Windows 10: My wireless connection is being interrupted by "Hidden Network."

Discus and support My wireless connection is being interrupted by "Hidden Network." in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am a 17 year old who has been gaming on my PC (HP Desktop w/ Windows 10) and other console for years, all using the same wifi. In the past 8 months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Risky Staggs, Jul 5, 2018.

1. My wireless connection is being interrupted by "Hidden Network."

I am a 17 year old who has been gaming on my PC (HP Desktop w/ Windows 10) and other console for years, all using the same wifi. In the past 8 months however, I have been met by some problems with my internet connection. At random, my connection (wireless, not ethernet; the modem is not in the room) will go from full bars to about two on the bottom right of my windows 10 screen, and when I click on the connections list it will show that I am connected to my network, but there is a "Hidden Network", usually showing full 4 bars of range for this network. The hidden network is only present when there is an interference with my wireless connection, and constantly interrupts my game play and even internet browsing in some extreme cases. I usually hotfix this issue by turning off Wi-Fi and turning it back on, where I will uncheck connect automatically on all of the networks listed and try to reconnect to my Network until i am able to rejoin the game that I am playing in. This issue started 11/2017, went away for a few months, and has just started to come back to haunt me. Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

(P.S. - I originally thought this network was something tied to Russian Virus Yandex I accidentally downloaded my computer, but the problem persisted upon removal. I don't have any other viral programs that I am aware of on my device and the antivirus programs have consistently shown no signs of any issues within my computer.)

:)

Risky Staggs, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Lundarius Win User

Windows Phone 7 connecting to hidden wireless networks.

Why isn't connecting to a hidden wireless network supported? The reasoning behind why using a hidden SSID is a bad idea are poorly thought out. If somebody was savvy enough to hack your hidden, encrypted wireless network, nothing is going to stop them from
    doing it to your broadcasted one. Having is a hidden wireless network, especially in an enterprise environment is less for security reasons and more to prevent the everyday user from accessing it. Where I work, we have separate wireless networks setup, one
    for general user and contractor use and one for IT use. We hide the one for IT just so users don't hop on it and they log into the one setup for them.

Lundarius, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jul 5, 2018
  4. My wireless connection is being interrupted by "Hidden Network."

Connecting to hidden Wireless Network on Windows 10

Hi Glen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per description, I understand that you are facing issue using Wi-Fi network on Windows 10. I will be glad to help you.

As a work around, I suggest you to connect Ethernet cable and check whether you are able to browse the internet without interruption.

Follow below steps to connect to a hidden wireless network and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click or tap and hold on the network icon from system tray and then select
    "Open Network and

Sharing Center".

2. Select "Set up a new connection or network" option.

3. Select "Manually connect to a wireless network" and click
    Next

4. Enter the security information for your network in the appropriate fields, as shown below:

5. Type the SSID in the Network name field.

6. Choose the type of security used by the hidden wireless network under
    Security type field

7. Type the password used by the wireless network in Security type field.

8. If you don't want others to see the password you type, check the box that says
    "Hide characters".

9. Select the box "Start this connection automatically" to connect the network automatically.

10. Once you have entered all the requested information, click Next and check if issue is resolved.

Refer below article for more information on Wireless Network:

Why can't I get online?

Why can't I find a wireless network?

Note: References to Windows 8.1 also apply to Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

My wireless connection is being interrupted by "Hidden Network."

1. My wireless connection is being interrupted by "Hidden Network." - Similar Threads - wireless connection being

2. Connect a network drive hidden?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect a network drive hidden?: Hi,I'm trying to connect a network drive that should be hidden and only be able to access with the given name of the Folder. Now in Windows 7 i was able to do that using this command in the Command Prompt and it is not shown in the File Explorer but i cant access it with the...
  3. Connect a network drive hidden?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect a network drive hidden?: Hi,I'm trying to connect a network drive that should be hidden and only be able to access with the given name of the Folder. Now in Windows 7 i was able to do that using this command in the Command Prompt and it is not shown in the File Explorer but i cant access it with the...
  4. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  5. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  6. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. connection was interrupted a network change was detected??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connection was interrupted a network change was detected??: Every single time in Microsoft edge i get the connection was interrupted a network change was detected, what network change nothing has changed, it does this constantly and is now getting bothersome, a simple refresh of the page fixes it but what the heck is causing it. any...
  8. To Show Hidden Wireless Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    To Show Hidden Wireless Network: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedAlae [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/heen8q/to_show_hidden_wireless_network/
  9. Wireless Network Connection

Wireless Network Connection: Hi, my pc constantly loses internet connection. I'm connected to WiFi and the next minute the pc can't find any wireless network. I always have to re-initiate the pc for the networks to appear again. How can I solve this issue for good?...
  10. hidden network automatic connection

hidden network automatic connection: Hi there, I just purchased a small tablet computer and connecting to the wifi at home i notice in addition to my regular wifi network, it is connecting to a hidden network without my permission. I just unchecked the box that said connect automatically to the hidden...