Windows 10: Mysterious Folder in Program Files

Discus and support Mysterious Folder in Program Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a strange folder in C:\Program Files (x86) called "My Company Name" and inside it another one called "My Product Name". This one is empty. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abc01, Sep 20, 2015.

1. abc01 Win User

Mysterious Folder in Program Files

I have a strange folder in C:\Program Files (x86) called "My Company Name" and inside it another one called "My Product Name". This one is empty. My ESET Smart Security found nothing. I can't figure it out where it came from. Is this malware?

:)

abc01, Sep 20, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

It might have been created by something you installed. Write back after you do some research on the web.

BulldogXX, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Mysterious Folder in Program Files

I have a strange folder in C:\Program Files (x86) called "My Company Name" and inside it another one called "My Product Name". This one is empty. My ESET Smart Security found nothing. I can't figure it out where it came from. Is this malware?

Dragoș Jurca, Sep 20, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Yes. Win+X->Programs & Features and uninstall these 2's: ph & bh

topgundcp, Sep 20, 2015
  5. abc01 Win User
    That's weird; I don't have them.

abc01, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Mysterious Folder in Program Files - Similar Threads - Mysterious Folder Program

2. Mysterious .SES file in Temp folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious .SES file in Temp folder: I accidentally came across a mysterious file in the \AppData\Local\Temp folder. It doesn't have a name but the extension .SES with the size of 1 KB. I noticed that it refreshes itself every 10 minutes exactly, where it keeps the same name and file size but the Modified Date...
  3. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: You: There is a program named Update in my Startup programs list in task manager. It has no publisher; the generic .exe icon & I can't click into and see its file location or properties. Is this from a recent update, or has my computer been infected?Me: No, Files Details-Type...
  4. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  5. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  6. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mysterious files in my "Temp" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mysterious files in my "Temp" folder: Lot's of random files in my "Temp" folder. I had a computer virus a few months ago, and I'm worried that a few of these are related to it. Can anyone tell me what they are? [ATTACH]...
  8. Mysterious "Update" and "Program" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious "Update" and "Program" file in Startup programs?: I'm using Windows 10 and I noticed these two entries in the Startup programs list. Both of them have no publisher attached which gives me some concern. I uninstalled Opera browser which got rid of "Update". Not sure what "Program" relates to. Anyone know how I can find...
  9. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: This is a follow up question to the one posted a few months ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mysterious-update-file-in-startup-programs/a1c13bd9-d05f-4c23-abb4-efb927d3d130 I actually discovered this entry shows up when you delete an app that was...
  10. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: There is a program named Update in my Startup programs list in task manager. It has no publisher, the generic .exe icon, and I can't click into and see its file location or properties. Is this from a recent update, or has my computer been infected? Until i'm sure, I don't...