Windows 10: My XPS 15 9560 never goes to sleep by itself

Discus and support My XPS 15 9560 never goes to sleep by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Something prevents my XPS 15 9560 from going to sleep by itself. I've run the energy troubleshooter and it has no remarks. The energy program is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tevoko, May 28, 2018.

1. Tevoko Win User

My XPS 15 9560 never goes to sleep by itself

Hi

Something prevents my XPS 15 9560 from going to sleep by itself. I've run the energy troubleshooter and it has no remarks. The energy program is set to put the computer to sleep after 30 minutes but nothing happens. If I don't turn off the computer myself it'll never turn off. Anyone who has an idea of how to solve this issue? Thanks!

:)

Tevoko, May 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 no screen saver, never goes to sleep

I have a brand new Lenovo all in one desktop with Windows 10. This thing never goes to sleep and the screen saver never comes on even though the settings are turned on.

Yesterday I got my Brother Multifunction printer/copier/scanner machine (MFC8810DW) up and going with help of Brother. Even though everything prints just fine and the scanner works, the printer model isn't listed as a printer. There is something called a
    Brother pc-fax v.3 listed, but Brother said that's not my printer.. Brother said I should contact Lenovo.

Not sure if something from printer driver is stepping on something preventing machine from going to sleep and screen saver coming on.

DarcyHorton, May 28, 2018
  3. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 28, 2018
Thema:

My XPS 15 9560 never goes to sleep by itself

1. My XPS 15 9560 never goes to sleep by itself - Similar Threads - XPS 9560 never

2. Dell XPS 15 9560 Ethernet Connection through Thunderbolt Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 9560 Ethernet Connection through Thunderbolt Port: Hello Microsoft Community! I hope all is well on your end. This is my first post because I'm stumped after trying steps from all over the Internet.I have an ethernet cable that's meant for gigabit connection as the Wi-Fi router isn't sufficient enough to deliver the speed....
  3. Computer goes to sleep by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to sleep by itself: My computer screen turns itself off. Source LockApp.exe Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎23-‎Aug-‎20 6:09 PM Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path:...
  4. XPS 15 7590 goes into "Connected Standby" after 30mins when plugged in and set to Never...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XPS 15 7590 goes into "Connected Standby" after 30mins when plugged in and set to Never...: submitted by /u/cadtek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fb4nx3/xps_15_7590_goes_into_connected_standby_after/
  5. BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560.

BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560.: Hello, BSODs happened after a windows update, with multiple BSOD in loops on my laptop. I managed to find a workaround, the machine is always stable when running on only 1 core, My configuration is Dell XPS 15 9560 BIOS 1.18.0 Windows 10.0.18362 SKU 07BE Intel core i7...
  6. Stuttering 2.4G Wireless Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560)

Stuttering 2.4G Wireless Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560): I have a problem with wireless mice. The mice, which work perfectly on other computers, stutter massively on my XPS 15 (9560) to the point which it's pretty difficult sometimes to do anything. If I bring the mouse right next to the usb receiver, then they work well, but 50-60...
  7. Stuttering Bluetooth Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560)

Stuttering Bluetooth Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560): I have a problem with bluetooth mice. The mice, which work perfectly on other computers, stutter massively on my XPS 15 (9560) to the point which it's pretty difficult sometimes to do anything. If I bring the mice right next to the usb receiver, then they work well, but 50-60...
  8. Blue screen: "irql not less or equal" error on xps 15 9560

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen: "irql not less or equal" error on xps 15 9560: Hi guys, It's some days that 2 or 3 times per day I get a blu screen error "irql not less or equal" while I'm using my pc. It happens in very different situation of use, soft use or GPU intesive gaming. I've tested my RAM with mdsched.exe but everything is ok. I've tried...
  9. GPU issue on XPS 15 9560 (code45)

GPU issue on XPS 15 9560 (code45): I've recently noticed a weird issue affecting my XPS 15 9560, the Nvidia GPU 1050 disappeared from my device manager! So after digging a bit and enabling 'show hidden devices' in device manager, the 1050 is shown grayed out with the error: "This hardware device is not...
  10. Hard drives never goes to sleep

Hard drives never goes to sleep: Bonjour, I am having an issue with a "fresh" Windows 10 installation. I emphasis "fresh" because it ain't so fresh anymore but has been reinstalled and the problem was not present on my last installation. I currently have 4 standard HDD (3x green, 1x black) and 1 SSD...