Windows 10: Mysterious Icon in Taskbar

Discus and support Mysterious Icon in Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My system is on 24/7 and I use a screen saver which activates after 15 minutes of inactivity. Every now and then, when I first start using the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sir George, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Mysterious Icon in Taskbar

My system is on 24/7 and I use a screen saver which activates after 15 minutes of inactivity. Every now and then, when I first start using the system in the morning, there is an unknown icon in the Taskbar (image below). Usually, the appearance of this unknown icon will cause the system to become unstable and clicking any desktop icon will lock on it, but it will not activate or run the associated program. This usually requires a system shutdown using the On/Off button to correct the problem. However, when the icon appeared today I received an error message, after moving the mouse around; "System Settings Broker has stopped working"

Anyone else having this problem or know what may be causing it?

Mysterious Icon in Taskbar [​IMG]

I have enlarged the image from its original size for clarity.

:)

Sir George, Sep 17, 2015

2. Mysterious reset icon in taskbar

Hi Eric,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Mysterious reset icon in taskbar

I appreciate the help but I seem to have fixed it. It was nvidia shadow lay that was Makinf the icon.

ericthedomos, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

Mysterious Icon in Taskbar

1. Mysterious Icon in Taskbar - Similar Threads - Mysterious Icon Taskbar

2. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  3. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  4. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mystery Icon on my Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Icon on my Screen?: [img] Has anyone ever seen this "sticky" icon appear on their screen? This thing appears now and again on my screen, near the top, smack in the middle, above all other windows. It stays at top level and I can't move it. It also is apparently not associated with any open...
  6. mystery blank tab on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    mystery blank tab on taskbar: I was watching netflix on fullscreen view and for a moment the taskbar appeared and I saw a blank taskbar box appear next to all of the other icon boxes on my taskbar. It disappeared after a second, I have never seen this happen while running windows 8.1 or windows 10. It...
  7. Mystery tray icon...

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery tray icon...: I have noticed a tray icon that I don't recognise. If I hover over it there is no information and if I click it nothing (appears) to happen. There is no right-click menu for it either. How can I identify it and deal with it? 120720
  8. Mystery icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery icon: Hi. Can anyone tell me what this icon is for? (Top-right) [img] All the others shown, when mouse-over (hover) present some text info but this icon nothing. I've tried left-click, double-click, right-click ... nothing. T.I.A. *Smile 38413
  9. Mystery Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Icon: I am at my wits end. I have searched and searched with no success. Has anyone seen this icon and can tell me what it is, please? Thank you in advance. ~~ [img] 48617
  10. Help with mysterious icons please

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with mysterious icons please: [IMG] [/IMG] can anyone please assist with getting rid of these icons now showing on all my pictures , they appeared without me adding them today??? only thing I did was update adblocker plus then this happened your help is appreciated cheers 30590