check for Updates' button, nothing happens. It seems to check for a few seconds before...
  8. Windows 10 isn't updating.

Windows 10 isn't updating.: I've been trying just about everything I can find on the support site for trying to fix windows updates. For reference, Windows hasn't updated in awhile and whenever I try to use the 'Check for Updates' button, nothing happens. It seems to check for a few seconds before...
  9. Windows updates isn't installing.

Windows updates isn't installing.: Hello everyone, Recently I got two updates. One was cumulative update and another one is this update which I am giving screenshot of. It was a optional update, I decided to install this one too. It has beenover two hours. The update is installing till 100% then it is...
  10. Windows update isn't working

Windows update isn't working: windows update won't work: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 KB4486153 -Error 0x80092004 2019-12 Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems KB4023057 -Error 0x80070002 Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 -Error...